Military "Intelligence" at the Pentagon

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pentagon story

Check out this link. It amazes me that the Armed Forces works so hard, and spends so much money, to recruit, train, and assign personnel - only to spend more money to discharge some of them, then spend more money to recruit, train, obtain special immigrant status & right to work, and assign, and pay, the replacements. These are non-military, foreign nationals they are employing to handle some situations of great risk to national security.

major_7

1st Like
Media
I always hated how my military friends had to be so secretive about their identity. They (the military) would rather cut off their noses to spite their face sometimes.

I come from a very military family, and at age 17, the night before I was to go downtown and sign up (with the " guarantee" that I would get the schooling of my choice) I had to sit down with my family and tell them that I couldn't go through with it, because I was not going to lie about my sexual orientation. My family pointed out their friends in the military that were gay (both men and women) and asked me if I could just keep it "hidden" like they did. Did I want to go through my entire life with a major part of myself hidden? I couldn't/wouldn't do it.

I respect the men and women that serve our country (straight and gay) and hope that they are all ok and come home safely to their loved ones.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
this is not about national security; it's about personal insecurity. it's difficult to believe that there are still idiots out there trying to pretend that anyone's sexuality has any relevance to their job in the military whatsoever. speaking as a former soldier and combat vet myself, I can assure you that these puerile dipshits have better things they ought to be worrying about.

I did type out a huge long post detailing exactly "don't ask, don't tell" is a self-defeating waste of resources, but by the time I finished, I realized that anyone with an ounce of common sense would've already figured out pretty much everything I'd written themselves ...

... which says a lot about the people who ordered the dismissal of those translators, really.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr. Rock, I remained closeted during my 4 years in the United States Marine Corps. I did my job well, but didn't kiss ass very well, so I was "not promotable." I consistently received conduct & proficiency marks below those recommended by the USMC for someone who has received Article 15/Non-Judicial Punishment (for those who don't understand, that's like a small, non-felony court martial) even though my record was clean.

I took over our Admin office (two billets: admin chief, an E-5 billet, and admin clerk, an E-4 billet). It should have been a sergeant in charge of the office, and a corporal doing most of the work, but it was just me - a lance corporal, E-3. Shortly after, our C. O. added "mail clerk" to my duties, and E-3 billet, but very time-consuming. So I was doing 3 additional jobs, two of them rated higher than my current rank. The admin work put me in frequent contact, and doing work for, our Assistant Chief-of-Staff, G-1. This Major was in charge of all administration for the First Marine Division. He decided he liked the work I was doing, better than the previous 3 who did it, and he recommended me for a Navy Achievement Medal, which I received. So here is a lance corporal, simultaneously doing the work of a lance corporal, and corporal, and a sergeant; doing it better than the 3 previous combined; The Major tried several times to talk me into re-enlisting when my contract was up, wanted to get my out of the unit I was with because of their poor leadership... but I knew I was gay, I knew that one enlistment was enough. Just goes to show you, the gays in the military often feel driven to outperform their peers, and so are usually outstanding service members. But more often than not, those same outstanding service members just cannot continue in such hostile work environment.

major_7

1st Like
Media
DC_Deep are you comfortable with telling us what type of work you do now? Perhaps you have already done so, and I missed it. However, you are just another example of how the military screws up and loses people who would be good for the service of our country.

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel like if you are willing to go off and put your life on the line then it shouldn't matter what color you are, your religious beliefs or your sexual orientation. I think it is just complete and total bull shit. I feel that by hiding your sexual orientation that not only are you lying to others but in a way to yourself as well. Just my two cents worth.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I turned 18 in '72 towards the end of the Viet Nam war. (YES, I am verrrry old) and had to register and get my draft number. Which thankfully was fairly high. I didn't know it till just a few years before my Dad died, but the decorated Air Force engineer who served in combat in the Phillipines during the war, had a plan. Actually two plans. First, he had a Military doctor willing to find medical reasons I couldn't serve and failing that, my parents were going to ship my hairy teenaged ass off to Canada! That was how apposed my war veteran father was to the Viet Nam war. After I came out years later, he related and these are his words "if they kicked all the gay guys out of the air force, they couldn't get an airplane off the ground." Can't imagine what he would be saying now about the mess we are in with Iraw et al.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It's basically another token to the religious reich, while simultaneously doing what Republicans (and the DLC) do best and selling out best assets to foreign countries.

hung_big: Does this surprise anybody?

Military "intelligence" has to be one of the greatest oxymorons ever to be created.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@May 20 2005, 05:18 PM
Dr. Rock, I remained closeted during my 4 years in the United States Marine Corps. I did my job well, but didn't kiss ass very well, so I was "not promotable."
hah, same here. I made corporal real fast, then after a couple of years they finally admitted to me that while I was responsible enough to be a career sergeant, I'd never climb any higher because of my history of "issues" with officers (trans: I'm an obnoxious little prick who can't deal with authority). basically I was told that if I ever wanted a commission I'd have to reenlist as an officer cadet, go through college and so on, but I don't think that would've made any difference - the real problem, as my CO told me the last time I was commended, was that I "showed too much initiative." :eyes:

Just goes to show you, the gays in the military often feel driven to outperform their peers, and so are usually outstanding service members. But more often than not, those same outstanding service members just cannot continue in such hostile work environment.
[post=313135]Quoted post[/post]​
no kidding. by the time I signed up they'd finally lifted the "ban" on gays in the army, but anyone who actually admitted they were gay came in for the same old shit regardless. there was never any effort made to actually make the nondiscrimination idea MEAN anything in practise. many of the gay guys I served with admitted that they had been "out" for years in civilian life, but professionally they were forced to stay in the closet to avoid ending up on the "unwritten shitlist."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 20 2005, 04:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 20 2005, 04:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hung_big@May 20 2005, 08:17 PM

Military "intelligence" has to be one of the greatest oxymorons ever to be created.
[post=313194]Quoted post[/post]​

Mo more than Religious Right.
[post=313206]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Touche&#33; How about we all pressure our elected officials to make the Pentagon transparently fiscally and procedurally accountable? Don&#39;t take no for an answer, don&#39;t take National Security as an excuse. Show us how Halliburton got a no-bid contract in an area required by federal law to accept bids?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@May 25 2005, 11:43 AM
Show us how Halliburton got a no-bid contract in an area required by federal law to accept bids?
[post=314560]Quoted post[/post]​

Guess we will have to ask Dick Cheney how. Alas, it&#39;s just one more illegal, impeachable offense.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy+May 25 2005, 02:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; May 25 2005, 02:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@May 25 2005, 11:43 AM
Show us how Halliburton got a no-bid contract in an area required by federal law to accept bids?
[post=314560]Quoted post[/post]​

Guess we will have to ask Dick Cheney how. Alas, it&#39;s just one more illegal, impeachable offense.
[post=314571]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
So where&#39;s the impeachment? Everyone seemed so upset when one former president got a blowjob in the Oval Office. This kinda shit happens, and no one really seems to care.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Because it&#39;s not juicy, pardon the pun. And also because the "liberal media" is a baldfaced lie. And because there was an opposition-party majority in Congress then.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would sure like to find this "liberal media" everyone is so fucking excited about? GE owns NBC, Rupert Murdoch is an admin. puppet, ABC is a unit of Disney and CBS is owned by Viacom. Time Warner and Fox pretty well has everything else locked up. So, tell me which of those companies are "liberal"....all owe their wellfare in one manner or another to the government. GE alone makes billions off their defense contracts. Liberal media, hah.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy@May 25 2005, 08:13 PM
I would sure like to find this "liberal media" everyone is so fucking excited about? GE owns NBC, Rupert Murdoch is an admin. puppet, ABC is a unit of Disney and CBS is owned by Viacom. Time Warner and Fox pretty well has everything else locked up. So, tell me which of those companies are "liberal"....all owe their wellfare in one manner or another to the government. GE alone makes billions off their defense contracts. Liberal media, hah.
[post=314718]Quoted post[/post]​

KinkGuy, you need to read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them," by Al Franken. Informative and hilarious.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The blow job was really no one&#39;s business except Hillary and the girl involved. I don&#39;t think the private sex live of a president is anyone&#39;s business unless the CIA has evidence the "other person" is an agent of a foreign government.

But such things as giving reguired bid jobs to companies without a bid, and bankrupting the government are to be looked over. No charge for impeachment.

But oh those blow jobs :evilgrin: I really wasn&#39;t aware that blow jobs was listed in the constitution as an impeachable offense. Apparently the Constitution allows locking up a woman until she is willing to lie on the President and is kept in solidary confinement for a while until she agrees to lie. That is what the special prosecutors did during the Clinton years.

We owe a great debt of gratitute to the Nazi&#39;s, the Soviets, and the Chinese for teaching America how to efficiently run the government. The Founders either didn&#39;t know or forgot to put all of that into the Constitution. But the Communists taught us how to write a Consitution and ignore it legally or illegally as the case may be.

You can depend on the Republicans to do this. It is their history and they are proud of it. And now that they have full and complete control of the government, it will be interesting to see what all we have coming down the pipeline.

When you read all that happened under Hoover which was the last time the Republicans had it all, you shudder. They arrested World War I veterans in Washington D.C for coming to Washington asking for the benefits that were voted by the Congress to give them. Hoover was afraid of a national coup and basically put in martial law in the nation&#39;s capital. Those World War I verterans were, after all, dangerous people, very dangerous people.

I guess we can rest comfortably now knowing that they are all dead and we are free from danger of those bandits of a bygone era.

*I am not too concerned. Jana and I will be in the first group taken and Jonb is going to brng a file in a cake to save us. Hung_Big is going to provide refuge for us in Canada. Don&#39;t know what the rest of you are going to do. I suggest you make friends in Canada quick.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the majority of sex laws were mainly for witch hunts. Practically everyone broke them, but the ones who were caught just didn&#39;t have a good lawyer.

The impeachment&#39;s similar.