Milk and BGH, Fox News and word usage

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. I bet some of you were aware of this already. I'm linking to this not to teach you about BGH, because if you don't know about that by now, you've been under a rock. I'm not posting it to teach you that our government is to be mistrusted because it can be bought off. Youshould already know that, too. I'm writing this for those people out there who still love Fox News. I want them to see for themselves how Fox presents news, and what the attitudes are regarding truth at the highest levels. Also, I post this to teach you an important tidbit of law.

The important tidbit of law is at the end. So is the most significant example of Fox News' deceptive word usage in broadcasts. The last minute of this broadcast is a shocker, folks.

Fox's whistle-blowers

This is just like when the manager of Fox in the UK was caught saying the purposely skewed the news to favor conservatism. I never watch Fox any longer but this proves once again, always question the motives of who brings you the news you hear and read between the lines.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. I bet some of you were aware of this already....

I'm writing this for those people out there who still love Fox News. I want them to see for themselves how Fox presents news, and what the attitudes are regarding truth at the highest levels. Also, I post this to teach you an important tidbit of law.

The important tidbit of law is at the end. So is the most significant example of Fox News' deceptive word usage in broadcasts. The last minute of this broadcast is a shocker, folks.

Fox's whistle-blowers
Yes, darling, I was already aware of it. But how dare you insinuate that Fox News is anything but fair and balanced... oh, wait, that's just their corporate motto-speak and has nothing to do with reality. Never mind.

The only thing I watch on Fox is The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. The rest of their programming sux, their corporate practices sux... well, everything about them sux except for those afore-mentioned 3 programs.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It doesn't bother me. I've seen bias in the media all of my life. I'm used to it. Jaded.

Accept it, know it's always there, and deal with it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never been a fan of the FOX networks alleged news. I stopped watching them completely after the ridiculous misinformation they broadcast after 9/11/01. They are a big part of the reason so many people think Saddam Hussein attacked the World Trade Center. :eek: NOT! The only reason he went after Saddam was to avenge big daddy Bush.

IMHO, they cater to the lowest common denominator of the American viewing public.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only reason he went after Saddam was to avenge big daddy Bush.

Not the only reason and really only a minor reason.

IMHO, they cater to the lowest common denominator of the American viewing public.

Murdoch has tried for years to manipulate the domestic Australian scene but thanks to our cross media ownership laws he has, mostly, failed. I'm glad the egotistical, meglomaniacal little nutter doesn't call Australia home anymore.

One of our not so fine exports. Sorry.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It doesn't bother me. I've seen bias in the media all of my life. I'm used to it. Jaded.

Accept it, know it's always there, and deal with it.

By "deal with it" do you mean ignore it? Accepting it is one thing but tolerating it, and worse, ignoring it are something else.

...The only thing I watch on Fox is The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. The rest of their programming sux, their corporate practices sux... well, everything about them sux except for those afore-mentioned 3 programs.
Agreed. However, if you happen to see a woman in Montel Williams' audience asking accusatory questions of some guests who looks a lot like me try to ignore that. It's a fluke. Someone had to use that ticket, I'm not sure how it ended up being me. :biggrin1: I walked away from that experience with a bit of a distaste for Mr. Williams stronger than my previous distaste. The man is wearing a gorgeous watch, however. Hurt my eyes. I wonder (as I wonder about all celebrities of African descent) if he verified the country of origin on what had to be 7 carats of flawless diamonds before he made a purchase. Hmmm. But yeah. Fox sucks.

I have never been a fan of the FOX networks alleged news. ...
Alleged is the perfect word for it.

[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Not the only reason and really only a minor reason.
Agreed. However, youforgot to make the apropriate noises about Fox News sucking moose cock. Now drop and give me 20!

...One of our not so fine exports. Sorry.

Can we deport him?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Fox is truly disgusting. The only people I know who like it are my gazillionaire mother and her megagazillionaire rabid Republican husband (who, by the way thinks the Iraq war is the most noble mission America has embarked on since WWII, once again saving the world, but don't get me started) and they eat up that propaganda pablum with a spoon, but it plays to them, doesn't it? Using 'Fox' and 'news' in the same sentence is an oxymoron.