Minimum size requirement in personal ads

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dongalong, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

What is your immediate reaction to personal ads where the person states a minimum penis size requirement?

If you are big enough, what picture would you have of the advertiser?

2. avg_joe

Gold Member

I am not interested in such kind of Ads.

3. Big Del

Gold Member

I think it is fine - if that is what people want then that is what people want

4. snoozan

Gold Member

I'm a woman, so I don't have a penis but...

if i saw a personal ad that said, "D-cup or better required," I'd cross it right off my list. I generally don't respond positively to ads who have a laundry list of specific requirements, physical or otherwise. I'm a person, not a custom-ordered car.

5. TragicWhiteKnight

Albums:
    London & Manchester, with lots of commuting betwee
    I'd probably be pretty impressed by the honesty (though I can't think of any newspapers I'd read that would print it!) - it's totally different expressing the preferences during a speed-date, for example. Anything that helps vet the potential crazies and sets standards is nothing but a good thing.

It's a lot more alarming to see people hope to meet their "soulmates" through unoriginal 100 character blurb.

6. redcell

redcell New Member

I agree with the above, but people shouldn't put too many parameters on things. Who likes to be controlled that way.

7. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd meet them show it to them and tell them if they didn't quite meet my hotness requirement
    (unless they were like super fine)

8. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

I think it's sad to imagine a person so jaded that they are unwilling to try something different. It's hard to believe that someone can only get off with an 8" or bigger dick.

9. dongalong

Gold Member

That's a good one!
    My immediate reaction would be "HMMMM, Bucket cunt maybe?"

I suppose the best thing to do is fuck her and afterwards say that she didn't meet your minimum tightness requirements! :tongue:

10. Principessa

Gold Member

The same as when a man posts an ad with specific breast and body requirements for a woman. I assume he's a shallow asshole and go on to the next ad. :smile:

I agree. Great minds think alike. :smile:

11. LoverOfDDDs

LoverOfDDDs Member

It's really no different than women not wanting to date men under a certain height, is it?

12. 3664shaken

3664shaken New Member

Is it wrong to advertise for a

non-smoker
    no drugs
    disease free
    social drinker,
    athletic build
    good dancer
    muscular
    hairy chest
    no tattoos
    piercing’s a plus
    single
    must love food
    etc
    etc
    etc

Do any of these requirements make you shallow?

The answer is self-evident so why should there be a double standard on size requirements.

13. espreggels

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You make a good point, but certain requirements just strike me -- and many other people, it seems -- as shallow. What if she had a $200,000 income requirement, for example? Sure, she's just being honest, but being honest is not the same as having class.

Granted, I've never actually seen a size requirement in an ad myself, but my knee-jerk reaction to the idea is something along the lines of "She'd better be smoking hot to be making demands like that."

14. Principessa

Gold Member

YUP!

15. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I do actively seek out big guys in personal ads, but I don't have a "minimum requirement" stated. I usually go by what he says in his ad instead.

I don't have the kind of looks or body to even be making demands like that, sadly... but it has always been a major fantasy of mine. Now I do have two different categories going on here. There's the fantasy, and then there is what I can be satisfied with. The fantasy is a very rare type of guy. What I can be satisfied with is much more common, although still prefer above average.

I do see the ads from guys with requirements for women, and since I never meet those requirements, I don't answer those ads - I don't need that kind of grief, when he sees me he knows I don't meet his requirements and SAYS so! :eek: That hasn't happened, but that is because I don't answer those ads!

16. ekybottom

ekybottom New Member

I don't see anything wrong with knowing what you want and asking for it. The person writing the ad needs to realize that this minimum requirement might result in fewer people responding to the ad including some that might fit the limitations. If all you really want is a hook up then there's nothing wrong with advertising for 8"+. If you're looking for a relationship, the problem with being too specific with minimum requirements is that you might scare off a really good guy who would be perfect in so many other ways. One might state their preference as prefering someone well hung rather than using a specific number.

17. B_sugarandspice

B_sugarandspice New Member

Maybe it's because they have tried a few different sizes and know what gets them off. That's like saying you can't believe some people can't get off from a guy who is too big and hurts them. Not all women want big dicks but I better quite a few around here do. I don't like when a guy tries to hold a ruler to his little dick and act like it's a certain measurement that I can clearly see it isn't cuz I've measured a few by now and learned all sorts of measuring techniques and tricks guys try to fake their way in. Hung guys get rejected just like guys with little peckers. At least if your successful you can still have a trophy to have as a sexual servant who will stroke your ego all day and night as long as your spending.
    I can't stand when someone resents my preferences but I don't see at that ask for stretch makes and tits that hang to the naval. No one is obligated to give someone a chance that they are not attracted to. Usually people who complain are overweight.If someone does not respect their own body enough to take care of it why should I give them access to mine?
    Something like baldness could be overlooked if other factors outweigh his hair loss because men can't do anything about that. No one is going around saying that hair loss is attractive. Women don't have much control over what pregnancy will do to their bodies either and that is something that can't be helped and mature people will overlook things like that.
    Don't act like a man's dick will get hard for any woman know matter what she looks like if she's "nice" .
    Men are so sensitive about a woman knowing what she wants and having the nerve to say it.
    Men should especially understand being specific because you pay for the date even if she isn't attracted to you and visa versa
    I will get hundreds and thousands of emails asking what I am looking for so I am very specific with getting the basic questions they all ask covered in the ad. That is called consideration and not wasting a lot of people's time or my own.
    Not being specific gives the impression that just anyone will do.
    I have had a lot of success from internet dating even though I have only had a computer for a few years and I have been dating from the net for two years. Being specific can also show how serious you are and that you do indeed know what you want.
    Good luck to everyone and happy hunting.

18. B_sugarandspice

B_sugarandspice New Member

Wouldn't that just lead to rejection later? What makes up for not being satisfied sexually?
    Not using a minimum could lead to hurt feeling later when they like you but not so much the other way.
    It let's the person know that you mean what you are saying.
    So many people will assume that if you just knew them you would change your mind. A minimum is for someone who has already tried the rest and wants to stick with what they really want.
    Saying that they want a certain height doesn't mean they don't like shorter men. It could be that they are tired of towering over their dates in heels and looking mismatched in pictures and are just more attracted to taller men . Why not go after what you truly want .
    Many men are threatened by confident women.
    Many women are afraid to ask for what they really want and some don't even know how to allow themselves to feel worthy.

19. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I didn't realize until reading this that I'm not all that shallow. I do believe a person can be judged somewhat on what they want. What they focus on. So while I would respect the honesty, and I would probably meet the size requirements of most people, the fact that they are so focused on that disqualifies me from even being attracted to them. It's a real turn off...

20. DeepCurve

DeepCurve Member

Albums:
    In response to the OP, that would depend on the context of the ad, and what the poster and the respondent expected. As someone said above, if it's all about a mere hookup, then certainly the more explicit the ad is about cock size, breast size, body type, height, weight, whatever, the better. Ads like that are tantamount to saying: "I fantasize about X. Anyone meeting this description please contact me." If you read the ad, and you meet the X characteristics, and decide to respond on that basis, well, you are getting, at best, a mutual fantasy fling with somebody who appreciates you for having X.

It would, of course, be absurd to try to select a permanent mate on such a limited basis. But if what you seek is a relationship and not just mutual fantasy fulfillment, then it makes sense to do as njqt466 does and disregard ads which focus too much on physical characteristics.

One of the funniest personal ads I ever saw was about ten years ago in a local bi-weekly cultural review mag. It said something like: "Moody bitch seeks kind, compassionate man for love/hate relationship." Even though I've been described as a kind, compassionate man -- thus giving me X -- I chose not to respond. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted