Minnesota to put Gay Marriage ban on 2012 ballot

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gay Marriage bans? Really?! It's 2004 all over again.
Union Busting backfired and rallied their opposition instead of oppressed them. The long form birth certificate is out so birtherism is dead. Speaking of which, Bin Laden is dead so they can't use that political tactic. So now we've gone full circle and come back to "teh gayz".

Just more divisive hatred by some of the slimier members of the GOP to get their base "energized". It's so pathetic.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Union busting is just getting started VB.

Wait till more towns go belly up trying to pay retired town workers for DECADES after they put in their time.

Some people do not believe in gay marriage. WHy do you call them names? If you can call them names, they can call you names.

Oh I know...let's dispense with the name calling and just vote on it.

Oh - they did..... Your side lost. Awwww poor baby.

OK go call some names if that makes you feel better.

Personally - let em marry - why should the gays be happy!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Union busting is just getting started VB. Wait till more towns go belly up trying to pay retired town workers for DECADES after they put in their time.

It's all a political tactic under the phony guise of "fiscal responsibility". Unions are the biggest sources of campaign funding for Democratic candidates. In states such as Wisconsin before Scott Walker was elected, there was no actual fiscal problem on a grand scale. That only emerged when Walker decided to give their tax cuts to their wealthy benefactors as well as maintain funding for the three Unions that actually supported his election campaign. It's all shady politics, plain and simple. Same thing with the gay marriage ban. With all of the real topics we can be focusing on, such as the economy, there's no real need to bring this up... again!

Some people do not believe in gay marriage. WHy do you call them names? If you can call them names, they can call you names.

WTF?! I didn't call a single person a name in this thread. Stay on topic!

Oh I know...let's dispense with the name calling and just vote on it.
Oh - they did..... Your side lost. Awwww poor baby. go call some names if that makes you feel better.

I don't think I have to in this case. The sheer ignorance that emits from your own ASCII doesn't require me to label it because most rational people realize just how disgusting it really is. :rolleyes:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"teh gayz" - "pathetic"

You were insulting the other side.

You were doing what has been done to gay people forever and hate begets hate my friend.

Be better than that. I bet it is in you. Dig deep.

There is no ignorance in my typing. Heck, I believe in gay rights. I just don;t voice the opinion the way you want me to so therefore I'm evil, stupid, etc to you.

It's really silly how you do the same things that you said was wrong for others to do,

You NEED to see the hypocrisy of your own actions and words.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You don't vote on people human rights. (At least not in a civilized country) I'm sure there are lots of people would still vote to ban inter-race marriages but you wouldn't put that to a vote would you? The USA likes to pretend it's a great free country for all but that is simply not the case. I'm not saying Canada is perfect but our charter of rights looks at issues reguardless of peoples political, religious opinions. Fairness and rights should not be decided on by a vote.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"teh gayz" - "pathetic"

I'm gay, Becky. Did you forget that? :rolleyes:

Really? A "leet speak" spelling of a term that even gay people have used on the internet for more than a decade as a joke is now an insult? In what world did you come from to dream up this insanely distorted complaint? I have been using that term since the days of IRC chat and not a single person I know has ever been kicked off or banned from a message board for saying it. So shut up with the phony-ass drama. I didn't insult a single person and you know that. Or do you?

You were doing what has been done to gay people forever and hate begets hate my friend.

I need to remind you once again, Mary, that I am a gay man. So what am I supposedly doing to gay people here by typing "teh gayz"?

The day I take self help advice from you is the day Snooki becomes British Royalty.

There is no ignorance in my typing.

An ignorant person wouldn't know that there was. Don't worry, I forgive you. :rolleyes:

Heck, I believe in gay rights. I just don;t voice the opinion the way you want me to so therefore I'm evil, stupid, etc to you.

You can stop with this pathetic & disingenuous victim routine now. I didn't call a single person a name in this thread, nor did I beckon you to respond to what I typed. You felt it necessary to respond to what I said, and that's fine. But right now you're ignoring the actual political angle of this discussion and are trying to make it personal over the most inane bullshit I have ever seen.

It's really silly how you do the same things that you said was wrong for others to do

You need to stop trying to equate yourself to me because you could never do what I do around here. That would mean you would pay attention to the context of your statements and not visualize & judge others through a deeply, embedded source of bigotry that you're not even smart enough to be aware of when you type your own responses.

YOU need to see a therapist.
Now are we talking politics or is my use of "teh gayz" so mentally damaging to your soul that you can't continue? Seriously, who the fuck you think you're fooling with this bullshit? :rolleyes:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It isn't something that should NEED to be voted upon...it should be a right

.....damn...Nova you beat me to it

So then how does it change?

It's been one way for a long time. We vote in America. That IS how we change things. Why is this hard to understand?

Not every vote will be won. In 10 years the vote wont even be close or probably even be needed by then. In the meantime, things are changing.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The vast majority of arguments against gay marriage are "religious." Guess what folks, we live in a secular democracy. That's the way it is, and that's the way it should be. Otherwise we have no leg to stand on when we call the theocracy in Iran oppressive.

Furthermore, the codification of moral standards into law actually degrades the power of the church. If people can go to the government for moral absolution, what use will they have for their pastor? If your church believes that homosexuality is immoral, it's in your best interests to try to keep anti-gay anything out of the law. Keep that stuff in your church bylaws, where it belongs. That will keep your flock coming back to you.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
"teh gayz" - "pathetic"

There is no ignorance in my typing. Heck, I believe in gay rights. I just don;t voice the opinion the way you want me to so therefore I'm evil, stupid, etc to you.

It's really silly how you do the same things that you said was wrong for others to do,

VB's reference to "teh gayz" is obviously facetious. As if the spelling doesn't make it obvious, he even put it in quotes so there can be no doubt. You are either being blatantly disingenous (typical) with your phony outrage just to take a swipe at him, or you are a complete blithering idiot. Take your pick.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
This:
You don't vote on people human rights. (At least not in a civilized country) I'm sure there are lots of people would still vote to ban inter-race marriages but you wouldn't put that to a vote would you?.... Fairness and rights should not be decided on by a vote.
I would put it this way: Civil rights should never be subject to majority rule.

So then how does it change?
It changes in the courts, which are empowered to uphold the constitutional rights of all Americans, most particularly and by design to protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority.

It's been one way for a long time. We vote in America. That IS how we change things. Why is this hard to understand?
It's you who doesn't understand. For starters, you don't even understand the basics about the structure and functions of our government, do you? You can start your studies with this simple lesson on the separation of powers in the three coequal branches of government; the executive, the legislative, and the judiciary:

Not every vote will be won. In 10 years the vote wont even be close or probably even be needed by then. In the meantime, things are changing.
"Things are changing", only because of the blood, sweat, and tears of incalcuable numbers of activists over many decades to guarantee equal civil rights for minorities. Without hundreds of legal challenges, and subsequent decisions of the judiciary to uphold these rights and require them to be enforced by law, society as a whole would not be anywhere near as 'enlightened' as it is on civil rights, and minorities would continue to be marginalized and discriminated against. Do you think attitudes change by accident? You are incredibly naive.

If minorities passively wait for enlighenment to come to the majority, they will wait forever, while generations continue to live and die as second class citizens. "Justice delayed is justice denied". After you've completed your studies on the structure and function of our government, your next assignment is to study a bit of history:

Last edited:

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i never understood the gay marriage issue

two concenting adults want to get married .. why the fuck not?

i don't see how this could be trouble for anyone else other than the two people in the marriage

people are so dumb

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really don't understand how Republicans align their thoughts. On one hand they are opposed to the government meddling in the contracts people have with each other, but when it comes to gay folks signing a marriage contract they completely reverse course. I think it is due to their insane belief that gay folks can not be granted equal rights because they are not equal. We live in an insane and dangerous world.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I really don't understand how Republicans align their thoughts. On one hand they are opposed to the government meddling in the contracts people have with each other, but when it comes to gay folks signing a marriage contract they completely reverse course. I think it is due to their insane belief that gay folks can not be granted equal rights because they are not equal. We live in an insane and dangerous world.
I think it's simpler than that.

They only object to big bad government when it serves people outside their own narrow greedy interests.