Misogyny unchallenged on LPSG?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I think sexism is just more ignored now because the masculinization of women has become obvious. That's no excuse not to combat it when you see it. Also, other types of discrimination have taken precedence.

We're doing all we can in the West to turn women into men. I'm not against women acting like men if it's natural, but I think we're purposely teaching young girls to behave more like boys. That's quite unfortunate.

Telling young girls they can kick a ball like a boy is not empowering them.

Today, women don't take the heat the boys do for engaging in opposite-gender jobs/activities.

In Japan and Eastern Europe, women are much more feminine compared to North American women.

Femininity is an entirely relative term though. Feminism isn't about telling women they can do what men do, or behave like men (again whatever that may mean considering how relative the term Masculinity is) it's about women realising that they can do anything they want to do regardless of their sex.

It's worth remembering that in the areas of the world you're talking about female emancipation has had less impact and ancient sex roles and biases still have strong currency.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Femininity is an entirely relative term though. Feminism isn't about telling women they can do what men do, or behave like men (again whatever that may mean considering how relative the term Masculinity is) it's about women realising that they can do anything they want to do regardless of their sex.

It's worth remembering that in the areas of the world you're talking about female emancipation has had less impact and ancient sex roles and biases still have strong currency.

I think most of the world understands femininity and masculinity similarly. Sure, what is acceptable for both genders can change depending on culture, but I don't believe they are that relative. A very feminine woman in Japan won't be that different from a very feminine woman in Russia, India or Iran.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think most of the world understands femininity and masculinity similarly. Sure, what is acceptable for both genders can change depending on culture, but I don't believe they are that relative. A very feminine woman in Japan won't be that different from a very feminine woman in Russia, India or Iran.

I think we are all very different though. But, in what ways do you mean?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

The common perception of femininity as a cultural or social norm has changed radically in those countries and even within those countries there would be wildly varying definitions.

Russia, contains a cornucopia of ethnic groups, sex norms among these ethnic groups would vary far more considerably than perhaps you are aware.

Both India and Iran have been through radical cultural, social, and economic changes in the course of the 20th century leading to a variety of changes in life way, with concurrent radical changes in the traditional cultural roles of the sexes, even within both of these countries one would find extremely differing definitions of femininity. What a youthful urban well educated man or woman in Isfahan or Mumbay would consider very feminine and what an elderly rural inhabitant of Rajasthan or Kerman would think of as feminine would likely be thoroughly different.

Both India and Iran have a wide variety of ethnic groups and religious communities, among these groups ideas about sex roles can differ somewhat more than I think you may realise.

Japan is another case in point, the social changes which have effected Japan in the last century or two have caused there to be both socio-economic and generational differences in cultural norms, and this has had no less an effect in Japan on traditional ideas of femininity and masculinity.

It's true to say that the feminism of the developed world has had less cultural penetration in these countries, it's wrong to think that they haven't gone through their own processes of cultural change influenced by their own social and political and economic changes, or that they have not been influenced by developed world ideas at all.

In Japan and Russia's case this is even more the case since both are developed world countries and in Russia communism had a profound effect on cultural concepts of sex.

I hate to say this, but what you've posted is deeply deeply sexist. I'm not trying to insult you and I'm not saying it hot temperedly. I'm just asking you look more closely at some of what you take for granted and look for the subtleties rather than the generalisations, the bold neon letters, which can often hide the truth, the small print.

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
The common perception of femininity as a cultural or social norm has changed radically in those countries and even within those countries there would be wildly varying definitions.

Russia, contains a cornucopia of ethnic groups, sex norms among these ethnic groups would vary far more considerably than perhaps you are aware.

Both India and Iran have been through radical cultural, social, and economic changes in the course of the 20th century leading to a variety of changes in life way, with concurrent radical changes in the traditional cultural roles of the sexes, even within both of these countries one would find extremely differing definitions of femininity. What a youthful urban well educated man or woman in Isfahan or Mumbay would consider very feminine and what an elderly rural inhabitant of Rajasthan or Kerman would think of as feminine would likely be thoroughly different.

Both India and Iran have a wide variety of ethnic groups and religious communities, among these groups ideas about sex roles can differ somewhat more than I think you may realise.

Japan is another case in point, the social changes which have effected Japan in the last century or two have caused there to be both socio-economic and generational differences in cultural norms, and this has had no less an effect in Japan on traditional ideas of femininity and masculinity.

It's true to say that the feminism of the developed world has had less cultural penetration in these countries, it's wrong to think that they haven't gone through their own processes of cultural change influenced by their own social and political and economic changes, or that they have not been influenced by developed world ideas at all.

In Japan and Russia's case this is even more the case since both are developed world countries and in Russia communism had a profound effect on cultural concepts of sex.

I hate to say this, but what you've posted is deeply deeply sexist. I'm not trying to insult you and I'm not saying it hot temperedly. I'm just asking you look more closely at some of what you take for granted and look for the subtleties rather than the generalisations, the bold neon letters, which can often hide the truth, the small print.

I think you're misreading me. Women have become very masculinized in the West. That doesn't make women ultimately happier.

I like very masculine and very feminine dynamic in sexual situations.

I'm not sexist, hilaire. I love women to death and put them way above men. In fact, I've defended women like no other.

I enjoy women who are most feminine and chic. I don't like women who act like boys. But if she does, I won't be sleeping with her.

I think it's silly for a society to attempt to masculinize girls in the name of empowerment. How does acting like a boy make you more equal?

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have to admit that I haven't been on this site too much due to the negativity toward women. I do know a few people on here who have told me that there used to be a more feminist slant to this site but that many of those type women moved on because they were being persecuted...or something like that. Maybe some long time members can let me know if it is true or not.

Personally I've received quite a few ims from guys who want to be friends...but also some pretty gross and objectifying comments as well...the strangest ones from guys who might read something I wrote and say something like..."you're hot and intelligent". I suppose I expect it on a site dedicated to big penises. I usually just come on occasionally to get messages from my friends here, check out the forums quickly...mostly the relationship stuff. I've noticed that the women's issues area seems to be mostly guys asking girls inane questions so I don't usually go there unless it's a topic like this one.

My primary interest in this site is looking at all the penises. They fascinate me not because they are about male prowess or sexuality but mostly because I find some of them really beautiful, so diverse and interesting to look at. I'm a photographer so I see them as an object worthy of study and inquiry. And bigger penises have their own special qualities as well. I mean, how many penis sites are there on the internet anyway?

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that Western society has made it necessary that women take on more masculine roles. I am still a woman. It doesn't matter if I can change a tire, shoot a gun or work as a contractor. Regardless of what my job is I still have the body of a woman. Traditional gender roles of the woman raising children, cooking and cleaning house all day have changed. More men do this now and more women are taking on empowered jobs and social positions.
Women in the US are still women

NEWREBA: I find this funny "I'm a photographer so I see them as an object worthy of study and inquiry. I mean, how many penis sites are there on the internet anyway?" Because I paint and draw and I feel the same way about the photos!

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I think you're misreading me. Women have become very masculinized in the West. That doesn't make women ultimately happier.

I like very masculine and very feminine dynamic in sexual situations.

I'm not sexist, hilaire. I love women to death and put them way above men. In fact, I've defended women like no other.

I enjoy women who are most feminine and chic. I don't like women who act like boys. But if she does, I won't be sleeping with her.

I think it's silly for a society to attempt to masculinize girls in the name of empowerment. How does acting like a boy make you more equal?

I'm not saying you're a misogynist (someone who knowingly or unknowingly hates or is anti- women) I'm saying you're sexist meaning you think men and women have specific roles and attributes.

I think the problem is that you don't realise the actual meaning of what you're saying not that I'm misreading you.

You like women to conform to an archetype of femininity you are familiar with and which you find attractive, that in and of itself is sexist, it doesn't mean you hate women just that you don't think they should be free to be whoever they want to be or that you don't find women attractive if they've decided to live in a way which you don't recognise as feminine. In your view there is a society which is masculinising women (how and which society is doing this?), you think this is a bad thing, this is sexist too, it's not that you hate women, it's just that in your eyes women should be as you think women should be and men should be as you think men should be. So it's wrong of people to be encouraged to be whoever they want to be regardless of their sex?

Define what you think is femininity and masculinity for the sake of discussion.

Last edited:

bid6555

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you guys have gone off on a wild goose chase. What you have here is internet posters who aren't mature seeking attention. I suspect half of the assholes on this board or any other board are different in real life. The rest are just assholes. That's life.

What I find funny is I have seen many posts asking are guys with big dicks assholes? It seems from the posts I have read the guys with little dicks are the assholes, me excluded of course.

WR

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I think you guys have gone off on a wild goose chase. What you have here is internet posters who aren't mature seeking attention. I suspect half of the assholes on this board or any other board are different in real life. The rest are just assholes. That's life.

What I find funny is I have seen many posts asking are guys with big dicks assholes? It seems from the posts I have read the guys with little dicks are the assholes, me excluded of course.

WR

So hold on, you thought that a thread (in the Women's Issues subforum) asking women members about whether or not they thought they encountered some, a lot or no misogyny on LSPG needed you (a man) to post that it was a waste of time to even discuss this issue, and you thought it was more important to try to decide if guys with big dicks or little dicks were arsholes?

Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I have frequently been shocked at the venom some gay men here have spat at the women... in fact, not just the women at LPSG, but women in general.

Never been shocked by the venom straight men spit at women too? :confused:

Though I agree with you it's somewhat more shocking when gay men do it because it's counter-intuituve in some ways and less expected.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I have to admit that I haven't been on this site too much due to the negativity toward women. I do know a few people on here who have told me that there used to be a more feminist slant to this site but that many of those type women moved on because they were being persecuted...or something like that. Maybe some long time members can let me know if it is true or not.

Personally I've received quite a few ims from guys who want to be friends...but also some pretty gross and objectifying comments as well...the strangest ones from guys who might read something I wrote and say something like..."you're hot and intelligent". I suppose I expect it on a site dedicated to big penises. I usually just come on occasionally to get messages from my friends here, check out the forums quickly...mostly the relationship stuff. I've noticed that the women's issues area seems to be mostly guys asking girls inane questions so I don't usually go there unless it's a topic like this one.

Do you think then that a minority of male members or perhaps even a majority, have made it difficult for some female members to contribute more to the site?

I think that Western society has made it necessary that women take on more masculine roles. I am still a woman. It doesn't matter if I can change a tire, shoot a gun or work as a contractor. Regardless of what my job is I still have the body of a woman. Traditional gender roles of the woman raising children, cooking and cleaning house all day have changed. More men do this now and more women are taking on empowered jobs and social positions.
Women in the US are still women!

Honey I can't change a god damned tire :biggrin1: ( I can shoot a gun, but I always thought that was a pretty non-gendered activity really, and I have worked briefly in construction, for like two days), and I don't feel any more feminine or masculine than you. I feel as though I'm physically a man and you're physically a woman but apart from that I don't see the need to assign roles and activities to either of us to prove this fact. :wink:

bid6555

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a free discussion no problem there. My points are a lot of the dickheaded comments made towards women on here are due to the fact it is an internet forum, not because most of these guys hate women. I suspect many would behave differently in a face to face conversation.

There is a lot of immaturity and attention seekers that work for attention by making stupid or hurtful comments again behind the veil of the computer screen. I don't deny that the issue is real I just think the reasoning is different.

WR

So hold on, you thought that a thread (in the Women's Issues subforum) asking women members about whether or not they thought they encountered some, a lot or no misogyny on LSPG needed you (a man) to post that it was a waste of time to even discuss this issue, and you thought it was more important to try to decide if guys with big dicks or little dicks were arsholes?

Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
It's a free discussion no problem there. My points are a lot of the dickheaded comments made towards women on here are due to the fact it is an internet forum, not because most of these guys hate women. I suspect many would behave differently in a face to face conversation.

There is a lot of immaturity and attention seekers that work for attention by making stupid or hurtful comments again behind the veil of the computer screen. I don't deny that the issue is real I just think the reasoning is different.

WR

So why if these men don't have some kind of problem with women do they choose to behave like arseholes towards women once they have the camouflage of internet anonymity? I mean are you saying that none of these men are misogynists? If so then why do they tend to pick on women members? I mean the OP isn't about people who are just generally unpleasant to other people (male or female) for the hell of it, it's about people (guys commonly) who are particularly or exclusively unpleasant to women.

bid6555

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go to any internet forum sports is a good example and take a look at the comments. You will see things like you suck you are stupid, your mother sucks, yada yada yada. It's the internet for god sakes. That's how some people are. They are professional shit disturbers. They troll they try and get a response.

You would think a quiet game like chess would be civil, but not on the internet. Bike racing you should see the comments made about that. I don't know why people act like dicks on the internet they just do. Maybe their life sucks, and on the internet they can lash out. I really don't care why. I was just making a comment with my opinion. My opinion could be wrong.

Something else to consider is it is hard to read the tone of someone's comments. I saw one posts where a 17" dick was claimed as verified by the picture. The OP was clearly being absurd and calling attention to all of the bogus pictures on this site. The thread went on for pages because most failed to catch his jest.

WR

bid6555

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not sure I agree with your assertion that women on this forum are singled out for hateful post. I think if you look for "snarky" comments then there are more directed towards men, but they don't get the same attention.

Don't get me wrong I think we should treat the women here with a higher degree of care because there are so few. I also suspect that a higher percentage of women have been targeted vs men, but mainly because there are so many guys, and so few women. Most active female posters have probably been hit by this.

Do some men on here hate women probably. There are probably some that hate puppies, apple pie and chevrolets. Like I said the asshole/woman hater ratio is likely less than it appears.

WR

So why if these men don't have some kind of problem with women do they choose to behave like arseholes towards women once they have the camouflage of internet anonymity? I mean are you saying that none of these men are misogynists? If so then why do they tend to pick on women members? I mean the OP isn't about people who are just generally unpleasant to other people (male or female) for the hell of it, it's about people (guys commonly) who are particularly or exclusively unpleasant to women.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I am not sure I agree with your assertion that women on this forum are singled out for hateful post. I think if you look for "snarky" comments then there are more directed towards men, but they don't get the same attention.

Don't get me wrong I think we should treat the women here with a higher degree of care because there are so few. I also suspect that a higher percentage of women have been targeted vs men, but mainly because there are so many guys, and so few women. Most active female posters have probably been hit by this.

Do some men on here hate women probably. There are probably some that hate puppies, apple pie and chevrolets. Like I said the asshole/woman hater ratio is likely less than it appears.

WR

OK good well at least you finally got what the question was. And lets be clear I'm not strictly speaking asserting anything, the purpose of the thread is to find out if, primarily the female members, feel like they do or do not encounter a lot of misogyny on LPSG.

Your opinion on this issue has been duly noted. Thanks for posting.

bid6555

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I made my point I just don't think you got it. Here is an example. I am making up this post, but there have been many similar:

OP: I just posted pics of my 10" x 8" cock check it out.

Female responds: It is nice, but doesn't look to be 10" x 8".

OP: You bitch you cunt F You

Now did OP make those comments because he hates women? Or is the OP an immature little shit that doesn't know shit about shit? I vote the latter. That's my point.

WR

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Misogyny is rife because we live in a patriarchal society. This site has really opened my eyes to how much women are hated.

Try challenging a mans right to pornography. You'll hear the words: "ugly", "fat", "cunt", "slut", with a side of threatening to rape.

Under NO circumstances should the objectification of women in porn be questioned. A mans right to wank himself into oblivion while watching women being slapped, gagged, gang banged and used as cum receptacles is verboten.