Miss England 2008?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sixteen year-old Chloe Marshall recently was crowned Miss Surrey and will advance to compete in the 2008 Miss England pageant.

Unremarkable, except that Miss Marshall is a tall, curvy gal...a size 16, standing 5'10" with a 38DD bustline.

Is the pendulum finally swinging away from public impressions of bordeline anorexia as a healthy body image? Or is this an equally dangerous glorification of unhealthy obesity?

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/chloe-marshall-sweet-16-and-size-16.jpg

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/chloe-marshall-7.jpg

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Brits are big-tit crazy, to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if they throw all modeling norms out the window (post Kate Moss era). Which is a good thing, given the stick-thin figures that have always been de rigueur (I nearly puked in my mouth trying to say "de rigueur" out loud). Not that everyone doesn't love big breasts anyway.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I wouldn't say she is obese, just curvy...

Hopefully teens will see this person and realise that skinny does not always equal beauty.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a size 16 in england is equivalent to a size 12 in the US, and at 5'10" there's a good chance she's at a healthy weight. if you use the hotly debated BMI method, as long as she's under 173 pounds, she could be very healthy. the most important thing, health wise, is that she exercises, eats well, etc. she's not obese by any standard, maybe not even overweight.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a size 16 in england is equivalent to a size 12 in the US, and at 5'10" there's a good chance she's at a healthy weight. if you use the hotly debated BMI method, as long as she's under 173 pounds, she could be very healthy. the most important thing, health wise, is that she exercises, eats well, etc. she's not obese by any standard, maybe not even overweight.

Her stated weight is 174 pounds. Healthy weight range for her height is 139-173 pounds, she is clearly pushing the upper limit of that range. According to this calculator she is in just into the overweight range.
But, anything that moves the 'desirable' away from the borderline skeletal is OK with me.

Numbers notwithstanding, curvy is one thing and while she's not obese, to my eye, she looks overweight.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always feel I'm bias about weight issues given I'm particularly thin, but to be perfectly honest...

I think she looks like an ugly cow.

While we're on the subject of judging peoples' bodies really harshly, you're way too skinny, your upper body is improperly developed, and you're proportioned completely wrong. You need to start drinking protein shakes and doing some push-ups, lat pulls, etc. to develop your shoulders, back, and arms. Get in the gym. A six pack is not impressive when the rest of your body looks like a cancer patient.

How does that feel?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I always feel I'm bias about weight issues given I'm particularly thin, but to be perfectly honest...

I think she looks like an ugly cow.
I'm bias too.. but ugly cow isn't what I'd say at all, but I hope they aren't setting her up for failure. She doesn't look like she is over weight to any extent, just not stick thin.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

D_Lachtmadder Longhorne

Account Disabled
Media
She's pretty enough, but either she's wearing ill fitting jeans that make her look like she has edema or she is quite heavy through her leg region. I read some years ago that the average breast size in the U.K. was a 36B something under the header of 'Are breasts becoming larger in British Women'. She'd be a decent plus sized model, not a fashion model on a runway.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
another thing-- if you saw her in real life, she'd look thinner. cameras in general can really make people look heavier unless you're specifically shooting to make someone look thinner and they know how to hold their body to look smaller.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's hardly a fair statement by any standard.

I think she's a bit thick through the hips and heavy in the legs, but the girl is absolutely, stunningly
gorgeous.

I agree, it was completely unfair.

I don't think she's gorgeous. Pretty, certainly but I wouldn't go so far as gorgeous. As TK said; looks are a personal preference and she isn't mine ...:biggrin1:

I too hope it's not a PR 'stunt', if so it will surely backfire badly.

Now I think that is what a real woman should look like (no offense intended to anyone else, every woman is different and beautiful in their own way).