"Miss Sarah" and Repugs want to handpick interviewer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria, Sep 9, 2008.

1. D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

I hate when politicians do this.
    I think all politicians should be ambushed with questions they don't know are coming so you can see how they squirm in their seat,their eyeballs shift, and sweat drips from their foreheads as they try to desprately to think on their feet.
    Isn't that what a US president is expected to do as they have to make quick and decisive desicions in the case of an attack?
    You know.. that ("Phone call at 3 in morning"?)
    And also..fuck picking out you "best buddy" interviewer that won't give these dishonest pricks a hard time.
    It's all bullshit.
    Give them NO WARNING
    Fuck the puffball questions and rehearsed answers.
    Catch these assholes offguard completely.
    I say...RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

No questions, please; Palin sticks to her script - Yahoo! News

#1 D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. sargon20

Gold Member

The article says it all 'But none of the candidates in this race has been so shielded from the media, so protected from any spontaneous situation, and Palin's unvarying remarks give the impression that she and her message are being tightly controlled. As before her convention speech, McCain's campaign is briefing Palin for her first TV interview.'

She was hired to placate the theocrats with a wink and a nod ('you know who I am') the religious nuts will know she's one of them. And they don't need to hear any interviews. Pro-life - check, abstinence only - check, plain talking (not too bright) - check. Of course her theocratic views must be kept secret from the moderates/independents that McCain needs. Rest assured the corporate media will grade her on a curve.

3. pym

pym New Member

Mike Wallace or Barbara Walters are my idea of journalists who can actually ask tough questions and not back down. Mike Wallace has interviewed every president since Eisenhower EXCEPT {notably} G.W.B......What bullshit time's were living through. Where are the Walter Chroncite's of this generation? We interrupt this broadcast:"Brittany Spears just farted".....priorities man.

4. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Nothing wrong with that...obamas Fox interview w/O'Reilly was his first with the network since he became a canidate.

5. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not with GWB. He sat on his rear and continued reading a child's book right in front of the TV cameras. He had to be reminded by his chief of staff that the US was under attack.

6. uniqueusername

Seriously, this i the most fucked up argument I've ever heard against him. What is he supposed to do, drop the book, start yelling at people to do things, and scar the children for life? Get a grip.

7. phonehome

phonehome Active Member

No but how about calmly telling the kids that "something had come up and he needed to go take care of it" rather than continue to sit there for another seven minutes doing NOTHING, like the words "the country is under attack" somehow just didn't register/translate into Bush english.

8. D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Just a guess but..Andrew Card could have been telling him, Sir..things are going exactly as planned so don't you worry your little pinhead about it.
    The vice president is hunkered down in a safe bombproof bunker and has everything under control, so you just sit here and stay out of the way.
    We don't want you to say anything stupid till we're ready.

#8 D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  9. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

You really need to stay off all those conspiracy theory websites!

10. phonehome

phonehome Active Member

I don't remember if it was from his book or some other source but Andrew card readily admits that the exact quote of what he said to GWB after they learned of the second plane hitting the WTC was "the country is under attack"

And he sat and did nothing for 7 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted