Miss_Valentine?

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I notice that Miss Valentine hasn't posted in about a month, but all of her gallery pictures are now gone. What's up with that?

It's interesting to point out the connection between the pictures (that were) here and elsewhere, but it seems entirely speculative as to whether she/he/it was a fake or a real model just trying to participate anonymously in an online community. If they were a real minor celebrity seeking a chance to be known for their participation, and not their public image - the exact opposite of a fake - then it would be sad if they have been run off.

FF

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Great blog entry! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, isn't it time for someone annoying as fuck to pop up and say "it's the internet, everyone lies. Get over it" or "I don't know why you people care so much about whether members post real pics. What's your problem?"

DarkPhantom

Experimental Member
Media
I noticed Miss_K on last night. I typically saw her and Miss_Valentine logged on simultaneously. My guess is this poster, logged on as Miss_K, read the thread, then came back later as Miss_V and removed the gallery pics which were up until the other night.

Saying we got 3 to the price of 1 or something like that ? :wink:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha what sad acts. I just think its really funny, and sad for the people posting fake pics. They might live the fantasy online but in reality they have to look down and see their small/average cock or small/average boobs or non-model face in the mirror.

I don't understand it but its good that they were outed. Maybe now they can get professional help/surgery to help with their problems :tongue:

I'm also curious who this 'girl' that everyone supposedly loves is. And would like Kotchanski to PM me with the answer. I know websites that have all the Red Dwarf episodes you can watch...for free...you know you want to hehe.

And lastly...ha ha. Either post pics if you want to...and if you don't...um, don't.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
On the basis of their Qruiser.com profiles...

I noticed Miss_K on last night. I typically saw her and Miss_Valentine logged on simultaneously...
I'm glad that I just mildly annoy you two, and hope I don't get to the point of pissing you off, where you set to researching me. :tongue:

While it may seem like one that's back-handed, it's actually a real compliment. Nice work boys. :smile:

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
aha, I'm seeing a pattern of moronic behaviour if we're to go along with your theory.
Yeah, in the end. But the account was opened over a year ago, so whatever they were up to worked for quite a while, didn't it?

I could see that it might have been a couple of model roommates and some guy they knew, playing around online. From what I read about a lot of even bigger celebrities these days, they like to be on websites like everyone else, and many are not very savvy about how they use the internet.

I think it's probably more likely than not that they were fakes of some sort, but I don't see any way to tell for sure.

FF

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That represents a lot of disappointing experience. Not to knock anybody here, but...maybe the online world attracts all the fakers, and the side of people that wants a place to act fake.

I've been online for over 20 years, and haven't treated it as a serious place to meet people (again, not to knock this place or anybody here, or to say there haven't been a few exceptions) for about the last 18 years.....

FF

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That represents a lot of disappointing experience. Not to knock anybody here, but...maybe the online world attracts all the fakers, and the side of people that wants a place to act fake.

I've been online for over 20 years, and haven't treated it as a serious place to meet people (again, not to knock this place or anybody here, or to say there haven't been a few exceptions) for about the last 18 years.....

FF

I started dating/meeting people (in general) online only three years ago and it was a serious adjustment for me. Things I always took for granted when talking with others in person - inflection of voice, gestures, expressions - you don't have when emailing or IMing someone. Even if they have a cam, it's stil fairly two-dimensional IMO. All you have to rely on for truth is what others tell you. Most of my online experiences have been positive and that's because I learned to question others if what they wrote conflicted with later statements or pics. When I first joined LPSG, I created a thread about someone I met online who lied about his age. Probably not a huge sin in the grand scheme of things, but I was really irritated that he obviously thought I wouldn't eventually find out his true age. I've also had dates with guys who sent me pics that were 10 years old, told me they were single when they weren't, et al.

Initially I wondered why people would go to great lengths to reinvent themselves. Seems like so much wasted effort. I suppose it depends on what you hope to achieve. Personally, I don't want to put that much time and energy into creating a facade and, from what i've observed, my rewards are much greater. I've met some wonderful peeps online, including several here at LPSG, and my life is richer for establishing those friendships. The internet is a tool, period. It's difficult to know what others' MO is while sitting behind the monitor, but as long as one uses common sense, the risks aren't any greater than meeting others in public.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice blogging NIN, I've also pondered about why someone would lie about themselves on the net - any good response to their assumed persona must only underline the feeling of inadequacy that prompted them to assume it in the first place, and try as I might I still don't understand the motivations behind it.

People will say it's the net it doesn't matter - we all know it's the net and people lie, that doesn't stop us from hoping that the people we talk to are honest. When someone's found out to be a faker there are always people who jump to their defence and will say 'although they faked they were still good hearted,' or 'they must have had their reasons,' 'I still think of them as a friend.' No they're not good hearted, there are no real reasons for online fakery and no they're not your friend - you never actually knew them you only knew some made up personality therefore they can't be your friend and someone who's a friend won't manipulatively lie to you.

I've seen lots of people hurt who made online friendships to find that everything they were told was a lie and I for one am glad when the likes of Miss Valentine is outed. Let's hope she learns a lesson that in the end truth will always come out, she's based her whole time here on a lie but human nature being what it is she can't have helped feeling an attachment to the people she chatted to, people she'd still be able to talk to if she hadn't been such a huge liar.

I'd also be interested in hearing who the 'woman' Kotchanski refers to is, my experience on here is that it's a site where women aren't quite as popular as they are on most sex sites so I haven't noticed any guys obsessing over anyone in particular.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So we want the NSA to back off but demand full disclosure on the web.​

Seems kinda weird.​

No one's asking for full disclosure - well, at least i'm not. Choose to reveal what you wish. I prefer the truth when others make that choice. Weird, huh?

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Nice blogging NIN, I've also pondered about why someone would lie about themselves on the net
What really mystifies me is why people, as NIN was writing about, would lie blatantly in situations where they could expect to meet eventually, and have their lies exposed. It occurs to me that in real life, some may people tend to exaggerate a bit in presenting themselves, and assume that if they're revealed that by then a bond is formed, and it will be overlooked; but online, people find it easy to take it too far as time goes on.

I can understand why people would want to play out a fabrication or fantasy of some sort online, but I don't think that it's right to do so except in a forum or setting where it is clearly understood that people are not representing their real lives. And at least it is comprehensible that they would do so, where they don't have any risk of being revealed in real life eventually.

FF

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh I know exactly who you mean now :) I also take exception to her not because of her tits and blatant attention seeking but because she's pimping her own site out on a site where I feel posters should be amateurs, if people want to advertise let them pay for it like any other business does.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's interesting about fraud in the LPSG setting, is the lack of reward associated with 'successfully' pulling the wool over peoples eyes. So you're a mid 50's out of shape man that's masquerading as a 20something with big tits and a perfect ass and you get away with it for a few weeks. Did you go to bed at night with a warm feeling from all the compliments paid to your perfect, athletic curves and feminine features? Did having boatloads of attractive men propositioning your fictitious character boost your ego in any way, shape, or form?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to act out a fantasy and engage in a little roleplaying, provided your honest in your intentions and that everyone else is in on the game. It can be really hot to slip into someone elses skin for a few hours, but not if it's deceitful.

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
damn, now yer gonna tell me there's no santa claus!!!

another shot at actually thinking a real woman was participating, shot to hell

some quality detective work there nic

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
another shot at actually thinking a real woman was participating, shot to hell

Just do what I do and never think that it's a real woman (or whatever) on the other end.

Pessimistic? Cynical? Nah, just realistic, and with room to be pleasantly surprised.