Missile launch off LA coast

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DexterMorgan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DexterMorgan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is definitely a missile. It is not an airplane contrail. I used to live near Vandenburg AFB, and this looks very similar to a Minuteman III ICBM launch. If the Pentagon really doesn't know what it is, then they are truly incompetent, and we should all piss in our pants (at least in the US, anyway)...."Homeland Security" (Whatever that is...) also, tells us not to worry...because it was clearly aimed away from the California coast. (these are the same people who freak out, if you try to take a bottle of shampoo onto an airplane).

But, you see....they clearly do know...otherwise, the people who are supposed to be guarding our security would be "freaking out".....not, laid back and lackadaisical...

I guess they thought no one would notice, or care...

This is life in Amercica, these days...

YouTube - Missile Launched Off Calif. Coast

2. tachyon

tachyon New Member

Albums:
    haha, its a weather balloon... move along...

honestly, Vandenberg launch facility are the shadiest AFB. they are the premier facility to launch super secret satellites and unannounced missile test. If its the Minuteman III then it correlate the failed IBCMs at Warren AFB in Wyoming. Making sure the system are on the readiness state.

3. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Dex, of course it wouldn't have had a warhead on it, would it?

Probably a dumb question. If it did, maybe there would have been an explosion(?).

4. DexterMorgan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No...I'm not implying that it was a live ICBM at all. In fact, I believe it was related to a test by the MDA (Missile Defense Agency). This was in fact an ICBM interceptor. I believe this was designed to test an intercept of a missile from North Korea (potentially).

Also, the USAF has routinely, randomly tested ICBMs from Vandeburg (without live warheads). This is one way they try to assess (and ultimately guarantee) system readiness.

5. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Id have hoped the (without live warheads) but would go without saying!

6. NumberTwentySix

NumberTwentySix New Member

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

Space aliens, I tell ya. Space aliens!

8. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Get Jack Bauer onto it. ;)

9. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Its the way jet planes sometimes come shooting out of the sea and go straight up that causes the confusion.

10. DexterMorgan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    O.K...I'm not a conspiracy theorist in general....or anything like that. But, I would like to make three points:

#1) Suppose this was an atmospheric phenomena...shouldn't it occur with some limited degree of regularity....and if it has, shouldn't someone be able to document other examples, when they've occurred ?

#2) Supposedly, the source of this was an airplane (flight # ?). Shouldn't the FAA, NORAD, Homeland Security, etc be able to identify this exact aircraft....?

#3) O.K....I'm going out on a limb here. O.K., supposedly.... it was not a USAF or USN missile...so, they can rightly claim it's not there's. But, there are commercial companies that can launch large rockets from sea...and I'm going to bet it was an Israeli satellite with the specific mission of spying on Iran. The Israeli's generally launch their satellites in retrograde orbits (opposite of the earth's rotation), and this would have been consistent with their approach. The launch would not have been observable in the Middle East...and they knew they could count on the Americans to come up with a cockamamie story,if need be...

Again...I don't buy into conspiracies, generally...but, there are lot of other military/ defense experts who also aren't buying the "official" story...

#10 DexterMorgan, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

One theory is it was a chinese missile ICBM test fired from near American coastal waters to warn America about Clinton's meddling in the South China Sea. China has some very sophisticated quiet subs now.

12. DexterMorgan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If that truly is the case, then they've more than made their point....again, we should be very worried...!

13. B_New End

B_New End New Member

the reason why his theory exists is because china has made its point before by popping up subs in the middle of American fleets.

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    #3 made sense the moment I read it. But whatever it was, we'll never really know, will we?

15. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I thought it was a bit of projectile flatulence from Oprah, but she was probably in Chicago at the time.

16. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The Israeli's generally launch their satellites in retrograde orbits (opposite of the earth's rotation), and this would have been consistent with their approach. [/QUOTE]Is this a 'drive' on the opposite side of the road thing, or are they just more nervous so they like to get another look more often?

You think the US would not lie if it really had launched this missile?

17. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    (1) From "Mysterious "missile" launch seen off Los Angeles coast a "problem of perspective" ":
    (2) Here is a piece with reference to earlier such "missile" sightings: "Jet contrails from some angles look like missile trails"

(3) From "Meteorologist debunks missile hoax over Southern California - Los Angeles Weather | Examiner.com":

Draft saved Draft deleted