Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is definitely a missile. It is not an airplane contrail. I used to live near Vandenburg AFB, and this looks very similar to a Minuteman III ICBM launch. If the Pentagon really doesn't know what it is, then they are truly incompetent, and we should all piss in our pants (at least in the US, anyway)...."Homeland Security" (Whatever that is...) also, tells us not to worry...because it was clearly aimed away from the California coast. (these are the same people who freak out, if you try to take a bottle of shampoo onto an airplane).

But, you see....they clearly do know...otherwise, the people who are supposed to be guarding our security would be "freaking out".....not, laid back and lackadaisical...

I guess they thought no one would notice, or care...

This is life in Amercica, these days...

YouTube - Missile Launched Off Calif. Coast

tachyon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
haha, its a weather balloon... move along...

honestly, Vandenberg launch facility are the shadiest AFB. they are the premier facility to launch super secret satellites and unannounced missile test. If its the Minuteman III then it correlate the failed IBCMs at Warren AFB in Wyoming. Making sure the system are on the readiness state.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dex, of course it wouldn't have had a warhead on it, would it?

Probably a dumb question. If it did, maybe there would have been an explosion(?).

This is definitely a missile. It is not an airplane contrail. I used to live near Vandenburg AFB, and this looks very similar to a Minuteman III ICBM launch. If the Pentagon really doesn't know what it is, then they are truly incompetent, and we should all piss in our pants (at least in the US, anyway)...."Homeland Security" (Whatever that is...) also, tells us not to worry...because it was clearly aimed away from the California coast. (these are the same people who freak out, if you try to take a bottle of shampoo onto an airplane).

But, you see....they clearly do know...otherwise, the people who are supposed to be guarding our security would be "freaking out".....not, laid back and lackadaisical...

I guess they thought no one would notice, or care...

This is life in Amercica, these days...

YouTube - Missile Launched Off Calif. Coast

DexterMorgan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No...I'm not implying that it was a live ICBM at all. In fact, I believe it was related to a test by the MDA (Missile Defense Agency). This was in fact an ICBM interceptor. I believe this was designed to test an intercept of a missile from North Korea (potentially).

Also, the USAF has routinely, randomly tested ICBMs from Vandeburg (without live warheads). This is one way they try to assess (and ultimately guarantee) system readiness.

DexterMorgan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
O.K...I'm not a conspiracy theorist in general....or anything like that. But, I would like to make three points:

#1) Suppose this was an atmospheric phenomena...shouldn't it occur with some limited degree of regularity....and if it has, shouldn't someone be able to document other examples, when they've occurred ?

#2) Supposedly, the source of this was an airplane (flight # ?). Shouldn't the FAA, NORAD, Homeland Security, etc be able to identify this exact aircraft....?

#3) O.K....I'm going out on a limb here. O.K., supposedly.... it was not a USAF or USN missile...so, they can rightly claim it's not there's. But, there are commercial companies that can launch large rockets from sea...and I'm going to bet it was an Israeli satellite with the specific mission of spying on Iran. The Israeli's generally launch their satellites in retrograde orbits (opposite of the earth's rotation), and this would have been consistent with their approach. The launch would not have been observable in the Middle East...and they knew they could count on the Americans to come up with a cockamamie story,if need be...

Again...I don't buy into conspiracies, generally...but, there are lot of other military/ defense experts who also aren't buying the "official" story...

Last edited:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One theory is it was a chinese missile ICBM test fired from near American coastal waters to warn America about Clinton's meddling in the South China Sea. China has some very sophisticated quiet subs now.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If that truly is the case, then they've more than made their point....again, we should be very worried...!

the reason why his theory exists is because china has made its point before by popping up subs in the middle of American fleets.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
O.K...I'm not a conspiracy theorist in general....or anything like that. But, I would like to make three points:

#1) Suppose this was an atmospheric phenomena...shouldn't it occur with some limited degree of regularity....and if it has, shouldn't someone be able to document other examples, when they've occurred ?

#2) Supposedly, the source of this was an airplane (flight # ?). Shouldn't the FAA, NORAD, Homeland Security, etc be able to identify this exact aircraft....?

#3) O.K....I'm going out on a limb here. O.K., supposedly.... it was not a USAF or USN missile...so, they can rightly claim it's not there's. But, there are commercial companies that can launch large rockets from sea...and I'm going to bet it was an Israeli satellite with the specific mission of spying on Iran. The Israeli's generally launch their satellites in retrograde orbits (opposite of the earth's rotation), and this would have been consistent with their approach. The launch would not have been observable in the Middle East...and they knew they could count on the Americans to come up with a cockamamie story,if need be...

Again...I don't buy into conspiracies, generally...but, there are lot of other military/ defense experts who also aren't buying the "official" story...

#3 made sense the moment I read it. But whatever it was, we'll never really know, will we?

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Israeli's generally launch their satellites in retrograde orbits (opposite of the earth's rotation), and this would have been consistent with their approach. [/QUOTE]Is this a 'drive' on the opposite side of the road thing, or are they just more nervous so they like to get another look more often?

The launch would not have been observable in the Middle East...and they knew they could count on the Americans to come up with a cockamamie story,if need be...
You think the US would not lie if it really had launched this missile?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(1) From "Mysterious "missile" launch seen off Los Angeles coast a "problem of perspective" ":
However, it seems perspective played a trick on the viewers’ eyes, and the contrail was probably formed by an airplane.
According to contrailscience.com, the idea that it is a missile launch originates from three misconceptions: “firstly that the trail is vertical – it’s not, it’s a horizontal trail, at around 32,000 feet (about six miles); secondly, the misconception of direction, that it’s flying away from the viewer, when it’s actually flying towards the viewer; and thirdly, the idea that it goes all the way down to the ground.”
Just as we view completely “straight” roads while driving, in reality, it is just the angle we view it from. A snapshot of the roads from an airplane would reveal that they are not straight lines. The contrail is no more vertical than the road is, the website states.
While the “base” of the contrail seems wider than the tip, which tells the brain that this means the base is closer and the object is flying away, in reality, it has simply been spread by the wind.
“Imagine if a plane with a 100 mile long spreading contrail were coming towards you; what would it look like? It would look exactly like this,” contrailscience.com explains.
The third misconception creates the illusion that the base goes all the way down to the ground, which would be true if the Earth were flat, contrailscience.com notes. “But the Earth is round, and things go beneath the horizon eventually, no matter how high they are. A plane 200 miles away but five miles up is always below the horizon. If the horizon is raised (as it is here, with Catalina Island), then the distance is less.”
(2) Here is a piece with reference to earlier such "missile" sightings: "Jet contrails from some angles look like missile trails"

(3) From "Meteorologist debunks missile hoax over Southern California - Los Angeles Weather | Examiner.com":

Key hints this was an airliner:
1. Flight track was from Hawaii to the mainland.
2. Trail is lighter on the bottom, not near the top like a launch trail
3. The "glint" or flame is not present at the horizon but is when the sun hits the plane ...windows at the right angle. The glinting are the plane windows being hit one by one as the sun crosses them, similar to a house on the hill at sunset (The windows)
4. The upper level moisture in the atmosphere supported contrail development.
5. The upper atmosphere was cold enough to rapidly form large ice crystals to make the trail seem "Thicker" than usually.
6. The airliner on the video stopped the vapor trail at one point and looking at the upper air maps the plane was coming downward from 30,000 feet, to drier air below it thus ending the contrail development.
7. It may look like it is "rising up" but an object coming at you and higher than you would certainly look like it is rising out of the horizon, hence what satellites look like when they "rise" out of the horizon, you know ... like the space station? Optical illusions get the best of everyone.