Missing a few parts....

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay fellas…. Here’s the dilemma. Friday after work, I was on my way home and realized that I was out of beer. I decided that tonight is not going to be copasetic if I didn’t have any. So I made a detour to stop off at the normal place I buy beer from.
I pulled up, and noticed that the ‘new’ guy was working again. I walked in, nodded, and went straight for the Bud Light.

I grabbed my ‘drink of choice’ and approached the counter. A few words was passed back and forth with the cashier (one that sees me every time I come in) and I was told the price.

“That will be $7.57.”

“Okay.” I replied.

As I handed him a twenty dollar bill, I was challenged on my age.

“May I see your drivers license”?

I was in awe that this guy that seems me practically every other day and checks me out will ask for my id. So, I thought, what the hell… he’s just doing his job. I handed him my id and began to look for my Jeep keys. Then out of nowhere I hear this bloke says,

“Whoa”!

Then he lifts up my license and holds it up to my face. I assume he is checking the picture out to make sure its me. I laughed and said,

“Yea. That’s me”!

He asked me if I was sure that the id was mine, and not my older brothers. I was like….

“Yea. I am sure”.

Then out of nowhere, the cashier goes,

“Wow. You’re a young one. Nice. Very nice. Your aging quite good. Man… that’s.. ummm… (mumbles under his breath something). “

He hands me my id and I left. Later on that night, it hit me. Every time I come in, he usually talks to me, make direct eye contact, and says overly friendly comments.
I think I am probably the only guy that feels this, but I think I was born missing some parts of my brain. Like the kind to tell you someone is attracted to you. Hell, if I would have known this earlier, I would have taken him around back and probably poked him in the brown eye.

Guys? Please tell me I am not alone in this?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well, Landshark, he may be flirting.

Or he may be damned good at customer service.

He sounds like the kind of clerk I searched in vain for when I was in retail management.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ya I'm totally dense in that dept. too. Nornally someone has to say it clearly into my face before I have any idea, like" i like you, do u wanna go out"??

Until then I'm clueless, I think most men are like that.

I'm also a huge flirt, but its often done completely sub-consciously.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get similar reactions when people find out my age as well. I was in my doctor's office and this eldery man was coming in--I held the door for him and what not. He told me "I've got ties older than you are. How old are you, son?"

"32" I said.

"Really?! You're looking good--must be taking care of yourself."

He proceeded to ask what I did for a living, if I exercised, etc.

I remember being 25 and getting upset when I got carded and now, nearly 33, I take it as the ultimate compliment. Now, I don't recall being hit on--but it is noce when someone tells me that I look young.

My radar for being cruised is getting better daily. At first, I never noticed guys checkiing me out in a bar, etc. Now I can tell a little bit better.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It's always been my experience that men and women tend to be on different wavelengths when it comes to communicating attraction, so it can be hard for a guy to pick up signals from women. I've learned at my high school reunions of quite a few girls who had crushes on me way back when ... man oh man, if I had only had a clue! :D

Attention from guys, on the other hand, has always seemed pretty damn overt to me. Frankly, that's one thing I like about being hit on by men -- they seldom leave ANY doubt (and the very obvious interest is always flattering).

I had a trainer at my gym vastly underestimate my age today, and it made my month. I turn 31 in a few weeks, and this guy who often sees me at close range, under harsh fluorescent lighting, usually clad in a tank top and b-ball shorts, had thought I was about 20 ... I was on cloud nine!!

Steve :D

britlover

Experimental Member
Media
I'm 37 this year, and peeps often have a bit of a start when I tell 'em my age (and yes, my avatar pic is recent!).

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can honestly tell you that I was born missing that part of my brain (and quite likely a few others as well.) It can be obvious as hell to those around me, but unless someone tells me I seldom pick up on it. It has got me in trouble on a few occasions, when, by the time I “clue in” the girl who I really would be interested in has come to the conclusion that I am a stuck up jackass.