Missing in Action: Lex and Madame Zora

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Osiris--I really enjoy when I get a chance to read your posts. I hope one day I will get a chance to post with you on some complex topics--I am sure it would be fun.

Freddie and DC--I am glad that you come visit us sometimes and you now know what the site has to offer.

To those who would accuse everyone who posts there of bitching and moaning, I offer these two gems:

1. Beyond the Kinsey Scale: A discussion of orientation
(this thread was started by Matthew, who intended to post it here as a way of putting his money where his mouth was in regards to improving the topic level in this section)

2. Sex, Stripping and Female Subservience: an outgrowth of the Kinsey thread

Again, I am not asking anyone to jump ship. I am asking that if you are going to visit, make sure you visit the areas that are designed for more rich discussions (like ETC used to be) and form an opinion of your own.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is a lot of history here about former members. I have seen over my many years on the web many people come and go from the different boards which I have frequented. I myself have left several sites after a time, my most recent was from two sites this year which had both changed from what they once had been. Then again, I am sure that I had also changed, so, the parting was destined to be.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
There is a lot of history here about former members. I have seen over my many years on the web many people come and go from the different boards which I have frequented. I myself have left several sites after a time, my most recent was from two sites this year which had both changed from what they once had been. Then again, I am sure that I had also changed, so, the parting was destined to be.
i think you are right on. I haven't been here as long as Lex and Madame Zora were. I know that the LPSG has changed dramatically since 1999. It has made several changes.

A new owner certainly made a lot of changes. But for Lex and Zora it is my personal opinion that it is the character change from a group of posters who knew each other to a site with thousands of members that was the most important change.

And I understand the latter. With so many more members there are so many more threads and posts. I remember the "good ole days" when I could keep up with every thread in every forum I was interested in. Now that thread I liked so well could drop to page 2 and in some cases to page 3 within 24 hours. In the good ole days that could take a week.

LPSG is not as personal. It can't be. Reading threads at the other site is different. It is like a discussion group of less than 50 people who are doing most of the talking. Here I wouldn't try to guess the number of active posters. It is enough tha I don't come close to knowing all of them.

Right or wrong, the decision to monitor and discipline trolls here at the LPSG was one that Lex and Zora weren't that comfortable with. Drawing the line where a member then becomes a troll can be very tricky and sometimes confrontational. Not all are going to agree if a member is a troll. And there is no way to write the ToS so that it will make all agree on the matter. The old LPSG used the "flame the hell out of trolls" method and rarely resorted to banning, though it was done some.

Both sites have their advantages and disadvantages. Some are loved at both sites. Some are hated at both sites. Some are loved at one and hated at the other. Some will only post on one site and others will post on both sites.

This is a personal decision. If we are at the restaurant and I order Chinese food and you order Mexican food there really isn't a need for either of us to condemn the food choice of the other. A simple I prefer Chinese food is all that is needed to be said. No one has to justify why they prefer that which that have preferred.