missing my guy ...  just whining I guess

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Imported, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

petite_girl: My guy lives over 1000 miles away from me so we don't see each other often. He is in town for just this week on business, but I've only gotten to see him once for an oral quickie. He works so late--as in midnight late--and has to get up so early in the morning (6am) that I probably won't be able to see him at all. It seems like we are so close, yet so far. For the past few days that he's been in town, we haven't been able to even have a conversation without one of us being interrupted for work or one person's cell cutting out. It makes me so sad because I really want to see him, but it's so hard to. :'(

2. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: petite_girl,

Just curious. How long have you been involved with this person? Long distance relationships are almost impossible, and must be all the more difficult when he shows up but has no time to spend with you.

I have to travel on business 3 or 4 days a week and that's difficult enough...

BTW, are we non-females allowed to post to this section? Apologies if I'm out of line...

3. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Yes, non-female members are more than welcome to post here.

Secondly, long distance relationships CAN work - as long as both parties are seriously devoted to making sure it works.  Distances impede physical connections, no distance can impede on a lasting emotional connection ~smiles~

4. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a long-distance relationship for more than a year. We were only 150 miles from each other and meet every few weeks, but the distance and other factors took a toll on us and we are on hold. She wants to get back together, but I know that it will not work. What do you do? Tell him that you want QUALITY time. I don't care if it is only one hour or a few days, you need to spend some time together or you will start to resent his tying you down and drift. If he loves you, he should make concessions.

5. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I am of the opinion that long distance relationships can work. Hell, I've been devoting myself to one for a while and still haven't met her. Sometimes it is hard because she isn't around to talk to, and gets disconnected from me, but I know she has her life and I hang in there. It makes the conversations we have all the sweeter when she is around. Sometimes during the long disconnected periods, I wonder if she still loves me as much when she comes back, but that is my own demon to deal with. I think due to the time we've spent waiting for each, and the time that still persists, we will ultimately have an extremely strong relationship if it ever happens in person.

I wish the same on you, and am a firm believer in the opinion that "distance makes the heart grow fonder". Just keep talking to him, tell him how you feel, and you should be fine. Communication is key for any relationship ESPECIALLY long distances ones. When you guys can finally be together, it'll be so wonderful for you two. :)

6. Imported

Gold Member

petite_girl: We've been together for about half a year. Everyone tells us that it's too soon to know that we're in love, but we know. It's so weird, and I never thought I'd ever fall in love. It just kind of happened one day, which is really scary. We each have our own lives, and it's good that way. I just wish I could see him more than I do now. He left tonight to go back home, and I don't know when he'll be back. :(

The thing is that he was here with his boss, and I really didn't want to get him in trouble. Sometimes I have to make him stop talking to me and go to sleep so that he won't be late/tired for work the next day. I see myself as a very logical person... which makes this love thing all the more harder. Love is so illogical it makes me wonder how it ever happened to me. :-/

7. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: ~laughs and hugs petite_girl~

I understand that perfectly as Maximillian is in VA right now and I'm in Ontario....temporary annoyance....but it does make for some late nights huh?

Love isn't supposed to be logical. It's supposed to take you off-guard, sweep you off your feet and take your breath away all the time. Sure, it gets comfortable after a while but there's no reason it should ever make sense LoL.

It's the thing that can make even us level headed girls confused, strong willed gals weak and normally sane ladies crazy.

Isn't it grand? ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

petite_girl: It's the greatest feeling ever. I love just being around him. It doesn't even have to include anything sexual. Some nights, we are both so tired that we just cuddle and sleep. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted