Mississippi most restrictive abortion laws in nation

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Compared to Iowa, that part of the world is pretty big.

126 countries where women face fewer obstacles to abortion than in Iowa

countries-with-less-restrictive-abortion-policies-than-iowa-s_mapbuilder.jpg

(Edit: I'm not sure why Greenland is greyed out. Maybe someone forgot it)
Greenland has the same abortion laws as the rest of Denmark. It's totally up to the woman to decide if she wants to keep the baby. If not the abortion is free of charge (as all healthcare). If I'm not mistaken, the abortion rate in Greenland is higher than rest of Denmark. Something like half of all pregnancies ends with an abortion.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Greenland has the same abortion laws as the rest of Denmark. It's totally up to the woman to decide if she wants to keep the baby. If not the abortion is free of charge (as all healthcare). If I'm not mistaken, the abortion rate in Greenland is higher than rest of Denmark. Something like half of all pregnancies ends with an abortion.

Right, that's what I meant when I said I don't know why it's grey. Should be pink like most of Europe / Asia / Australia

A little Southern

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree 100% it is a woman's choice. Her's alone!!!

Not abortion, but kinda related... I saw a tweet/post/something today that said "Dr wouldn't tie my tubes because I'm not married and maybe someday my husband my husband may want kids. Medically, my body belongs to a man I haven't met."
I had something similar. I was told I needed a partial hysterectomy because of endometriosis. But 3 different doctors refused to do it, because I was 28 and single. All 3 felt as your Dr did. "You may want more kids or the man you marry will want them" I did finally find one that took the actual reason I needed it and didn't hesitate.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Mississippi most restrictive? Not ANYMORE.

I remember not too long ago when some of us here warned of how the GOP was out to overturn Roe vs. Wade, and how some of their defenders said that'd NEVER happen. WELL:

HB 481: Georgia law criminalizes abortion, subjects women to life in prison.

"On Tuesday, Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signed a “fetal heartbeat” bill that seeks to outlaw abortion after about six weeks. The measure, HB 481, is the most extreme abortion ban in the country—not just because it would impose severe limitations on women’s reproductive rights, but also because it would subject women who get illegal abortions to life imprisonment and the death penalty."

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Just Banned Abortions After Six Weeks. Black Female Lawmakers Aren’t Having It. – Mother Jones

Taya

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought the plan was to make the 3. World more American, not the other way around. I can't believe these state laws reversing decades of gain of individual freedom. TaliKlan in its worst form.

Jacobinism still finding its way in the 21st century must be the biggest hypocrisy ever after a proud founding and centuries of constitutional progress. In a state that was founded by people who wanted to be free from oppression.

"Which is better - to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants one mile away?" - Mather Byles must be doing rolls in his grave now.

ETA = I was so disgusted that I didn't go beyond reading after the 2. page. My apologies to the contributors of the rest.

Reactions: lms28

LadyMarmalade65

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When Roe v. Wade was passed, the first trimester was the limit. Eventually it was realized that he fetus doesn't really show any sign of pain until 20 weeks, so that became the norm.

I don't know why some people have such a hard-on for regulating abortion. The same people for abortion are also for the death-penalty.