Mississippi most restrictive abortion laws in nation

He's the turd exception to my being polite on here. That's from years of dealing with his garbage. I freely admit I call out opinions as being uninformed, or people speaking for others, or pointing out bigotry, or just generally disagreeing with someone. I swear frequently, but not at people. Other than him.
For clarification... My comment wasn't a complaint towards the fine ladies of LPSG in this thread. I get the fuck offs. It's just that it leads to more fuck offs and spewing of "show me where I said..." and more irrelevant opinions and such. Hell, it leads to posts like this that have nothing to do with said topic. That's all.

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Much like I don't assume to know you people I expect the same from you too. You KNOW JACK SHIT about who I am in my everyday life. So what you assume of me is further than the truth and show how ignorant you are. I will never claim and say I know any of you because I know less than 10%. The whole " iceberg " situation where the nearly all of it is beneath the surface. You are the one so adamant on saying that you know me and you are delusional to say that and that's a fact. There are 31 years of my history. I date you to say that you know all of it. ;) Also I said that I make mistakes just like you , unless you say you can't be wrong and you are always right.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Much like I don't assume to know you people I expect the same from you too. You KNOW JACK SHIT about who I am in my everyday life. So what you assume of me is further than the truth and show how ignorant you are. I will never claim and say I know any of you because I know less than 10%. The whole " iceberg " situation where the nearly all of it is beneath the surface. You are the one so adamant on saying that you know me and you are delusional to say that and that's a fact. There are 31 years of my history. I date you to say that you know all of it. ;) Also I said that I make mistakes just like you , unless you say you can't be wrong and you are always right.
You just can't stop digging can you? Never fear you are almost to China!

Seriously just walk away you will not win this, there is no way back you were wrong from the word go.:bomb:

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You just can't stop digging can you? Never fear you are almost to China!

Seriously just walk away you will not win this, there is no way back you were wrong from the word go.:bomb:

I have the right to defend myself against biased people but I'll follow your advice. None can win an argument against biased people.

If anyone has felt offended I'm sorry but you felt offended because you saw my posts through your point of view and didn't try to see them in any other way. So yes from your point of view they were offending through mine they weren't, either way I'm sorry you got them the wrong way and that they were offending in any way.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's not like that. This thing has a bit turn back point. What if you find a man and regret the decision you made to become unable to have children. You should consider this and choose that with him then. Your future partner has a say in a relationship but you will choose THEN what you'll do. It's unfair for him to force this when he can't do something to change it. The worst thing that can happen to you is to have the surgery down the line. So why not wait for a bit. It's not that bad.
THIS IS WRONG.

Do you get it?

It isn't about "knowing who you are as a person", it's about what you write here as an LPSG member. THAT's what people are talking about.

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THIS IS WRONG.

Do you get it?

It isn't about "knowing who you are as a person", it's about what you write here as an LPSG member. THAT's what people are talking about.

Whatever this all convo is flat out pointless at this point.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Whatever this all convo is flat out pointless at this point.
Bullshit. Not "whatever". You made a ridiculous statement, were called on it, said you were bailing over 100 posts ago, and are still here defending it. You pull the "I'm done" horseshit when cornered, then come right back to it.

The point is that since you can't support this ridiculous statement, you need to either apologize sincerely and admit it was wrong, or actually leave the thread, as you stated you would six pages ago.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
P.S. Fuck Republican Men. Every damn one of them.

Sincere question: if a law were passed that made it so that only women could legislate or vote (so all laws were written by and voted into effect by women), what do you think would be the primary differences in the legal treatment of abortion nationally.

Reactions: 950483

Sincere question: if a law were passed that made it so that only women could legislate or vote (so all laws were written by and voted into effect by women), what do you think would be the primary differences in the legal treatment of abortion nationally.
Hmmmm... interesting concept. Help me understand your question, though. Are you asking if ALL laws were proposed and voted on by women, or all laws regarding women reproductive rights were proposed and voted on by women?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmmm... interesting concept. Help me understand your question, though. Are you asking if ALL laws were proposed and voted on by women, or all laws regarding women reproductive rights were proposed and voted on by women?

I guess it should be limited to reproductive rights (I can explain why in a moment).

But basically, gender is not a good predictor of support for legal access to abortion. Support for allowing abortion in all or most cases is 59% among women and 54% among men. There's a difference there, but to me it's not a big one. Both percentages are below what's needed to override a veto or a fillibuster. I understand that Republican men are responsible for most of the opposition to it in legislation, but that's because the Republican congress skews so heavily male. If you replaced all of the Republican men with Republican women, I don't see that there would be any big shift. Even if you made it so that only women could vote, I don't think it would push the numbers around that much.

Education and income levels are both better predictors. Coming back to my first sentence, if we were saying only women for all laws, I allow room for possibility that some treatment of access to education or wages might be handled differently and in such a way that you had demographic shifts either in income, or in level of education attained, that in turn produce a change in support for legal abortion nationally.

But I don't think that it's men directly responsible for our current abortion laws in the way that MickeyLee's remark suggests (I think you have senators voting the way their constituents support and on the Republican side even the female constituents are still favoring pro-life). Saying "Fuck Republicans" would probably be a more accurate epithet for an ardent pro-choice supporter than "Fuck Republican men"

Reactions: 286798

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Not if we let white women vote. 52% of white women voted for Trump. Hate and dumbassery don't require a penis.

I think a huge part of how conservative women vote is fueled by internalized misogyny. These women are raised up to believe a man's opinion matter more and have more worth. If we educated both sexes to value the contributions and efforts of women the world would be a different place. Issues such as safer sex, LGBTQ+ issues, reproductive agency issues, and women's rights would be accepted as human rights. There would be no thought of stepping on those rights.

I don't believe anti-choice, male or female, people have any right to vote on the issue of women's reproductive health. They cast their vote by not having or paying for abortions. The idea that someone's Sky Daddy disapproving of my life choices prevents me from being able to make those choices is infuriating.

Any belief system ends at the tip of the believer's nose. Make no laws trespassing my rights and I don't give a fuck what you do.

It's not just men, it's right wing, Christian, heterosexual, cis white males. Statistically the most dangerous demographic on the planet.

ETA: We need the black women who kicked Moore to the curb running this country. Right now we have the white people who vote a Holocaust Denier as the GOP candidate of Chicago, Illinois. Of course in that race the Democratic candidate is Anti-choice. So there ya go.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterB and 950483

CptCanada

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, Republicans are making leaps and bounds toward preventing American women from getting access to abortion. 17 states are down to one clinic for the entire state. In several of those states, the last clinic is only open due to heroic legal intervention by the activists and support from the public. Republicans have cut programs that funded low-cost clinics across the board.

Imagine being a woman of limited means in a state with only one abortion clinic? The option has pretty much wiped off the table. You would be required to obtain the funds, days off work and transportation, and possibly accommodations while you recover. If, and that is a big if, you can swing all of that you are still forced jump through legislative hoops to qualify for the procedure.

Oh, and don't forget the Easter Sunday picnic that is running a gantlet of abuse thrown at you by anti-women protesters. Fake clinics set up for the sole purpose of preventing women from getting to a real clinic. They tell outright lies, delay appointments, give false medical information, and harass women hoping to delay them long enough for gestation laws to block the abortion.

related and also sucky: Trump cut the teen pregnancy prevention program nationwide. Yippy. More seasons of TeenMom for the Ocher Anal Polop to watch.

Wow sorry for the late reply and I apologize for my ignorance. That is absolutely ridiculous. Especially given that often many women or couples decide to have an abortion because they aren't financially ready or at the appropriate circumstance to raise a child. This just further burdens them to take the time off of work and the cost to travel to get the procedure done. I honestly can't understand people who condone this.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
You see Republicans do not give shit about that.

Their attitude is "well she should not have got pregnant then"

Which really equals "well she should not have had sex then"

Because they have done everything and anything to make birth control much less the "morning after pill" harder to get.

Any employer that "doesn't want to pay for it" IE Hobby Lobby Any Pharmacist that does not want to sell it.

When challenged they fall back to some version of "just use condoms"

Then they fall back to "there is always adoption" but the millions of kids in foster care costing billions (you would think they would hate that even more) argues otherwise.

You see Republicans do not give shit about that.

Their attitude is "well she should not have got pregnant then"

Which really equals "well she should not have had sex then"

Because they have done everything and anything to make birth control much less the "morning after pill" harder to get.

Any employer that "doesn't want to pay for it" IE Hobby Lobby Any Pharmacist that does not want to sell it.

When challenged they fall back to some version of "just use condoms"

Then they fall back to "there is always adoption" but the millions of kids in foster care costing billions (you would think they would hate that even more) argues otherwise.
That's a mighty broad brush you're painting with.

Couple comments... several of the mainline protestant churches that are more likely to think that abortion should be legal are the same ones that are more likely to lean Republican.

I don't think that Hobby Lobby's primary motivation on reproductive issues is financial... "doesn't want to pay for it". If they were more motivated by money than principles, they'd be open on Sunday.

It's my understanding that many of the social services provided by the government were previously provided by the church. If a young girl found herself pregnant, there were many homes for girls that would help with her pregnancy, adopt the child, and help her get back on her feet. Now, the government handles this, similar to how the homeless/poor are served. I don't think they do either very well, as illustrated by your "costing billions" comment.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Hobby Lobby's "primary motivation" may not be "exactly" "financial" but the absolute heart of the argument they made and was accepted (for now) was absolutely "we don;t want to pay for it" they took the view that the health insurance they "provided" and the portion of the "premiums" they paid was "their money" and not a form of compensation AKA "money" for the employee that that employee had in fact earned just as they earn the actual dollars AKA "money" in their paycheck.

If you take their "logic" to it's ultimate conclusion then the actual dollars they pay an employee is still really "their money" too and a "condition of employment" would/should/could be that that employee agrees to not spend any of "their money" AKA Hobby Lobby's money on any of those things they object to.

Little know fact that was not even really brought out in the trial. Prior to the ACA and the "carve out" that Bart Stupak demanded for "religious entities" beyond actual churches, supposedly "Catholic Hospital's" Universities like Georgetown and Notre Dame and a few "charities" "Catholic Charities" being the main one everyone was so wrapped around the axle about. It did not "apply to/cover" United Way for example. Hobby Lobby had in fact for years and years covered in their insurance plans all those things that they were now, "all the sudden" so "opposed to"

IMO the case was VERY poorly argued by the government, they never "challenged their beliefs" which were the supposed bedrock of the case. Anyone that knows anything about the subject will tell you that "IUD's" and most if not all of the forms of hormonal B/C that they were now opposed to (which they used to "pay for" ) do NOT "cause abortions" Ask any PB/GYN, as ACOG they will tell you that, they will tell you that they simply keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus. The simple FACT is that most fertilized eggs, (some women more than others) do not implant anyone even when no BC method is used.

It was just another case where John Roberts was still naive enough to think that any possible problem that may result from his ruling would/could/should be address by Congress.

There was a LOT of "there is another way" and "they will work it out"

You do not seeing making any such rulings anymore.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hobby Lobby's "primary motivation" may not be "exactly" "financial" but the absolute heart of the argument they made and was accepted (for now) was absolutely "we don;t want to pay for it" they took the view that the health insurance they "provided" and the portion of the "premiums" they paid was "their money" and not a form of compensation AKA "money" for the employee that that employee had in fact earned just as they earn the actual dollars AKA "money" in their paycheck.

If you take their "logic" to it's ultimate conclusion then the actual dollars they pay an employee is still really "their money" too and a "condition of employment" would/should/could be that that employee agrees to not spend any of "their money" AKA Hobby Lobby's money on any of those things they object to.

Their logic here is correct. In addition to the courts, perhaps the ultimate judge of "what's salary/wages/income"...the IRS... does not consider non-monetary benefits to be income....they would certainly tax it if they did. If you've ever worked for a company that dropped healthcare benefits, as many did when ACA was passed (Walmart is a huge example), none ever directly compensated dollar for dollar the difference in cost to their employees. If (big if) they adjusted salaries it was a pittance.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Getting surgery in other countries is risky. Getting surgeries even in the USA is risky, same for the UK and other first world NATO countries. There is no fucking way I would go to Cuba for a medical procedure.

Cuban docs were often sent to countries needing medical care.

I'm looking at dental tourism to get major repairs done.

To the topic of the thread, I carry two devistating genetic diseases.
I lost a Fallopian tube and ovary as an infant.
When I approached my doc about tying the remaining one, I was put off.

Then, I was raped. And living where abortion access was difficult and prohibitively expensive.
(Why does Mississippi have only ONE clinic)

I bore that child, naturally and drug free. Blessedly, she died in utero. Yes, I knew I was delivering a dead child.
She had both diseases, according to testing. Her life would have been short, maybe into early teens, and bedridden.

Allowing me to have the surgery I wanted would have saved me such pain. (I'm counting the two additional lost pregnancies in this)

Yes, I had a healthy child later and my kid is awesome, but also not planned and a result of BC failure.

My choice for myself was to not be a birth mother.

The medical establishment denied me the access to sterilization. Based on age and gender.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

What we know is what you project here. You created your online presence.
You tell us who you are in every interaction.