Missouri Health Care Freedom, Proposition C

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Marius567, Jul 30, 2010.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

The Missouri Health Care Freedom, Proposition C will appear on the August 3, 2010 statewide ballot in Missouri as an legislatively-referred state statute. The proposed measure aims to block the federal government from requiring people to buy health insurance and bans punishment for those without health insurance.

2. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    What a laughably biased title.....and pointless too- it's unenforceable. Drink your juice Shelby!

3. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

you want to feds to run every thing :( I am voting for it states should have rights too!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 B_Marius567, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    It's called the "Commerce Clause"....google it.

5. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually no- but I really don't see the problem requiring everyone to have health insurance. I honestly don't.

6. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In fact, this is an excellent point. So tell me, hungshyman... what compels you to believe that everybody should NOT have health insurance? What exactly about ensuring that every citizen has access to healthcare is not a good idea?

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    More importantly, who should pay for someone's medical care if they're uninsured and something happens to them?

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm guessing we will not hear a well thought out and intelligent response to your questions. Just a guess.

9. ericbythebay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The ballot measure is a waste of resources. What's next, a ballot measure to opt out of the federal income tax?

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Still waiting...

11. W/In 1 Stand Dev

W/In 1 Stand Dev Active Member

I might just have to move to Missouri if this passes.

you all do realize that Missouri is not the first to vote on this and/or to pass this.

12. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    I think individuals who "opt out" should have to be registered........so that IF something disastrous happens to them (of course very unexpectedly -- as are most disasters) -- there is absolutely no chance for them to opt BACK into the system (once they see just how valuable having insurance is!!) Once again --- it's just a mindset of "I have -- you don't..................tough crap!"

13. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Presumably, hungshyman thinks it's a better idea to saddle those who ARE insured with a non-insured health care coverage rider. If that sounds familiar, it's because it's exactly the system we have today. And it doesn't work.

Health care in the US is big business, which by definition means it's a system of entitlement and privilege where the very best care goes to the people who can pay for it. Recently, I got a letter from a new hospital near me that is offering (I am not making this up) "style and spaciousness previously only found in four-star hotels" and "state-of-the-art care in a calm, private setting" without "the noise and chaos of traditional facilities". Another part of the letter promised "attentive care with a panoramic, restorative view of the majestic Rocky Mountains". This wasn't a rehabilitation hospital, a hospice, or an out-patient cosmetic procedure clinic -- this is a hospital (although it also provides all three of those services... for a fee, of course).

Whether or not Missouri establishes itself as a bastion of defiance is really beside the point. In my opinion, anybody who is against providing health care access to all Americans is a decidedly evil person. Karma has a way of finding people like that.

14. houtx48

Gold Member

This is a waste of time, kind of like Az. and brown people. Old white people are going crazy.

15. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Who the fuck cares? The states bitching about this the most are the biggest recipients of federal aid. California, which is very much in favor of universal healthcare, gets only about 0.75 back for every 1.00 that they send to the federal government. You do realize that if it passes it will do NOTHING to change the status quo- it won't have ANY effect whatsoever- nor will the bill ever be repealed. Reformed? Yes. Repealed? Absolutely not. The Republicans will never have enough votes to overcome a filibuster or a presidential veto. The GOP seriously and royally fucked up when they decided to not work with Democrats when the debate was ongoing. Why the Dems even decided to throw a few bones to the GOP, and not go ahead with a liberal plan is beyond me. The Dems checkmated the GOP on this issue.

16. sbat

sbat New Member

Hey! I live in Missouri! I can vote!

So how should I vote? Someone plz tell me!?

17. LittleButt

LittleButt Member

My philosophy has always been "If you have to ask someone how you should vote then most likely you shouldn't." Sorry, but you look cute if that is any consolation.

18. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The thing about the internet is that sarcasm doesnt carry over very well :rolleyes:

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where'd the OP go? Is he letting his own thread die without any responses/rebuttals?

20. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they just don't have time to come on LPSG :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted