Mistaken for an autograph

las000005

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have people ever thought you were a celebrity and asked for your autograph? I have heard of this happening and I was wondering if it had happened to any of you.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not me. I'm friends with a recognizable Hollywood movie star and he so effectively blends into the world no one knows who he is. I once had to pick him up at an airport curb for an event and he looked so nondescript he could have been rousted as a vagrant. but that's why he's a great actor.

No - but we were in Liverpool one time when there was a big concert on (back in 89) with loads of big names and stuff. We were opposite this hotel where celebs kept coming out, and there were loads of fans there.

One of our friends went over (who was a lot older than us - in his 20s) and the rest of us ran up pretending he was a celebrity and shouting 'it's Dave...it's Dave...' then loads of ppl crowded round wanting autographs heheheh. :biggrin1:

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Actually, yes. About 15 years ago my bf and I were in Rio and we took a limo to a New Year's Eve Party that was held on the top of Sugarloaf Mountain. We were dressed alike (I know, eww, gross) in black with red cumberbunds and bow ties and when we got out the crowd being held back by the police got all crazy and was pushing autograph books at us. A lot of Brazilian celebs go to the party but we were sort of surprised they were directing attention at us. But even after we got off the gondola at the top of the mountain and started walking around, we noticed that people kept thier distance and seemed to be whispering about us. About an hour later someone told us that word had gotten around that we were (unnamed) American rock stars and they were afraid to approach us. It was a little embarrassing. So, now that I think about it, were the matching clothes.

Last edited: