Mitchell Report

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets get this started.

First Raffy Pamiero, Big Mac, Giambi, and now Clemens, Pettite, and lord knows who else. Canseco was not lying. I am interested to see the back lash against these folk as compared to BONDS. All you people who were trashing Bonds better start trashing all these guys too, or run the risk of being labeled a racist. Just as Bonds was using, so were the PITCHERS he was hitting those home runs against.

Nothing can be done, this should just be known as the steroid era and that is that. It will never be stopped. And those of you who thought it was just limited to players like Bonds and a few others have been blind, it has been obvious it has been rampant in this sport, as well as others, for the last 10-15 years.

If Barry is a cheater, I would like to see if these guys get the same rap by the media and the common folk.

"It's no secret what's going on in baseball. At least half the players in the league are using them" - Ken Camminitti 2002

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I write this, George Mitchell is speaking to the press on this matter. Who is on the list? Soon we will know. Will it be complete? Hardly. All it will show are those who have been caught and those who have been snitched on. Some will manage to avoid being caught- similar to serial burglars and murderers, often they go to their grave without ever being captured.

Roger Clemens- if indeed on the list- would be (to me) the least of the surprises. Several pitchers are expected to be given from this list which would help explain the added velocity which many of their pitches have now in comparison to 30 years ago. Not to mention those 30 inch necks! It is a sad day indeed for baseball. Players who used, players who knew, managers, coaches, trainers, owners and many from the media who knew what was happening and stayed silent are all responsible for this disgraceful moment in baseball history.

It would be best to take baseball from today on with a definitive line to note the before and after. Remove the blot from beside Barry Bonds, unless it is placed by every one of the players who has now been outed. At the end of the day, why single out Bonds? And if it comes to pitchers, will Clemens be singled out more loudly than the others? There are several days, weeks and months ahead in which we will see what this bring.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the report is available for download from yahoo...its 409 pages long, so i skipped the beginning to find the list of players:

Lenny Dykstra
David Segui
Larry Bigbie
Brian Roberts
Tim Laker
Josias Manzanillo
Todd Hundley
Mark Carreon
Hal Morris
Matt Franco
Rondell White
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettitte
Chuck Knoblauch
Jason Grimsley
Gregg Zaun
David Justice
F.P. Santangelo
Glenallen Hill
Mo Vaughn
Denny Neagle
Ron Villone
Ryan Franklin
Chris Donnels
Todd Williams
Phil Hiatt
Todd Pratt
Kevin Young
Mike Lansing
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Adam Piatt
Miguel Tejada
Jason Christiansen
Mike Stanton
Stephen Randolph
Jerry Hairston, Jr.
Paul Lo Duca
Adam Riggs
Bart Miadich
Fernando Vina
Kevin Brown
Eric Gagne
Mike Bell
Matt Herges
Gary Bennett, Jr.
Jim Parque
Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be best to take baseball from today on with a definitive line to note the before and after. Remove the blot from beside Barry Bonds, unless it is placed by every one of the players who has now been outed. At the end of the day, why single out Bonds? And if it comes to pitchers, will Clemens be singled out more loudly than the others? There are several days, weeks and months ahead in which we will see what this bring.

preach on brother, I can only hope others will see it this way as well...

Apparently the mitchell report had limited resources, so people must not be fooled and think that the people mentioned above were the only ones using. Just hearing the language used to describe how prevalent roids was in the field house you can see how it was so widely used. The wool is finally beginning to be pulled from over the public's eyes...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All these guys cheated the sport? Hmmm... So are we going to see record books altered? Hall of Fame members stripped of their status? No. Why? Because Bud Selig is a spineless, petty schmuck who turned a blind eye to this and his ass needs to go for the better of the sport.

Charlie Hustle may have gambled, but he broke his records honestly without steroids and yet Selig still sees fit to ban him for life and bar him from Hall of Fame status. I say BULLSHIT! If these idiots get to keep their titles and memberships, Pete Rose should get into the Hall of Fame.

I also have to agree with HazelGod. No one will really care and the only reason I care is because I despise Bud Selig and this proves how asleep at the wheel he has been in his position.

hockeycock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bud Selig is worthless. He covered up collusion in the 80s, turned the commissioner's office into a tool of the owners, and was willfully ignorant of all these (and more) players' steroid use for over a decade. This is not what baseball is supposed to be about. It makes me sick. Tar and feather Selig and ban all these players for life!

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All these guys cheated the sport? Hmmm... So are we going to see record books altered? Hall of Fame members stripped of their status? No. Why? Because Bud Selig is a spineless, petty schmuck who turned a blind eye to this and his ass needs to go for the better of the sport.

Marion Jones just got stripped of her 5 Olympic gold medals.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't give a shit either, steroids have helped baseball especially after the strike. I just got tired of people outing Bonds like he was the lone villian...