mitchymo ...again???

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not something that happens very often at all and really is a last resort. I can think of only 3 occasions off the top of my head where this has been applied. As for how long it lasts, it's permanent unless there is a discussion to change it.
Thanks CS!
Nice new avi, btw! :biggrin1:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There seems to be a question of whether Mitchymo's ban is temporary or permanent. The agreement between Mitchymo, the other user and the moderating team was quite clear in that any breaking of the agreement would result in a permanent ban.
Mitchymo's ban is permanent

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, if you really look at the offenses, I think permanent is a bit over the top, no?

It's very important to look at all side of this. You are unaware of the events that led up to this. There were heads ups, and warnings and temp bans in some cases. We very rarely send these sort of terms to people but when we do; it is understood by all involved that the next incident will be a permanent ban.
There are now three banned people to my knowledge who were sent these terms to agree to abide by; but they did not.

Thanks for the info Cunning/Nudey et al. Does make it a bit clearer.

I think I know which posts you're referring to...kinda seems a shame to end like this over something trivial (the recent events, I mean...not anything that built up to it). But, oh well.

Poor ol Mitch. :/

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the info Cunning/Nudey et al. Does make it a bit clearer.

I think I know which posts you're referring to...kinda seems a shame to end like this over something trivial (the recent events, I mean...not anything that built up to it). But, oh well.

Poor ol Mitch. :/

This is really my last comment on all matters mitchy, but joll while it may look trivial on the surface, but there was another added ingredient that is confidential information that made this; like all of the moderators discussions where banning is involved more difficult and more compelling at the same time. I'm not trying to be vague but I think it's important that everyone know that we don't like banning people and we don't even like the discussions regarding banning people but we take them seriously and treat each incident fairly.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Clearly the moderators have made a judgment call, and clearly these issues are difficult. I moderate a board myself and I know it can be gritty and I wouldn't like someone "reviewing" my decisions.

I understand from Cunning Stunt's post above that Mitchymo brought the matter to the moderators' attention. Presumably Mitchymo believes himself not to be guilty of anything - or feels he has owned up to his part in a matter where the other party was at least as guilty. This of course makes the moderators' judgment call that much harder. But moderators' decisions are hard.

I really would appreciate confirmation that events are as I'm understanding them and that there is not some serious additional issue that is not being set out. For example if Mitchymo is under 18 then there can be no argument about the ban (and there are other possible issues around which there can be no argument about a ban). If events are as I understand them I can offer an outrageous solution to this matter that would give both the moderators and the person Mitchymo has upset a very high level of assurance that the problem will not happen again - a guarantee that goes beyond anything that Mitchymo alone could give. I think I have a solution where everyone wins.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There seems to be a question of whether Mitchymo's ban is temporary or permanent. The agreement between Mitchymo, the other user and the moderating team was quite clear in that any breaking of the agreement would result in a permanent ban.
Mitchymo's ban is permanent
Thank you, Indy.
I enjoyed Mitchy's posts, but that sounds clear enough, so I won't go on about it. As with too many others, his presence will be missed.

I just want Mitchy back!
I have missed him the first time, and i`ll miss him again:(
Unfortunately, he has to stay banned. I mean, really, what message would the mods be sending if they forgave Mitchy but banned others for the same reason? Same rules for everyone, no? ...

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Kitty I was just expressing my feelings for Mitchy;)
I think he should know that there are people who will miss him here, and who like him.
:)

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Boards such as this one are feeling their way in developing codes of conduct. I don't think forums have been around long enough for systems to develop fully. The most advanced I know is Wikipedia (which has an enormous body of rules and guidelines, all applied by the whole membership). A few are within a legal code (eg Amazon reviews are ultimately subject to law on libel). I moderate a forum for a university which is ultimately answerable to committees within the university and even above that to an ombudsman and I suppose in theory the courts. But for a board of the size of lpsg it is hard to see what can be done or can be done better. That said in the first Mitchymo ban I felt that the tools open to the moderators were too blunt, too limited. This is an acknowledgement of the problems faced by all online forums, not a criticism of lpsg.

So here is my proposed solution. It is conditional on an assurance from the moderators that Mitchymo has not broken the law. I am proposing a virtual bail bond where I will stand bail for Mitchymo, the bond being my lpsg membership. I suggest he is un-banned conditional on good behaviour (exactly as before). If these terms are breached both he and I are to be banned. In my case this would be without discussion or argument or reapplication.

The intention is to provide enhanced assurance for moderators and the person that Mitchymo has upset that Mitchymo will not so act again. In the spirit of Christmas I'm asking the moderators and the person Mitchymo has upset to consider this offer and see if we can work towards a solution that will make everyone happy.

By the way I have not discussed this with Mitchymo - I don't know how to contact him - which in a nutshell indicates the real impact of a forum ban.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jason, your offer is really very nice and I'm sure we will discuss the issue in the moderator forum. However the flaw in your "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" is that if we do it for one person we will have to do it for everyone. And I don't think I could support it based on that.
No matter how unfair the membership here think we are... we apply the rules equally to everyone. No one gets preferential treatment here.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So basically mitchymo was trying to be clever. Which we all know is impossible for mitchymo.

Some of you take this site much too seriously. mitchymo behaved like a spoiled little bitch boy. The banning was deserved.

Maybe when a user is banned multiple times people should start asking questions of the banned person and not of the moderators who banned him.