Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My first four recommendations if you have'nt yet seen any of them:-

1. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

2. Drag Me to Hell

3. Shutter

4. Ice Age 3

I watched all of them just recently and enjoyed them all.
If you are a fan of The Grudge then you will probably like Shutter but if not then obviously you might not.

I saw Drag Me to Hell last night and it was fantastic (i do like my horror and chiller films) and reckon it is well worth seeing.

That little squirrel bless it in Ice Age 3....still fails to capture its nut lol

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ummmm OK I'll consider watching those if you watch...
The Last Metro
Day for Night
The Young Girls or Rochefort
The Last of Sheila
Ship of Fools
Enchanted April

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Last Metro
Day for Night
The Young Girls or Rochefort
The Last of Sheila
Ship of Fools
Enchanted April

:confused: They don't sound like good horror films! :biggrin1:

I have never heard of any of them but will go and research on imdb

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe I was in a weird mood when I saw "Drag Me to Hell", but I laughed through most of it and found it trite and somewhat of a copy of "Thinner" and a few other "get cursed" movies.

"Night at the Museum" was funny. Now I am off to see "Public Enemies". ($2)

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know what searches you used...but romance (not exactly) try watching a movie that makes you think about something other than the world owing you a favor. Or read something about the McCarthy era before you want to become a neo-communist. Try Scoundrel Time or Perdido. I told you you would not like my answer.

I don't like your answer on account of the fact that i like horror movies by choice, totally unreal stuff that does not fuel in any way my feelings of reality so don't understand the suggestion which seems to imply that i might be watching too much sci-fi :confused:

And secondly, why have you brought that up in this thread.

Incidently i am not intending to become anything, i am politically to the left is the only thing i know for sure, it was a friend who called me a neo-communist and i wanted to find out more about what that might be, unfortunately i don't feel any more enlightened.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Last Metro

Enchanted April

i've seen Enchanted April.. is a very good film. :smile:

added The Last Metro to me netflix queue.

Horror Movie for Mr. Mitchymo

Otis
Audition
The Devil's Backbone
The Undead
Ravenous
Dog Soldiers

all very premium flickers

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like your answer on account of the fact that i like horror movies by choice, totally unreal stuff that does not fuel in any way my feelings of reality so don't understand the suggestion which seems to imply that i might be watching too much sci-fi :confused:

Incidently i am not intending to become anything, i am politically to the left is the only thing i know for sure, it was a friend who called me a neo-communist and i wanted to find out more about what that might be, unfortunately i don't feel any more enlightened.

The thread is film recommendations. I'm sorry if I offended you. I should have taken my other post to the other forum. In terms of films; I will watch yours if you will watch mine and maybe we will learn something about each other.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've seen Enchanted April.. is a very good film. :smile:

added The Last Metro to me netflix queue.

Horror Movie for Mr. Mitchymo

Otis
Audition
The Devil's Backbone
The Undead
Ravenous
Dog Soldiers

all very premium flickers

Thanx for the tips, i'll look out for the first 4. Loved Ravenous and Dog Soldiers is in my dvd collection.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Shining is a great horror flick if you haven't seen that one yet.

And if you're also into psychological thrillers:
The Silence of the Lambs and anything by Hitchcock is fantastic.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The thread is film recommendations. I'm sorry if I offended you. I should have taken my other post to the other forum. In terms of films; I will watch yours if you will watch mine and maybe we will learn something about each other.

I think having read the imdb descriptions of the suggestions that i already know we do not share a taste in movie entertainment. I will not watch all of the films but if you pick 1 from your list then i will watch that (not The Last Metro tho on account that i can't stand Gerard Depardeau).

Have you seen Pan's Labrynth?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Shining is a great horror flick if you haven't seen that one yet.

And if you're also into psychological thrillers:
The Silence of the Lambs and anything by Hitchcock is fantastic.

Yep seen The Shining, good. Silence of the Lambs is cool and Hannibal Rising is fantastic with Gaspard Ulliel playing young Hannibal Lector, Recommend that for certain!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think having read the imdb descriptions of the suggestions that i already know we do not share a taste in movie entertainment. I will not watch all of the films but if you pick 1 from your list then i will watch that (not The Last Metro tho on account that i can't stand Gerard Depardeau).

Have you seen Pan's Labrynth?
Yes I loved that movie. But in all fairness then watch this...
Les diaboliques (1955)

and then watch this...
La vie devant soi (1977)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
*REC is a very good Spanish horror movie. It was remade in English as Quarantine and was not so good.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
*REC is a very good Spanish horror movie. It was remade in English as Quarantine and was not so good.

Haha, got both of them, enjoyed them both but you are absolutely right, i much prefered the spanish version, it's sad that some people are put off by subtitles. And the american version was practically scene for scene but added a little extra that was just not necessary (like the armed police shooting the guy by the window).

Dead Snow is a great dutch? movie, again subtitled and is a horror comedy but mostly horror. I recommend that too!

Then watch Battleship Potemkin. The Soviets made some brilliant movies in the pre-Stalin days and a few during. Since you like sci-fi, then watch the Soviet sci-fi thriller, Aelita Queen of Mars. Look for films by Pudovkin, Eisenstein, and Tarkovsky. Everyone should see Potemkin at least once as it has one of the most famous scenes in all of film history.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think anyone mentioned District 9. That was a movie that I recently enjoyed.