Mitt Don't know planes

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, none of what you posted is relevant to what I said. The only relevancy is that it involves mitt romney at one point.

The first part is irrelevant because I never talk about hypocrisy, his opinions on the war, or anything of the sort. The second part is an even more irrelevant tangent. The third part is a tangent of that tangent. Focus on what I am saying not on what you want to say when replying!
I posted that Mitt dodged the draft and you replied that he didn't dodge but got deferred and posted how others did the same. My comment that he did dodge service after telling others that they should go is relevant.

For some reason you just love to come on here and tell others how or what they should post. Focus on your own posts and all will be fine.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Yes, you guy's blind hate for Romney. What you're seeing, you're seeing through liberal glasses, Phil.

Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago when Obama was confused by an iPhone? That's a bit easier to understand than how plane can fly.

Obama is well-known blackberry user. He was so addicted that the secret service made him a special encrypted one. If you're trying to make him look like somebody who doesn't know what a smart phone is, try again (and you will). You really don't know that the hell you're talking about, honey.

You dismiss Phil's life so easily. Do you know what empirical evidence is? Do you know what any kind of evidence is?

h0neymustard

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for putting words in my mouth.
Sure I know what evidence is. How about the longest time ever for >8% unemployment is under Obama? The median income is down 8% under Obama?

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Right now I bet 'ol George Romney is spinning in his grave!

I actually did have some respect for John McCain and it was Sarah Palin who caused his woes and lost him the election. Palin did this by simply being Sarah Palin. The Palins were simply Kardashians in politics. These were people who really did not know how to do anything well other than stick their feet in their mouths respectively AND in spite of charisma which Sarah in fact did have, it was her mouth and the continued stupidity that it seemed to utter that sank that entire campaign.

I am really disappointed in the GOP. Romney has convinced me as has the GOP that they are not the party to lead this country. Romney it appears has been taking brain disconnection lessons from the Palin Dynasty, and Ryan was from the beginning Palin with a penis. Romney is a man who is like a cake made of icing, lots of sweetness on the outside but no substance on the inside.

I seriously cannot figure out what the GOP was thinking and even worse I cannot figure out what Romney stands for because all I hear are changes to pander to whomever it is he is addressing at a given moment.

Mitt is creating only one kind of job these days and that is employment for "spin doctors" so that they can say, "what he meant to say was. . . . ."

I am not fond of Obama and my simple reasons are I feel him to be a cowardly "wuss" when it comes to taking on issues. At the same time I would rather have a coward sitting on "the button" than a man who has proven himself to be a pandering "con artist" telling every group what it wants to hear rather than talking issues and truth.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
By the way Phil, thanks for the essay. Well stated and well researched as usual.

You are a great deal younger than I, and as a man with a family still living in California you can see on a day to day basis what the policies of GOP rule have done.

Where the GOP has constantly criticized Jerry Brown, one can look at the performances of George Deukmejian, Pete Wilson, and finally Arnold Swarzenegger and what those Governors in essence have done to the State of California.

I moved from California to New Mexico.

On Friday Phil, I payed $3.38 cents per gallon for regular gasoline in New Mexico. Under the taxation system in California Phil I know that some people might like to hear what youi guys are paying and if the GOP cared about taxation they could certainly fool me by the fact that their actions never match their words.

Like you Phil, I lived in California for most of my life. I watched Arnold Swarzenegger pander to large utility companies when he completely failed to bring California in line with regards to solar energy.

For those not in the know on this, in most States, if you elect to install solar panels, and you generate more than you use, the utility company must pay you for that power meaning you get either a check or a credit against your electric bill. In California, this is not the case. In that fair state, you can generate as much as you want and the most you can do is to zero out a power bill. Utilities take the rest as a "gift" from you, and do not have to pay you one dime for that power.

Just West of Palm Springs, California, is an area called "Whitewater", and it is this area where huge wind farms have been set up and developed. The greatest beneficiary of these wind farms has been Southern California Edison. At the same time, all of the power is taken by Edison. Edison classifies this power as "experimental" and as a result the people of the Coachella Valley still pay among the highest electric rates in the Country. Sonnenbleck and several other manufacturers of the wind turbine generators have profited greatly from this array, as an industry again corporations have made money. The people of the Coachella Valley under Edison however are paying electric bills that are outrageous.

After the windfall given utility companies by former GOP California Governor Pete Wilson, Phil in San Diego is paying through the nose for his electricity, even though it was the same GOP hardliners that said the San Onofre Nuclear Power Station would cut electric rates. As Phil can attest, he is getting the proctologist and a full colonoscopy on this one from San Diego Gas and Electric or whatever power company he is under.

I left California when it became obvious that by 2025 it was going to cost me about $5,000 per month to have a poverty level standard of living in retirement there.

Historically, Phil and I both can tell you that the GOP historically tries to get smaller versions of things passed in California before trying to get them on a national level. We can both also tell you that the State of California is a total mess because of it.

Phil and I both have watched DMV offices stripped of employees. The State of California has cut budgets for services again and again. The last time I was in the Palm Springs DMV office, I was there nearly 8 hours trying to get some paperwork completed.
An office designed for 60 people and designed with incredible speed and accuracy had been cut to a total staff of less than a dozen because of the GOP and their short sighted thinking. For a time, there was some talk among some GOP members in that State of "privatizing" the DMV.

These days, Southern California is I am sad to say not a very pleasant place to go, to live, or to visit. The cost of living there, or even visiting there is now very high when compared against many other places in the country, and most of this is based on policies enacted under GOP administrations.

Those not living in areas badly debilitated by decisions made by GOP politicians are doing better, and don't feel the pinch as much.

Those living in California are right now paying through the nose for nearly everything.

While claiming to be against taxation and chanting their "mantra" as if it were going to get them something, all we hear is: "tax and spend liberals, tax and spend liberals, tax and spend liberals" while at the same time those living under this and watching the real outcome of what the GOP has done in California and nationwide see things differently. Phil is still in the trenches trying to figure out how to make his paycheck stretch farther and farther each month as rising costs and a frozen salary slowly reduce his and his families standard of living.

The same type of "Marie Antoinette" thinking on the "let 'em eat cake" front and the same "out of touch, substitution reality" that most of these GOP folks have these days are not only not going to fix, they will make it far worse for the many while profiting the few greatly.

Last edited:

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
quite amusing that no one has had the decency to correct AM on his now blatant error, nor has he had it to do so of his own accord :/

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
the analogy is easy enough to understand. - even with a missing word.

(you missed every analogy i made in your voter restriction thread....so its not surprising AM's went over your head as well.)

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
enlighten me on the analogy? if you're referencing the initial post, I certainly did miss it.

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
the analogy is easy enough to understand. - even with a missing word.

(you missed every analogy i made in your voter restriction thread....so its not surprising AM's went over your head as well.)

Eric_8 was saying that no one has corrected AM on his initial post claiming that the story about Mitt Romney was not a joke, nor was he joking. I'll admit, I didn't get the analogy in the post you're referring to. What's the missing word?

Last edited:

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
quite amusing that no one has had the decency to correct AM on his now blatant error, nor has he had it to do so of his own accord :/

It's clear tamati was confused as to what you were referring to, why not just let him know what you meant? Also, have YOU corrected AM? Like I said in the other thread, I've seen the video and it still isn't obvious that he was joking, certainly not as obvious as you claim it to be. If Mitt was joking, it was distasteful, if he was serious (which I've already agreed he most likely wasn't) it was epic.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's clear tamati was confused as to what you were referring to, why not just let him know what you meant? Also, have YOU corrected AM? Like I said in the other thread, I've seen the video and it still isn't obvious that he was joking, certainly not as obvious as you claim it to be. If Mitt was joking, it was distasteful, if he was serious (which I've already agreed he most likely wasn't) it was epic.

Twas the intent good sir. I asked him if he was referencing the initial post, which would likely be found at or near the beginning of the thread. I don't see how that wasn't clear. I didn't mean it to be snarky or demeaning in any way. I was under the (now incorrect) impression that I had erred, which is why I asked tamati to clear it up. Simple misunderstanding, no mas...no menos.

I saw the clip, hopefully the correct one (via Huffpost) and I think choosing to view it as a joke/serious quote is a matter of simple confirmation bias. You're against Romney/Republicans, so you see it as possibly serious (possibly, not definitely), while, as a Republican, I see it as a pretty clear joke, what with the dramatic shift in voice inflection and all.

That said, neither one of us was there (I think) so I'm left to rely on the eyewitness accounts, almost all of which confirm my opinion. That is not to say mine is right, just that the objective stance would (in this case) favor it.

I thought pointing out AM's error was a way of correcting, but if not, AM, I am correcting you for your incorrect assessment of a story :)

Last edited:

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Eric_8 was saying that no one has corrected AM on his initial post claiming that the story about Mitt Romney was not a joke, nor was he joking. I'll admit, I didn't get the analogy in the post you're referring to. What's the missing word?

i figured eric was only referring to AM's last post.
willards gaffe was not a joke an intelligent and loving husband would make, esspecially while trying to run for CEO of the USA, unless he is completely out of touch with both feelings and reality.
its like joking about his family dog "who knew animal lovers would freak when i tied the dog to the roof? dogs love wind, right?" - it would be both unfunny and distasteful. kinda like insulting the person that brought you cookies as a welcome gift.

the word that is missing (imo) is "promised"

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i figured eric was only referring to AM's last post.
willards gaffe was not a joke an intelligent and loving husband would make, esspecially while trying to run for CEO of the USA, unless he is completely out of touch with both feelings and reality.
its like joking about his family dog "who knew animal lovers would freak when i tied the dog to the roof? dogs love wind, right?" - it would be both unfunny and distasteful. kinda like insulting the person that brought you cookies as a welcome gift.

the word that is missing (imo) is "promised"

if it was a serious moment, he's an ignoramus. If it was in jest, he's a cold-hearted husband, incapable of love.

I'm sure you (both) do because you do not strike me as nincompoops (unlike a good few on this site, Liberal AND Conservative), but you realize that you're putting Romney in an impossible situation, one in which he is incapable of escaping without some flaw, much in the same way y'all choose to bash on Conservatives who bash on Obama no matter what he says/does, don't you?

Pot, meet kettle?

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
Twas the intent good sir. I asked him if he was referencing the initial post, which would likely be found at or near the beginning of the thread. I don't see how that wasn't clear. I didn't mean it to be snarky or demeaning in any way. I was under the (now incorrect) impression that I had erred, which is why I asked tamati to clear it up. Simple misunderstanding, no mas...no menos.

I saw the clip, hopefully the correct one (via Huffpost) and I think choosing to view it as a joke/serious quote is a matter of simple confirmation bias. You're against Romney/Republicans, so you see it as possibly serious (possibly, not definitely), while, as a Republican, I see it as a pretty clear joke, what with the dramatic shift in voice inflection and all.

That said, neither one of us was there (I think) so I'm left to rely on the eyewitness accounts, almost all of which confirm my opinion. That is not to say mine is right, just that the objective stance would (in this case) favor it.

I thought pointing out AM's error was a way of correcting, but if not, AM, I am correcting you for your incorrect assessment of a story :)

Then that was my fault, I'm almost as bad at telling when someone is being sarcastic as I am at relaying my own sarcasm (just ask any of my former friends here).

In all honesty, I'm sure Mitt was joking, though I do find it to be an odd joke. The clip I saw was so short and cut off as soon as Romney stopped talking so it was impossible for me to judge the reaction he got in person. To be clear though, I'm not against Republicans at all, it just seems the current bunch that are making all the headlines are quite extreme. While we're on the subject of Republicans, do you genuinely believe that Mitt Romney is the best they have to offer as president?

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then that was my fault, I'm almost as bad at telling when someone is being sarcastic as I am at relaying my own sarcasm (just ask any of my former friends here).

In all honesty, I'm sure Mitt was joking, though I do find it to be an odd joke. The clip I saw was so short and cut off as soon as Romney stopped talking so it was impossible for me to judge the reaction he got in person. To be clear though, I'm not against Republicans at all, it just seems the current bunch that are making all the headlines are quite extreme. While we're on the subject of Republicans, do you genuinely believe that Mitt Romney is the best they have to offer as president?

No I don't, and I am no great fan of Romney, though I still rate him far above Obama.

I blame the need for the extreme lingo on the current political spectrum, especially in the way news is handled, regardless of the source. Their is such a noticeable (fairly so) fear about slipping with a silly quote and getting caught in the "gotcha" clip that has become so necessary with the 24 hour news cycle. And yes, I find Democrats guilty of the extremism just the same, though I'm sure that agreement will not be found here.

If Libertarian hadn't replaced Independent as the "I don't know anything" of the modern political lingo, I would gladly claim to be one. The only social issue that draws some consternation from me is abortion, though nothing close to the idiotic hard-right stance. Other than that, social issues don't bother me much, but it's the fiscal concerns I have, though the sad reality is that neither of the two big parties are likely to do much in the way of fiscal responsibility :/

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
No I don't, and I am no great fan of Romney, though I still rate him far above Obama.

I blame the need for the extreme lingo on the current political spectrum, especially in the way news is handled, regardless of the source. Their is such a noticeable (fairly so) fear about slipping with a silly quote and getting caught in the "gotcha" clip that has become so necessary with the 24 hour news cycle. And yes, I find Democrats guilty of the extremism just the same, though I'm sure that agreement will not be found here.

If Libertarian hadn't replaced Independent as the "I don't know anything" of the modern political lingo, I would gladly claim to be one. The only social issue that draws some consternation from me is abortion, though nothing close to the idiotic hard-right stance. Other than that, social issues don't bother me much, but it's the fiscal concerns I have, though the sad reality is that neither of the two big parties are likely to do much in the way of fiscal responsibility :/

You rate Romney far above Obama in what capacity?

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry Cruz, I cannot possibly engage you in conversation given your 2 postings I've seen in other threads...it's simply not worth my time or frustration. Cheers though.