Mittelschmerz

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you in tune with yours?

In my early years mine was like clockwork. It was a fine sharp pain that felt like a sewing needle being drawn slowly through an ovary. It lasted about two minutes during which I dared not move, then was gone. It was more common on my left hand side but did switch. I guessed at the time what it signified but never really knew for sure.

Nowadays the pain isn't so fine tuned. Or brief. What used to be the sensation of a thin needle is now more like the feeling of having the ovary squeezed over the course of a few hours. It's lovely.:mad:

It's still more prevalent on the left.

How well do you know yours and has it changed over time?

Mittelschmerz: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Gillette, it is normal for it to get more painful over the years. The corpus luteum (the follicle where the egg pops out) gets injured during the ovulation process and the more ovulate the more painful these nerves become and scarred over even. The surface of the ovary takes a beating to burst the egg out and over our entire fertile lifetime the less we ovulate the risk of ovarian cancer goes down because the process allows for more potential for abnormal cell growth on the ovaries (aka ovarian tumors to grow)

When i was a teenager i always knew when i ovulated by the copious amounts of clear eggwhite cervical fluid that accompanies that time in a lot of women. When i was in my early twenties and on fertility drugs to get pregnant, i only knew i ovulated by doing the Basal Body Temperature method and by looking back in my cycle to see when the temperature spiked and stays high the day after ovulation until your next period.

I get these weird twinges of pain that feels just like an ovarian cyst or something. But i've been on the birthcontrol pill continuously for almost 8 years now. So i am likely not ovulating when i feel that but it has more to do with nerves in that area.

Gotta love the word Mittelschmerz and for those of you who don't know, it means Middle Pain, pain in the ovary in the middle of the cycle.

Now this is a REAL WOMEN'S ISSUE indeed.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was fertile without medication, I felt it most months. Sometimes I could feel the pain on both sides, and figured I must be dropping two those months. In fact, I don't think I ever felt pain on the right without feeling it on the left. It's been a long time though, and I don't really remember. I never knew this pain had a name though.

Like Rouge, I too release a very thick, clear fluid around the time of ovulation. It seems like I make much less of that fluid lately, but I haven't been ovulating every month.

Last edited:

Chaotica

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay