Mixed-gender college dorm rooms

Would you share a mixed-gender dorm room?

• I'm male and I would share a room with a woman.

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • I'm male and I am unsure if I would share.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I'm male and I would not share a room with a woman.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • I'm female and I would share a room with a man.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I'm female and I am unsure if I would share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm female and I would not share a room with a man.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other. (Please describe in comments.)

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
From the Los Angeles Times Newspaper article: Mixed-gender dorm rooms are gaining acceptance.

"About 50 schools in the U.S., including a few Ivy League campuses and several in California, are allowing men and women to room together. Participation is still relatively low."

Would you share a dorm room with somebody of a different gender?

Would allow / advocate mixed-gender dorm rooms?

GayJapan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lets stop the survey now. The results...

100% of male respondents would share a dorm room with a woman.

I call this statistical technique the 'Fox News Method'

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't like sharing a room. Period.

I don't have anything against mixed gender rooms, though

D_Cateryke Cheesysmell

Experimental Member
Media
I shared a house with a couple women while in college, but a dorm room would be a different animal. Considering most dorm rooms are about the size of a prison cell, I think this would be a special kind of hell.

Does any college man really want to put up with a PMS-ing woman he can't get more than 8 feet away from without leaving his room? Does he want to risk living with some horrendous skank who brings the basketball team back for a six-some? Does he want to put up with her fat/ugly/bitchy friends coming over and judging him? On top of all the normal roommate compatability issues?

All that on the infinitely small chance that, 1.) she is attractive, 2.) she is attracted to him or has a friend who is, and 3.) that none of the aforementioned conditions will be met and cancel the first two out.

This does not seem like a good idea from a straight man's point of view.

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would share a room with a person of any gender. It's not the gender that matters to me.

It's whether the person cleans up their own stuff, doesn't blast the room with loud music all the time, won't have a drama scene 3 times per week, and doesn't come home drunk and puke all over the place. I've met women and men who've done all that so they are not on my list of possible roommates. I've also met men and women are keep a clean home, don't get all anxious over minor issues, and pay the rent on time. Those are the types who are good roommate material.

D

deleted509196

I'm female and depending on the person would probably share with a man or a woman if in the situation.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
no good will come of this. you might like her and she might bang a bunch of other dudes and you will have to be there for it. she might like you but not be bangable except after a few drinks or she might get attached when you just want to bang. you guys might both like each other and then it end badly and still have to live together. if none of those things happen she might make you clean stuff more often than you would and who needs that?

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
for the record my best friend is a female and kind of slutty. the old fashioned dude in me would want to fight some of the assholes she brings back so it is best that im not there. once i went back to her place to bang a friend of hers who was visiting and she was bringing home this frat guy who kept calling her miss piggy whenever she left the room because she is a little chubby. i wanted to kill him but wanted her friend more. on a night im not getting laid i would have just dropped him.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How gallant of you dude... though she most likely would have begun coming on to you if you did such a thing, are you ready for that?

I lived in mixed gender dorms at uni, but the sexes within the room itself were never mixed. All the things you posted about are true issues that would further complicate the problems of dorm room sharing to begin with. As it was I would get crushes on my roomies and make things awkward anyway. That rate would go sky high with opposite sex sharing commonplace.