Mixed signals, flirting, curious or just talking trash.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by str8bro1, Jul 22, 2011.

1. str8bro1

str8bro1 Member

Not trying to make more out of this than is rightfully there but am somewhat confused. A liitle history first...
    My best friend is 29 and 14 years younger than me. I'm 43 and although that's a fairly large age gap we just naturally connected from the very start. We've been friends for three years now. He is happily married, very masculine as I am, but very much connected to his heart. About two years ago we confessed to eachother that when younger we both had jacked off with a buddy. He views it as something wrong and I guess the older I get I just don't see it as that big a deal. Anyway we talked about it but disagree on the subject.

Over the last year or so he has surprised me with comments he's made. All have been a "joke" but I'm not so sure. Things like "you would suck my dick if I asked you to!" of course I replied w "heck no - but a handjob isn't out of the question. Lol" he though I went to far w my comment. As if his wasn't! He has always given me compliments about my physique, appearance and style choices. All good stuff. Thing is he's gotten drunk twice and each time says things like "look at you bro - Damn!" and told our wives I was "sexy". While on our way home from a party he reached over and grabbed my face - held it as you would a child's. It was probably the most intimate thing he's ever done. All things that make me feel great but wonder if he'd want to get more close physically. Im not talking sex but possibly jacking off.

Once while we were swimming I took off my trunks and skinny dipped in his pool but he refused to join me on it. I just laughed it off.

Are these mixed signals? Or am I seeing what I want to see?

2. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I think he has the feelings but culture or family or whatever won't allow him to accept it.

3. B_Castello

B_Castello New Member

Maybe he didn't wanna skinny dipped because he go scared of getting a hardon OR he was scared that you would make a move on him... Signals could be confusing... wait some more.

4. dolfette

Gold Member

i think you're seeing what you want to see.

5. str8bro1

str8bro1 Member

For me the drunk talk is something that just makes me tilt my head wonder if he meant it. Context of how and when he said it would indicate so but still...he was drunk. And trust me "sexy" and "look at him...damn!" are so specific to my physique but on a more sensual side I think. Made my day for sure - I have a great deal of respect for this guy.

6. dolfette

Gold Member

maybe he's less up tight than most men.
    women compliment each other this way.
    men often take our compliments as flirt.

7. str8bro1

str8bro1 Member

That's an excellent point - he communicates freely most of the time and is known for not always filtering himself. But I actually like that about him. He says whatever be thinks. But this was just at a level Im not used to I guess.

8. str8bro1

str8bro1 Member

I'd never "make a move on him". That would not go over well. Lol plus it's just not my way. If something ever where to happen it would be far more organic and not planned. Deep down I hope someday we could be that close to do together what we'd do alone anywaybut I'm not holding my breath.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

you get that a lot in men who have close, strong relationships with a mother and/or sister, or grew up with a lot of female friends.

10. B_Castello

B_Castello New Member

Well I'm having a similar situation... and it is very confusing. I dont know if you saw my post about it!

11. str8bro1

str8bro1 Member

Good lord are you a psychic? He was very close to his mother. Still is. In fact, I've visited his parents home and was blown away by how freely they talk. Funny thing is that I grew up in a female dominated home. So explains why I'm comfortable with his communication style.

12. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm clever & shit :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted