MJ... enough already.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Big leagues" ? :tongue: Oh my. But it was a minor skirmish.

What pray tell thirdknee did you want to "mix up"?

I'm not here to be unkind or argue. It's not my idea of fun. Therefore why not move along to another candidate on whom you may be able to exact your cause?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But it's going on over a week now. A memorial service in an arena? A bit much. Not even deceased Popes get this kind of send off. Saint Michael of Gary Indiana he's not.

Hello? Doesn't this show you that he is bigger than all of those people? Even the pope can't step to Michael Jackson's level of fame and popularity. 4 times as many viewers tuned it for it than they did the pope's funeral, not including the large number of online viewers MJ had.

Apparently the arena wasn't big enough.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the url's not working Monster

chicagosam said:
It seems that this thread has gone off track from the original subject matter and has deteriorated into a personal conflict.

Enough already.

More than enough. True.

There appears to be a delinquency problem with the disenfranchized needing to work out their angst off-topically.

Anyhow;

Monster? I'm interested in that url you posted. Can you fix it please?

Last edited:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just go to smokinggun.com and look for MJ, it might be just one g

The pope has had millions in his audience and it was in person.

Last edited:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hello? Doesn't this show you that he is bigger than all of those people? Even the pope can't step to Michael Jackson's level of fame and popularity. 4 times as many viewers tuned it for it than they did the pope's funeral, not including the large number of online viewers MJ had.

Apparently the arena wasn't big enough.
Are You actually saying this with a straight face?
You do realize that John Lennon was nearly crucified by the press for making a similar statement in 1966...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The pope was in reference to the yahoo who compared pope and MJ

Thanks.

Well... it's a strange thing.

Where I think the Pope (took everything in me to capitalize that word) is probably one of the most intellectually corrupt forces on this earth I think Michael Jackson's heart was pure.

**ducks for cover

I think the two are not comparable.

One is eons of ritual, pomp, circumstance, and corruption.

The other is cultural relevance to some.

In my view the Roman Catholic church is holding back the evolution of the human spirit in nearly everything it does.

In my view the RC Church should have been put on trial for child abuse.

OH WAIT!!! They were. Many RC priests not very far from where I write this were found to REALLY be pedophiles.

Hmmmmmmm... makes ya kinda think don't it? :rolleyes:

disclaimer:

Please know that I come from four hundred-plus years of Protestants. This take is mother's milk to me. When someone converted in my family to Roman Catholicism the popular phrase was "so-and-so has gone over to Rome".

LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not even deceased Popes get this kind of send off.

You do realize that John Lennon was nearly crucified by the press for making a similar statement in 1966...

Am I missing something here? You brought up the fact that popes don't even get these kind of send offs, not me...so did you say it with a straight face or are you now back tracking on that comment? Do they or don't they?

Yes my face is extremely straight. If I go ask 10 people today for the name of the pope, I'd say maybe 3 people would know his name? I could go ask 10 more people, "Hey, what was the name of that pope that died?" I'd say probably 3 people would know that one too. Sorry buddy, not everyone gives a shit about the church, or the pope. A lot more people don't even know who the pope is. I know people in my generation and younger have absolutely no idea. "Who is the fucking pope now anyway?"

I have never met a person, any age, who did not know who Michael Jackson was. Michael Jackson was one person, one of a kind. The pope is an interchangeable person apparently. 5 popes since Michael Jackson was born? Besides, the "pope" doesn't really possess any special talents or powers. Just an old white man who is elected to reign over a congregation of corruption and greed. Michael did it all on his own "god given" talent ("god given" as some would say...ironic isn't it?). Wow, more "god given" talent than the pope himself, how bout that?!

So why do I give a shit if John Lennon was nearly crucified [how ironic isn't it...]? And was it realllly by the press, or the church itself that wanted him crucified??? Galileo was also almost crucified and sentenced to house arrest for life for speaking the truth so the roman catholic church has lots of credibility...isn't it the priests being found guilty of what Michael Jackson was found NOT GUILTY of? Am I still missing something here??!

I also don't think John Lennon was really incorrect in his statements. Is there actually proof that Jesus really lived? Did you think he really did the things that are attributed to him? Or was he the first great con man of modern times? The David Koresh of Classical Antiquity perhaps? And I would venture so far as to say, and I have said before on this website long before he passed, that Michael Jackson is the only human being on this planet who can illicit a similar response in people as only Jesus (allegedly) could. People touch people who have touched Michael Jackson and they faint. Jesus walked on water, Michael walked on the moon.

Michael transcended a lot of things. Michael was chosen by GOD (right?) to do the moonwalk and to be able to sing and inspire, and he used those gifts to donate millions to charities, children, and for the fight against AIDS in Africa, among others. The pope was chosen by man to...say a few words every now and then? Make some Moses-like statement every now and then and expect the world to abide by it? Does he inspire people to sing and dance, two of mankind's most primal and deep seeded rituals (from long before "religion" was ever created by man)?

I think Michael's farewell was well earned and well deserved. And apparently well witnessed from around the world.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Am I missing something here? You brought up the fact that popes don't even get these kind of send offs, not me...so did you say it with a straight face or are you now back tracking on that comment? Do they or don't they?

Yes my face is extremely straight. If I go ask 10 people today for the name of the pope, I'd say maybe 3 people would know his name? I could go ask 10 more people, "Hey, what was the name of that pope that died?" I'd say probably 3 people would know that one too. Sorry buddy, not everyone gives a shit about the church, or the pope. A lot more people don't even know who the pope is. I know people in my generation and younger have absolutely no idea. "Who is the fucking pope now anyway?"

I have never met a person, any age, who did not know who Michael Jackson was. Michael Jackson was one person, one of a kind. The pope is an interchangeable person apparently. 5 popes since Michael Jackson was born? Besides, the "pope" doesn't really possess any special talents or powers. Just an old white man who is elected to reign over a congregation of corruption and greed. Michael did it all on his own "god given" talent ("god given" as some would say...ironic isn't it?). Wow, more "god given" talent than the pope himself, how bout that?!

So why do I give a shit if John Lennon was nearly crucified [how ironic isn't it...]? And was it realllly by the press, or the church itself that wanted him crucified??? Galileo was also almost crucified and sentenced to house arrest for life for speaking the truth so the roman catholic church has lots of credibility...isn't it the priests being found guilty of what Michael Jackson was found NOT GUILTY of? Am I still missing something here??!

I also don't think John Lennon was really incorrect in his statements. Is there actually proof that Jesus really lived? Did you think he really did the things that are attributed to him? Or was he the first great con man of modern times? The David Koresh of Classical Antiquity perhaps? And I would venture so far as to say, and I have said before on this website long before he passed, that Michael Jackson is the only human being on this planet who can illicit a similar response in people as only Jesus (allegedly) could. People touch people who have touched Michael Jackson and they faint. Jesus walked on water, Michael walked on the moon.

Michael transcended a lot of things. Michael was chosen by GOD (right?) to do the moonwalk and to be able to sing and inspire, and he used those gifts to donate millions to charities, children, and for the fight against AIDS in Africa, among others. The pope was chosen by man to...say a few words every now and then? Make some Moses-like statement every now and then and expect the world to abide by it? Does he inspire people to sing and dance, two of mankind's most primal and deep seeded rituals (from long before "religion" was ever created by man)?

I think Michael's farewell was well earned and well deserved. And apparently well witnessed from around the world.

I agree.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'll bet if You were in the room with me You'd have been wagging Your finger in my face throughout this whole rant, wouldn't You?
I agree that Lennon was probably on the mark (I'm an agnostic, incidentally) - and I also agree that M.J. earned his adoration.
...But I still say it was a bit too over the top. I mean really - a casket in the Staples Center? :boggled:
...And I still say being deemed "not guilty" doesn't necessarily = innocent (this goes for priests, as well as M.J., BTW).

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Well, I guess Skull is showing his other Obsession next to Adam Lambert, but all it really goes to show is that people will jump on any bandwagon. Yes I do believe some of the "revelers" had honest, heartfelt motives, but most were just hoping to get their pics in some paper, or just PARTY....Some people have VERY dull lives.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I guess Skull is showing his other Obsession next to Adam Lambert, but all it really goes to show is that people will jump on any bandwagon. Yes I do believe some of the "revelers" had honest, heartfelt motives, but most were just hoping to get their pics in some paper, or just PARTY....Some people have VERY dull lives.
I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a good many were there simply for the 'positive' press.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes I do believe some of the "revelers" had honest, heartfelt motives, but most were just hoping to get their pics in some paper, or just PARTY....Some people have VERY dull lives.

Man, people did the same when Princess Diana died. People did the same when Steve Irwin died. People did the same when James Brown died. People did the same when Elvis Aaron Presley died. They were memorialized by their fans.

Fans cried. They brought wreaths. Erected shrines. Sent letters of condolences. Gifts. Honorariums in their memory.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For the record, I was speaking specifically about the celebrity 'mourners'.

I think all the fans present were there with the most heartfelt and sincerest of motives.