MLB Postseason

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by edonline, Oct 16, 2009.

1. edonline

Gold Member

The Phillies games in the postseason are proving to be real nail-biters but they beat the Dodgers in the first game. LA will need to find a way to go after the Phils' bullpen which won't be easy. I wouldn't be surprised if the Phillies take the series in 5, but it won't be easy if the Dodgers fight back. (And Raul Ibanez proved once again what a great hitter he is when the scoring runs are needed.)

2. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I'm hoping it's Angels and Phillies. Fuck the Yankees (I'm sick of everything always being Yankees this, Yankees that, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees), and fuck the Dodgers. It pains me to say I want the Angels there, because they got lucky and beat my Giants in the World Series some years back, but, I hate those other two teams more, so the Angels get the vote by default.

Yeah, I'm just bitter my team suddenly forgot how play baseball during the last month and a half of the season, after spending the whole season firmly being in second place in the division and solidly on top of the wild card.

So, I'm thrilled the Phillies won. And apparently the team that has won game 1 of the NLCS has gone on to win it 14 out of 16 times. So, there is good hope.

3. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yankees all the way!

4. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

OMG. What a game!

Top of the 11th, Chone Figgins line drives it, Gary Matthews scores! Angels take the lead, 3-2 (I'm so excited I'm typing mid-inning).

Yankees goin' DOWN.

5. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Ah, shit! Alex Rodriguez just homered & freaking ties it. I can't take it. This game has been fantastic since the 5th, but my nerves are frazzled.

6. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Jeez. Bases loaded. Rodriguez pops the ball up into centerfield, easily caught.

Now we're heading into the 13th inning.

10 minutes to 10:00 pm my time. 10 minutes to 1:00 am EST. Rain looks like it's coming down pretty damn hard.

7. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

ah. FUCK! We lost it!! AHHHHHH!! after 5 freaking hours

(now, if one of the mods will kindly delete all my posts on this thread, it would be greatly appreciated!)

8. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I just got home from the Yankees game, most amazing game I've ever been to and I'm not even really a Yankees fan. It was better than game 7 of the NLCS where the Mets lost to the Cardinals that I went to, and I'm a Mets fan...sadly =/

9. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    HAHAHAHAHA! Suck it Angels fans!:tongue:

10. Northland

Gold Member

The Pirates win! The Pirates win!

Okay...

Somewhat annoying seeing the Yankees win last night (actually this morning). Don't get me wrong, I love the Yankees. I just didn't want them having a successful season after all that money spent on Sabathia and the new stadium.

Ideal world series this year would be Dodgers-Yankees, with the Dodgers taking it (the title) at Yankee Stadium and the fans all cheering Joe Torre who was given the unceremonious push out the door when Steinbrenner only was willing to offer the man a 1 year contract after all his years of service.

11. edonline

Gold Member

The Yankees... the best team money can buy. :biggrin1: Seriously though, they do have some great players and if the management can afford to go out and get them and keep them on contract, good for them. Having said that, it would be nice to see them taken down a peg or two, just for humility's sake.

12. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Considering how crappy the Phils' bullpen is, that might be the easiest obstacle for the Dodgers to overcome. Maybe they should just wait for Utley to throw over a teammate's head!

13. edonline

Gold Member

I don't know what is up with Utley. During the last game, where he missed the catch and the ball landed near the during, I was calling him every curse word in the English language. And that wasn't the first time he missed a ball too.

14. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I still have such very, very, extremely fond memories of the 2001 World Series, where it was the Yankees vs. the Diamondbacks. Those Yankee walk-offs in games 4 and 5 were so disappointing, but that game 7 was so goddamn fucking worth it, it can't be put into words. Getting completely destroyed in game 6 15-2 was really nice, but game 7 was more memorable. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Diamondbacks too (division rivals of the Giants and all that), but that World Series and it's outcome was mother fucking beautiful.

15. uncircumsized

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Looks like the Yankees gonna go to the World Series. As for the PHI/LA series, that's a toss up

16. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Fuck the Yankees.

17. ital8

ital8 New Member

Go Yankees!!! Woohoo!! Last night's game was awesome!!

18. edonline

Gold Member

Going into the 9th, Phillies are beating the Dodgers 11-0. Cliff Lee pitched excellently tonight as well as hitting too and the Phils scored a couple of in the park home runs.

19. Northland

Gold Member

Which ones? You want Sabathia or Chamberlain?

20. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

DAMN DAMN DAMN! Posada freaking homers at the top of the 8th! AHHHH!

But Big Daddy Vlady is BACK! He's out of his SLUMP!! All hail Big Daddy! Let's GO HALOS! You Yankees going down!

(as you can tell, the game is still very much in progress!)

Draft saved Draft deleted