MLB Postseason

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cliff Lee is doing good. Going into the third inning and he's allowed only one Yankee to get on base. The Phillies got on the first inning but weren't able to get anyone home. First scoring run of the night in the 3rd by Chase Utley!

Last edited:

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Phillies leading 5-0 at the top of the 9th. Cliff Lee was excellent tonight, not only with pitching but making some phenomenal catches on the mound.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First pitch of game 4 to be made in a couple of hours-weather permitting.

Last night was a nail-biter. Pettitte loading the bases and still only the one out and then it was the end of the second and the Yankees were down by a score of 3-0. It was then that things improved. Who knew Pettitte could actually hit a ball? Who knew the luck that would have Roodriguez hitting the ball into a camera, which converted his double into an automatic HR?

Most puzzling-actually absurd-statement came this morning when the reporter said that "Pettitte pitched superbly." Not in the second inning he didn't. In fact most of his pitching reminded me of the Cleveland fiasco which got the Yankees knocked out in round one of playoffs a few years back when Pettitte blew it.

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Go Yankees!! Talk about a nailbiter!! I think tomorrow night's game is going to be a tough one, though.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a life-long Phillies fan, but seeing how these guys are playing, the Yankees deserve to win the Series, seeing how well they've been doing. I think part of the Phils' problem is that they rely too much on their pitching until it's too late and then they can't rally to come ahead. They've been hitting, but not powerful enough to drive home runs. Look at the 9th tonight, they had hits but they were easy outs.

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Even as a Yankee's fan, I don't count the Phillies out. I don't count any team out until the final pitch. I've seen too many crazy plays and series changing moments that could quickly take a lead away. Granted the chances of the Yankees winning the Series are much greater than the Phillies, but I know tonight's game will be tough to win because of Cliff Lee's pitching.

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
It doesn't look good for the Yanks at the bottom of the 7th, down 8-2. That's OK, we'll win it in NY, in front of the fans at New Yankee Stadium, the way it's meant to be. Unless, there is a miracle finish by the Yanks, I see this series heading back to NY.

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Phillies won it. But it was very close at the end. I have to hand it to the Yanks for not giving up even though they were two runs shy of tying it. I'm actually happy that the Yanks won two out of the three games in Phillie. Honestly, I was predicting the Yanks to win one out of three in Phillie. But now it's back to NY. The odds are still good. Go Yankees!!

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Am I the only one who finds these WS games too nerve-wracking to watch live on TV? I have to know who won, then I can watch the DVR playback and relax & enjoy it...
I grew up in a family from Philly who mostly all settled in the NJ area and became Yanks fans. So these are the two teams I watched most all my life, and are thus my two favourite teams. Either team winning would make me happy. Of course, the fact that I crush shamefully on Chase Utley does make me a bit biased toward the Phils... :biggrin1:

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Yes the games are nerve-wracking, especially from the 7th inning on. I don't get too worried what happens earlier in the game as to whether the Yankees are winning or losing, but around the 7th inning on my stomach is in knots.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bottom of the 7th, 2 out, 1 on.

Posada is given a walk and we have a man on 1st and another on second. Cano can break this game wide open (well wider, since it's a 7-3 Yankees lead).

Ball 1
Strike 1 (he missed it by a good 2 inches)
Ball 2
Strike 2

The count is 2 an 2

The umpire is pacing like he needs to take a leak.

Eyre is making dating plans with the catcher (I swear, the guy came up and put his arm around the pitcher's (Eyre's) waist).

And a swing and a miss and the inning closes with 2 stranded as we head into the 8th.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Phillies have got to get everything in order during spring training. While they made it to the World Series, and I'm sure they'll do it again next season, I think their biggest problems were that they realied too much on pitching and on their power hitters, some of whom didn't produce many runs in the Series. They need to have the mindset that whoever is up needs to think of themselves as a power hitter or the ace pitcher. I'd also like to see Hamels return, but i hope he gets some kind of help during the off-season. The only one who knows what was going through his head is Hamels himself and I hope he gets his stuff together. Other than all of that, it was a great series and the Phils were out-batted by some powerful hitters, especially Matsui (although I think the DH should be a thing of the past).