MMA

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ganja4me, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are there any fellow mma fans here?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

I used to be a member of the Metropolitan Museum of Art when I was an art history major back in the early 90's. However, given your colorful moniker I'm guessing you aren't talking about that.:tongue: :biggrin1:

3. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL nope. I'm talking about like UFC or Pride fighting. It's my favorite sport.

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

dunno what the abreviation stands for, so no idea

I've always wanted to visit that place but never quite got the chance. However from the way you describe it there, njqt, I can see it'd be worth it.

sorry, that sport really doesn't appeal to me. I find any and all kinds of extremely brutal fighting competitions just not to my liking.

5. sdg475

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I prefer normal boxing. While MMA competitors are certainly respectable and tough as nails, I find boxing to be more of a SPORT. I'm not proclaiming that boxing requires anymore athleticism than MMA (i'd say the contrary is true), but MMA is often too brutal to watch. Its no holds barred style is so real that it's hard to watch and enjoy (for me).

6. B_ironsoul

B_ironsoul New Member

I like it. I have a soft spot for tough guys. Those guys are fucking crazy. I want to take care of their wounds.... :)

7. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

I dont know dude, I did muay thai for years, mixed with a lil bit of BBJ, however I wasn't ever very good I guess since i have a big dick, I didn't have the chip on my shoulder needed to excel.
    All the guys I see with their 'tap out' shirts and tough guy shit make me laugh my ass off though.
    :p
    D

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

It is on a level of hard fighting, but man, those guys go way beyond fighting to total brutality. UFC & similar competitions are what was almost described in BLOODSPORT as " a cockfight, only with men"

9. burns1de

Gold Member

Yup, that would be me. I've watched MMA since the days of UFC 1, when I was like 14 (back when it was called No-Holds Barred fighting and such - check out Joe Riggs, he's got 'NHB' tattoo on one of his arms). I was pretty pissed when Zuffa bought out PRIDE FC but oh well, I'll live to learn with it now, it's not like I have a choice.

10. Shelby

Gold Member

I like that shit.

But I like this shit even more. I'm probably demented.

11. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

that was kinda hot.

12. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

I think they spend too much time lying between each others legs.

The take downs I never get. In wrestling you can really fuck up a guy if you raise up your knee to hit his face to meet his lunge. Then invariably in a take down fight where he has his arms wrapped around your waist or leg and you are extending you have a wide open back for elbow shots to the kidneys or even lung popping blows.

Yeah, tuff guys but the rules have them rolling around too much. Then who really, really wants to hurt somebody. Not them.

13. B_ironsoul

B_ironsoul New Member

haha watching girls fight is halarious. That looked kinda painful, but that was still silly.

14. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

That was fucking hilarious. I wonder if they popped ear drums?

Have you heard lately as little as 15 blows to the head causes brain damage indicators in boxers that is very much like a minor stroke?

The protein indicators dissappear after 3 months but still....

15. datdude

datdude New Member

MMA is the best. It killed boxing for me. Boxing is so boring and those guys would get their ass kicked in the UFC. I like to watch the best, so I rather watch UFC.

IcemMan and The Natural are the best.

16. Male Bonding etc

Gold Member

What's wrong with me? I've never been a fan of hitting OR slapping!

17. Duality

Duality New Member

Wedge a D between those M's and I'm there.

18. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't really think it's that bad. From my knowledge there has never been a death in the octagon but people have been killed in boxing matches. You're probably less likely to be seriously injured in the UFC than in the NFL. The fighters usually just get a couple bumps, cuts, and bruises and are able to show each other respect after the fight is over. What helps fighters not get injured too badly besides being able to defend themselves really well is they have the ref looking to stop the match once the fighters can no longer intelligently defend themselves and they have doctors to check them for injuries in between rounds or when they get a bad cut. I wouldn't mind trying it out if I had a good trainer but I don't think that is going to happen. I agree with datdude Chuck Liddel and Randy Couture are amazing fighters but lets not forget Royce Gracie or Shamrock when they were in their prime. I'm also a big fan of B.J. Penn and Forrest Griffin.

19. burns1de

Gold Member

No offense, but I think it's pretty obvious that by this description you've given, you haven't watched an MMA bout since the late 90s. To wit:

Well said. The only recorded death to have happened in a MMA event was a couple of years ago in Hungary (IIRC) - the bout was unlicensed and the fighter who died stupidly fought when he had a brain tumor, against the advice of his doctor.

Also, don't forget Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, CroCop, Josh Barnett, Erin Toughill, Ricardo Arona, Sokoudjou and the best of all time, Fedor Emelianenko.

20. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:

Fedor is very good. Mirko CroCop and Anderson Silva really shocked me. When Mirko fought Bob Sapp he made the guy look like a big pussy:biggrin1: I definately wouldn't want to take a kick from him. Anerson Silva came into the UFC just dominating good fighters. I really wasn't expecting that especially against Rich Franklin. ​

Draft saved Draft deleted