MMORPGers among us?

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK so i just thought I'd check it out if anyone of you here plays any onlien RPGs. I', doing EVE myself. (EVE Online) Check it out...also please let me and us know what other things people are doing.

As a side note Id like to point out that I am addicted to games...I love all games: card games, board games, video games, ball games, mind games (can be fun if done tastefully), carnival games, and probalby more that I cant think of. I am also posting this because I was reading a on an gaming import site how America never really developed any good board or other parlor games because we view them as childish. I think its true... I wish we had more. Oh speaking of more...anyone here bought their copy of the 70th anniversary edition of Monopoly... I have a 60th anniversary edition and woudl love to start a colleciton of collectors editions...the Franklin Mint one too...eventually. :) If anyone has old Monopoly sets that theyd like to sell let me know!

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have played most MMO's out there. Ultima Online, Everquest I & II, Lineage II, World of Warcraft, Dark Ages of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies.

So, yes I know the addiction that is MMORPGing. I have been a member of some of the premier gaming organizations through my college years and into graduate school.

Enjoy!

-LongNights-

orbit03

Just Browsing
Media
I've been hooked on World of Warcraft for quite awhile now. Before that, I played Anarchy Online and Neocron. Wife hates them all. :)

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've paid to play Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft (which I am currently playing). I beta stress tested Anarchy Online, and tried a free trial of Star Wars Galaxies.

I can't wait for Middle Earth Online, Pirates of the Burning Sea, and Pirates of The Carribean MMORPG.

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@May 5 2005, 02:26 PM
I've never understood those things. the idea of playing video games against other people on the internet is not one that appeals to me. :shrug:
[post=308295]Quoted post[/post]​

Not a bad outlet for stress. Plus it is a nice way to keep in touch with friends all across the globe. I do know it is not for everyone though.

-LongNights-

ps - WoW is probably one of the better games out. You might wanna check Guild Wars...I personally am looking forward to D&D-Online.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I'm more of a console RPG guy myself, namely the Final Fantasy series. They're always great. Age of Empires online wuold be fun, but theres no way im gonna pay recurring fees just so i can fight people online, AoE is free, as far as I know.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock@May 5 2005, 01:26 PM
I've never understood those things. the idea of playing video games against other people on the internet is not one that appeals to me. :shrug:

Thats the thing...its much more about playign with ppl than it is against them...

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by wispandex_bulge+May 5 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wispandex_bulge &#064; May 5 2005, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@May 5 2005, 01:26 PM
I&#39;ve never understood those things. the idea of playing video games against other people on the internet is not one that appeals to me. :shrug:

Thats the thing...its much more about playign with ppl than it is against them...
[post=308345]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
sure sounds the same to me. paying money to play videogames on the internet when I can go talk to my friends in real life for free?? THE MIND BOGGLES&#33;&#33;

D

deleted111

I have been playing MMORPGs for quite a while.
I played Ultima Online briefly.
Everquest at release.
Don&#39;t like EQ 2.
SWG at release.
DAOC at release. 8 Level 50s later UGH :(
City of Heroes.
World of Warcraft.

I was so into Everquest I was even a Senior Guide for 3 years.

ANyways,

Nate

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to try to go for the other aspect of my post...what about other games? What games do you enjoy? There are so many and i do love them so. Tellme about some creative new or unique ones...

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Shad@May 5 2005, 09:51 PM
es·cap·ism Audio pronunciation of "escapism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-skpzm)
n.

The tendency to escape from daily reality or routine by indulging in daydreaming, fantasy, or entertainment.

Courtesy of www.dictionary.com
[post=308371]Quoted post[/post]​
yeah, I was kinda pointing out the irony of escapism that you have to work to pay for :eek:

I don&#39;t have a PROBLEM with those games or people playing them, I&#39;m just saying it seems like they&#39;re a ripoff in terms of both money and braincells.

Britannic

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I play Ultima Online (been playing it for nearly 8 years), City of Heroes (since beta), World of Warcraft (since beta) and Guild Wars right now.

I have played Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Uru: Ages of Myst (I have a beta-test credit too in game credits and on website) and Star Wars.

I&#39;m waiting on the Alpha Test acceptance for Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh no, they didn&#39;t scrap it, but I forgot, about a week ago they did change the name to Lord of the Rings Online

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@May 5 2005, 10:26 AM
I&#39;ve never understood those things. the idea of playing video games against other people on the internet is not one that appeals to me. :shrug:
I don&#39;t either, but it probably adds replay value. I remember when Mortal Kombat first came out. Infinitely replayable, because you never know who your opponent will be at the arcade. It might be your best friend, your brother, or a stranger. Pokémon was the RPG equivalent, even if it mostly appeals to people young to remember when Mortal Kombat came out. (Infinitely replayable one-player games are rare. Yoda Stories, with its randomly generated levels, is the most famous one I can think of I can think of.) I guess with the net, that just goes global, but cooperative instead of competitive.

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for other games and the likes:

I used to play paper D&D but that was limited. I enjoyed Magic:The Gathering in my high school years. Everquest really consumed my life in college. I played pretty much all day long. EQ evolved into the other MMORPGs quickly....and now I am sitting in WoW at the moment.

Regarding the idea of escapism, I would agree its fun to do things in a game that you can&#39;t in real life. Please though don&#39;t mistake the fun of video games for that of a recluse. I thoroughly enjoy bowling and basketball. To be honest the reason I play games so much is that I spend most of my time at the computer anyways and I don&#39;t actually watch much TV.

Enjoy&#33;

-LongNights-