1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Mobile LPSG

Discussion in 'Announcements, Questions, Sharing Ideas' started by OCMuscleJock, Apr 14, 2010.

1. OCMuscleJock

OCMuscleJock Superior Member

Albums:
    I was wondering what would it take to make a Mobile LPSG for like Iphone and Windows mobile. Here are a few suggestions for how it should work...

* Let the mobile user to pick from the catagories and mark as fave so that when they bring it up on their phones ...only those show up instead of loading everything on the site. However, it will let you have an option to view entire site at the bottom.

* Access to Gallery pics and profiles. And for phones that have gps...a grinder like function to let those that want to put in location to meet others from the site to be able to do so. *again..something you can choose to do in your settings* with pvt. messaging and real time pic swap for camera phones.

* Access to Videos... *some of the higher end phones allow streaming vids*

These are just some ideas...and It would also increase the traffic on this site tremendously and more interaction for those that wish to do so. I'm sure many other ideas are gonna come up...but I figure, on this site, we have some VERY talented people that can make Mobile LPSG a reality. *if it's not already in the works* I didn't use the search function to look it up before I wrote this out...It's about 5am for me and I've not been to bed, so not thinking too swiftly at the moment. :)

OC

McAdam likes this.
  2. formerex

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh god yes! I browse on my phone more than my computer, that'd help a lot, especially browsing videos...

McAdam likes this.
  3. Gillette

Gillette Sexy Member

Albums:
    I just watched a video from the gallery on a 4yr old phone. Then again it's also a pocket pc.

What kind of phones are out now that don't support vids?

4. oakenrod

oakenrod Banned

i do like the idea of a iphone app. though apple will never let that fly. jerks

5. OCMuscleJock

Albums:
    Apple has Grindr! omg...how could they not support it?

6. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think LPSG works fine on my mobile as it is. You can argue pro/con new functionality, but I think the basic LPSG site works just fine as it is (both on iPhone, WindowsMobile and Android) - and quite fast.

7. Industrialsize

Gold Member

Albums:
    LPSG is fully functional on my Iphone.

8. OCMuscleJock

Albums:
    the point of a mobile app is to streamline the site for quicker use, look at the ideas that I put in my OP... I have a droid and it works GREAT..but had another phone two weeks ago and it sucked royally to try to download everything. Not everyone has a droid or Iphone, by making a smaller interface where you can select your fave topics to pop up and the functionality of the gps application...it would be really cool.

9. B_aNMpumpCOACH

point is , woul , wouldn't mind having you as my live in butler - pertrainer

10. OCMuscleJock

Albums:

HAHAHA BUTLER!! RIIIIIGHT!! I don't even like to clean my house. I do...but I don't like it! :)

11. JF

JF
    Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I accessed the site on a phone with a 320 x 240 screen resolution recently - it wasn't idea. Once reading threads, the user profile box to the left & the 'Latest' boxes to the right took up roughly 1/3 of the screen each, meaning there was only 1/3 left to view the posts in. Once you scrolled down past the 'Latest' boxes, there was a lot of wasted white space to the right of the posts. Zooming in helped a lot, but if there was to be a mobile version of LPSG, then some re-formatting to give maximum screen space to the threads / posts would be ideal.

12. Gillette

Gillette Sexy Member

Albums:
    I've found using Opera Mobile or Opera mini helps with this a lot.
    You just tap the area you want to look at and it zooms in, centering and fitting that content (like just the column of post content) to your screen. The only issue I have with it is this means I need to scroll left to find out who made the post.

A mobile version would be nice if it automatically disabled signatures though.
    Would reduce the load time somewhat.

13. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    I use Opera on my Windows Mobile and it does the trick as you point out. It would be nice only to have the name of the poster and then the text itself.

When replying, it would be nice only to have the message field and the submit button - no need for trackback, smileys or the like - at least for me...

14. JF

JF
    Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed - I tried Opera too - it does exactly as you say (as did the phone's built-in browser) but the scrolling is a niggle.

Good suggestion - having everything inline would aid mobile browsing a lot. The Discussion layout in the Social Groups is a good model to follow IMHO.

15. Smooth88

Smooth88 Sexy Member

Albums:
    A Blackberry app would be nice.

16. Gay4Life

Gay4Life Legendary Member

Albums:
    Hey, I have FULL access to this website on my mobile device. Matter of fact, Im using it right as Im typing. Im ale to watch videos, Comment photos and videos, post threds and reply, View photos and videos, and more. My phone is a smart phone with Windows 6.1 I think. I have a smart phone so its just like a real computer, Im able to do the same things as those who are on an actual computer.

17. OCMuscleJock

Albums:
    the purpose of an App is to make things easier and quick on a Mobile phone. Not all phones are able to run fast as others. I have a Motorola Droid now and I dont have problems...but a couple weeks ago I had a Samsung Omnia and It SUCKED royally. IF you reed my OP about having a selection box of the threads you want to show up on your phone...instead of the full list. That would cut down on load times. Most apps allow you to switch back to the full version of the site if you need/want to use it that way. Thats all I'm saying. Maybe even add a quick photo add button for when you snap cell phone pics for the site. :) *for those quick naughty pics...no matter where you take them. :)*

18. busymantm

busymantm Sexy Member

Albums:
    I'd vote for a mobile vbulletin skin instead. Other vbulletin sites are dealing with the same issue. A new skin could trim features and change column defaults and be a much better experience without a massive effort.

The idea of trying to build native code on multiple platforms without constant glitches or revenue to pay for a devs time won't work out.

19. Rob_E

Gold Member

I have looked into a good iphone skin. I'm also working on making the videos available on the iphone and ipad. If you have any insight that you would like to share, please feel free to PM.

Thanks,

Rob

20. DeepDish

DeepDish Experimental Member

Albums:
    Rob_E, have you seen this? It is a vbulletin reader for iPhone, Droid, BlackBerry and Nokia:

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF
    Looks pretty good - it is a free plug-in for administrators to enable it.

The browse only user app is free, the read and post user app is $2.99.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice