1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Moderator/Admin Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements, Questions, Sharing Ideas' started by Rob_E, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Rob_E

Gold Member

Effective today Mindseye has resigned from his position as co-administrator and Kotchanski has been promoted to serve with Pecker as the new co-administrator.

I would like to take this opportunity to give my sincere thanks to Mindseye for his service to LPSG. He has worked very hard over the past few years and deserves our appreciation. I wish him good luck with his endeavors.

Kotchanski is a second time moderator and has shown great skill and tact. I appreciate her willingness to serve as co-administrator.

Best regards,

Rob

2. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    Well, Thanks Mindseye for your support and advice on my new days here, much appreciated.

Wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

Take Care and don't be a stranger. :wavey:

3. Principessa

Principessa Expert Member

Well that sucks, :irked: he was a nice guy. Kotchanski is more than competent though so I have no doubt she can fill his shoes and still dazzle us with her brilliance. :cool:

4. naughty

naughty Sexy Member

First ,

I would like to express my appreciation to Mindseye for his long service to this board. He has been an adminstrator during this current configuration of board moderation under Rob E and previously under its past owner, Mr. Mark. He has weathered much and worked long and hard "in the vineyard" and will be sorely missed in that capacity. THank you, Mindseye!

Kotchanski,

I wish the the very best in your new position as co-administrator for the board and may you have a long and very fruitful time here. I do hope that all here on LPSG will help to make your time in this position a relatively conflict free and efficient one.

5. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator

There is nothing I can add to what Naughty has already said. Thanks Mindseye and good luck Kotch ;)

6. mindseye

mindseye Experimental Member

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes. (You're making me cry!) As some of y'all know, I returned to graduate school in 2003, and I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to start actually writing my dissertation.

This week my volunteer campaign work winds down to a close, and ending my volunteer work here as well has allowed me to clear two things off my plate so that I can finish up that much quicker. I'll still be around, but somewhat less often (I hope!) during the next year so.

Congratulations to Kotchanski on her promotion -- I know she'll do a fantastic job. And thanks to Rob for the opportunity he's given me here; I've definitely enjoyed my time as moderator and then as administrator, and I'll miss it.

Heath

7. Gl3nn

Gl3nn Experimental Member

The best of luck with everything Heath. And thank you for all your work

Congrats to Kotchanski

8. naughty

naughty Sexy Member

Dont start crying! It ruins your rep as a mean son of a gun! LOL! But seriously, I am excited about your moving forward on getting that dissertation done, but we hope that we will continue to feel your presence through your thoughtful posts. THanks again for everything!

9. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Sexy Member

Albums:
    Thank you all for your kind words, especially Rob_E and Heath.

I'm honestly not sure what to say, never was very good at this type of thing. I'm going to miss having you around Heath, I just hope we still get to see you and that I can live up to the standard you've set.

Thank you all again.

Kotch

10. ManlyBanisters

ManlyBanisters Sexy Member

Hey - cool news!

I mean the Kotch appointment, of course. Congratulations to you. Meet me round the back of the chipper for a felicatorial fisting? :wink::wink:

And best of luck with your dissertation, H. I know what a pain in the ass the actual writing stage can be. 'Write reams and discard all the shit' was the best advice I ever had on that - but boy did I discard a lot of shit!! :rolleyes:

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 Banned

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I know I'm not a big name here, but Mindseye you've been hugely appreciated and Kotch, no one doubts you will do a fantastic job.

12. prepstudinsc

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks to Mindseye for all he's done for LPSG since the early days. Those who have only been around a year or two don't know all that he's done to really make this board the great place it is. Those of us who remember back to the brown/tan board and all the other incarnations from when Mark owned it know Mindseye to be a great person and friend.

Good luck to Kotchanski in her new role!

13. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink Banned

Thanks mindseye for your hard work and dealing with us whiners. Congrats to Kotch for being the person who stepped up to the plate to keep this place in working order.

14. Drifterwood

Drifterwood Superior Member

Congratulations K, I hope you are proud both of your talent and that it is recognised.

Mindseye, I would love to know the subject of your dissertation, publicly or via PM, if that is not being too nosey.

15. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    Although i have never had any dealings with Kotchanski her good reputation goes well before her .

I know she will do a good job - it goes without saying - She is from the UK :cool:.

Have a good one Kotch (if its okay to shorten names).

16. mindseye

So would I! It's pretty heady stuff, but here's a slightly oversimplified description.

Grobner Bases were developed in 1965 to solve problems in commutative algebra. (Commutative means that all of the algebraic processes are 'reversible' in a sense. One real-life application for Grobner Bases is to find the shortest route between two points on a map where all of the streets are two-way streets.)

Non-commutative Grobner Bases are a more recent development. A lot of the work done in the 60's and 70's doesn't apply to non-commutative Grobner Bases, because it's possible to "get stuck at the dead-end of a one-way street" and not legally be able to "make a u-turn"; the result is that some algorithms terminate prematurely without the desired result. (This is why Google, Mapquest, and other similar services use a different approach, because there aren't many places that obey the artificial restriction that all streets are two-way.)

My dissertation is in a tiny sliver of that area -- it certainly won't revolutionize the mapping industry or anything -- but I'm adapting some results from a 1989 research paper by Vlastimil Dlab and Claus Ringel to work in a more general, non-commutative setting.

...aren't you glad you asked? :)

17. Freddie53

Gold Member

Mindeye,

If you need my help, please feel free to contact me. I can tell you all I know about this subject in short order! Seriously there are those mathematical situation where it appears one possibility can be true is found to be false.

I want to add to what some others have said about the LPSG I don't believe anyone has done more to shape the history of this place as Mindesye. I remember as a new member this one member who had fewer posts then some of the others and yet, from the begining Mindseye's posts had such depth, tht I instendly deveoped a great respect for his intellect. That doesn't mean we agreed on evey decision made in the modeator's forrum. I doesn't mean I maintained the greatest respect for him.

I don't know anyone who has shwon any greaer respect to me while as a member and a mod.

We have lost a piller of LPSP as part of the day-today dealings of the board.

Mindseye, you will nveve be forgotten for you early work on the LPSG and you ceaseless hous of work to make it a great place that it is.

Do visit and post when you can. Above all let us know when you get that Doctorate. We want it for you.

"A drink to a grand person, friend and even legand of the LPSG.*

Kotchanski is also a very close frend on imine. I don't know anyone else that can fill her shoes. Beiing administrator doesn't always mean know more and have more wisdom than tha moderator. It means using with ease all those skills. Skills that done wrong can cause whole pages to disappear, threads becomeing all mixed up, and all kinds of things that are done accidentally. In her past service, "Kot" was always able to perform all the technical skills will ease and done absolutely correctly. And to go along iwth it she has sound judgment, something that can'it be taught.

18. D_Portelay Porquesword

Congrats Kotch!!

8 is big enough Nick

19. Xcuze

Gold Member

How rude. Dont piss on peoples parade.

20. B_Morning_Glory

:sadwavey: mindeye, i haven't been here all that long but i will miss you lots, enjoyed reading your threads as well as the post take care and wish you all the best that can be given to you in your endeavor thanks for the good times and hope to see you here off and on in the future. im going to miss you :frown1:

congrats kotch

#20 B_Morning_Glory, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  21. B_JasonDawgxxx

Mindseye. Im sorry to see you stepping down. You did a GREAT job and I wish you all the best.

Kotch. You are already showing what a great mod your are. Im so happy for you, Jason.

22. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe Banned

:party:Congratulations to:arms:
    :fest30: Kotchanski!! :fest30: :party:
    :flowers1: I am thrilled to have you back! :boobies2: :07::banana:
    Kotch is a hot,sexy and a very competent and interesting woman you know! :newangel: :bigok: :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    cigarbabe:sasmokin:

#22 B_cigarbabe, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  23. kalipygian

kalipygian Sexy Member

Albums:
    Looks like a post by Simcha which you quoted was deleted, which I object to. That is certainly starting out on the wrong foot.
    Which moderator did it? My first guess is Prep.

If that censorship had not occurred, I probably would not have posted in his thread at all.

I also agree with his sentiment, Mindseye may have some good qualities, but it is impossible to overlook his bad ones. Replacing him with Kotchanski is a HUGE improvement.

#23 kalipygian, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  24. B_JasonDawgxxx

He may have deleted the post himself or asked it to be removed.

25. kalipygian

kalipygian Sexy Member

Albums:
    I doubt it.

26. simcha

simcha Experimental Member

No, I didn't delete it. The entire post is captured in the quote by Xcuse.

That's why I don't post here much. It's a den of censorship and sycophants. This is most certainly great news that Kotchanski is stepping up and the other one is stepping down. Maybe reason can return to this place.

27. kalipygian

kalipygian Sexy Member

Albums:
    You are owed an apology by the moderator who deleted it. They have not yet come forward. Would they prefer to have another CENSORSHIP AT LPSG thread started? The hopes for improvement of moderator standards of behavior with the appointment of the new moderators has been disappointed, at least in this matter.

This unfortunate action demonstrates the continued need for the other, uncensored forum.

28. mindseye

I wasn't offended by simcha's comment, although I did find it ungracious. It's hard, though, to make the case for "CENSORSHIP AT LPSG" when his signature (where he's been grinding the same axe for eight months now) is still intact. I don't know who deleted the post, but I interpreted the action as a final act of goodwill on the part of someone wishing me a happy and unspoiled send-off. And really, is that an unreasonable thing to want?

Like the Westboro Baptist Church folks at a funeral, you've used my farewell to push your agenda.

29. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Sexy Member

Albums:
    Firstly let me apologise for the deleting of your post simcha.

There have been several changes to the mod team in the last few weeks, and we now have more mods than ever before. This essentially means that the way things are dealt with behind the scenes have also changed somewhat, and both old and new mods are having to find their feet. Each and every one of is human, and from time to time, we all make mistakes. A mistake has been made in this thread, and we as a group apologise for that.

30. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator

Hey, guys.

Has anybody seen my feet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice