Moderator elections?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
agnslz said:
I do however feel like Alex8 felt (when he was going to leave), and feels in his first post to this thread... some of them have been a bit draconian in their actions (that I've seen anyway) I'll go ahead and name the one that I feel has unfortunately been this way sometimes (perhaps he was speaking on behalf of the Mod team, in the things that I've disagreed with), but he HAS posted some rather unfair and harsh sounding things in his own posts! That Mod is Lex!
Since this is your second post of this nature today, you may wish to read up on the internet definition of 'flaming':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming

My main point on this thread has been that the reduced number of active moderators can make it seem as though 'consensus decisions' are being made by very few of the mods indeed. Perhaps that is the problem which needs to be remedied, especially if it is demonizing Lex unfairly, simply because he has taken on the rôle of 'bad cop' in delivering LPSG moderator team pronouncements, which by their very nature as 'corrective incursions' may tend to carry a negative tone. Maybe there needs to be a fairer division of that particular duty if it is really causing a thoughtful and contemplative poster to be viewed so negatively.

My comments about 'transparency' when I was contemplating leaving indeed referred to the tone of recent pronouncements by the mod team as a whole, and never to specific posters within that team. My concern then was the way that they presented themselves to the members here, and that continues to be my prime concern: wanting to see the two sides brought into greater rapport, rather than trying to drive divisions any deeper.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
At the moment I'm simply enjoying the line up of members in that bottom tray on this thread...:biggrin1:

Tsk, I though I was the only one who enjoyed that particular guilty pleasure. :redface: :rolleyes:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
...especially if it is demonizing Lex unfairly, simply because he has taken on the rôle of 'bad cop' in delivering LPSG moderator team pronouncements, which by their very nature as 'corrective incursions' may tend to carry a negative tone. Maybe there needs to be a fairer division of that particular duty if it is really causing a thoughtful and contemplative poster to be viewed so negatively.

It's all good Alex. One of the things that Zora and I vibe on (among others) is the lack of concern for being "seen as the bad guy." I mean, I am sure that in under 60 days, this guy has gotten to know me SO well. *eyeroll*

I'm used to being the bad guy. Taking an 8" cock that is 6" thick up the ass is never an easy thing.

*covers COLJohn's ears*

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
COLJohn said:
Poppers I have never tried. The rest are all good.

They will help you bridge the girth difference between my two fingers and my rock hard cock. I will go slow, let you get used to the size and kiss you sloppily and passionately while I rock your prostate. It'll be all good.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lordpendragon said:
Adoreable Gonsalez - if you shit on perceived shitters, what does that make you?

Incidentally, the whole thread is a typo. I meant to say Moderator erections.

FUCKING HYSTERICAL..........

I'm on the floor rolling in fits of uncontollable laughter.

LMAO! "moderator erections":biggrin1: :tongue: :biggrin1: :tongue:

Jesus K. Rist you'd give me a run for my money!!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is actually kind of funny to me. Do all of you know that Rob_E spent $13,000 for this site last November? Well, for those who didn't know- he did.
That was the selling price that he paid to Mister Mark when the site was auctioned on ebay, therefore he OWNS the site and doesn't owe it to anyone to do things any way other than how he chooses. As members, we can choose to stay and participate, or leave- but it is absurd to suggest that ANYONE should hold elections for moderators for a site he owns! How would any of you feel about being told by someone else what you should do with your own property? I'd be pissed as hell. I also wouldn't allow a vote for who gets to drive my car or live in my house.

Grow up people. This is a website owned by an individual- it's not government property, it's someone's "house". Who here believes he is not permitted to set the rules for his own house, and property? Even store owners make rules for their employees to follow, and sets the limits on what behavior is unacceptable in his store, even for customers. For example, he would probably throw someone out for vandalism. He doesn't hold elections for who he hires- he personally selects who he thinks will do the job. Had I had $13,000 laying about and bought the site myself, I also would not have held elections. Customers NEVER get to pick the employess for a business! Anyone with the cash on hand should make Rob an offer, or shut up.

That being said, it was never my understanding that moderators were lifetime appointments, so perhaps they will be rotated from time to time. I always thought there were too many of us, I think 4 or 5 would be ample. See what happens guys, you have no idea how whiney some of your fellow posters are behind the scenes. Everyone likes THEIR free speech, until someone offends THEM. That's what you find out from being a mod. :rolleyes:

Over and out.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Madame Zora it was just a premise. And since then Lordpendragon's recanted and said his original premise was the mod's erections.

Nothing else is off limits here and I suspect my Lord can have a bit of fun with the powers that be, n'est-ce pas, without a 'grow up' from your corner?

Let's all relax and enjoy the board.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry MZ, but I am going to disagree here. Anyone who runs a business should understand the imperative of the stakeholders.

You should have told me it went on Ebay.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
Madame Zora it was just a premise. And since then Lordpendragon's recanted and said his original premise was the mod's erections.

Nothing else is off limits here and I suspect my Lord can have a bit of fun with the powers that be, n'est-ce pas, without a 'grow up' from your corner?

Let's all relax and enjoy the board.

Please feel free to discuss my erection ad nauseum!! :tongue:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lordpendragon said:
Sorry MZ, but I am going to disagree here. Anyone who runs a business should understand the imperative of the stakeholders.

You should have told me it went on Ebay.

Mark announced it publicly on here several times and even posted a link to the bidding page. I had nothing to do with the site then, so it wasn't my job to "inform" anyone about the sale, it was his.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to LOL at your objection- clearly we are not large enough to be publicly traded.:rolleyes: NO, small business owners do not consult their customers on how to run their business. They make a reasonable effort to run it in a way that makes sense and is user friendly, but please feel free to march through the door of any business you frequent, as a paying customer, and offer advice to the owner on how he should manage his business. If he doesn't punch you in the eye, he will likely then view you as an obnoxious pain in the ass.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn! This is an impressive thread, six pages in under 4hrs.

For myself, I've had no issues with the moderators but would like to interject on a couple of points.

MZ, I understand what you're saying with regard to customers not having a say in hiring employees. However, in a customer service driven industry they do have a collective say in said employees continued employment. The customer may not always be right, but they are the revenue stream. An employee who is rude, unhelpful or otherwise likely to drive customers to a competing business will soon be out of a job. Any business owner would rather accept an idiots money, than pay one to ruin their business.

big dirigible said:
But I still think this board would be trendier were there some mechanism for throwing members Off the Island. Not moderators, in particular, but anybody who deserves it.

Voting mechanism is located at the bottom of each post. Looks an awful lot like an exclamation point. This sends a red flag to the moderator team who will then circle like sharks or jedi masters, depending on your viewpoint, discuss the situation and act (or not) based on consensus.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Years ago, when I was a clerk on the RF&P railway, the union steward approached me about running for president of the union local. I'd never even been to a union meeting and nobody knew me from Adam. He explained that the president was running for re-election and the rules required him to have a competitor so they figured I was as good a name as any. I agreed and never gave it another thought until the day the results were posted on a bulletin board in my office. Out of several thousand votes I had lost to the incumbent by less than 100.

Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.