Moderators make things worse

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Has anyone noticed how quickly things go downhill when moderators add their own biases into the mix? They only further politicize and poison the forum when they take sides. They also add evidence for those who complain about the unfairness of how the site is managed.
I belong to some other websites/forums and the moderators jump in quickly when the exchanges go off topic, without indicating how their personal biases influence their actions.

The more vocal women on this site remind me of a situation I've encountered at gyms. The gym will have a fully equipped "women's area" that men are supposed to stay out of. However, the women are allowed to use the men's area with no restrictions.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Has anyone noticed how quickly things go downhill when moderators add their own biases into the mix? They only further politicize and poison the forum when they take sides. They also add evidence for those who complain about the unfairness of how the site is managed.
I belong to some other websites/forums and the moderators jump in quickly when the exchanges go off topic, without indicating how their personal biases influence their actions.

The more vocal women on this site remind me of a situation I've encountered at gyms. The gym will have a fully equipped "women's area" that men are supposed to stay out of. However, the women are allowed to use the men's area with no restrictions.

Moderators are only human. Just like the rest of us.

Would you do better if you were a moderator? Or would you inject all of your own biases into the mix.

Think about that before you add your own invective into the mix, and continue to stir the pot up.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

for those of you still unclear, or having questions about the exact nature of a whiny bitch....

this post has been brought to you by the letter B.
and the phrase "Fuck Off"
funding provided by Doris's Anal Emporium "serving your anal needs since 1869" a family owned business.

please do you part to support public posting in a forum near you.
:smile:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
for those of you still unclear, or having questions about the exact nature of a whiny bitch....

funding provided by Doris's Anal Emporium "serving your anal needs since 1869" a family owned business.

Tell me about it....

Although one nice thing is that I get to post some of the more amusing pix I've found on the net over the years.....

Attachments

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dude, you so had me at the ButtHurt Complaint Form
:biglaugh:

Rectal Fury is an awesome name for a band
true facts

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oh come on now. As a former moderator, I take offense to this thread. And I'll speak up in defense of those currently on the team.

Being a moderator is NOT an easy job. No matter how hard you work to provide the best VOLUNTEER services you can, you will always catch flak from some. You just can't please everyone.

And lest you forget, moderators are members too.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Glad you could join the pah-tee, ML.

ElPeeEssGee is having a collective nervous breakdown :tongue:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*full body snughug on Mr. Bbucko*

is the thirteenth moonth... folks are just tensed up.
we'll all feel much better after a lil human sacrifice.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was a moderator. I can tell you its not a easy job. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do nothing they are thought of as lazy. If they do something they are thought of as some kind of police force. Having worked with most of them, i can tell you they are smart, dedicated and great people. I sit here with a problem. The amount of incest threads and threads involving sexual activity( or content, pics, etc) of minors is increasing at a alarming rate. Its a violation of the T.o.S. This is not the place for such topics to be discussed. We as members have a reponsibilty to refrain from posting such threads or content that are a violation.

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Dear Mr. farkbarmear,

Did your mama drop you on your head when you were a baby? Repeatedly?

The moderators are members of this site. That's how they got to be moderators in the first place. They're allowed to have their own opinions , and to express them anywhere they want. That should be patently obvious, but somehow that little nugget of knowledge has bypassed you altogether.

You, too, are entitled to your own whiny-assed opinions, but who died and left you in charge? When will you figure out that you don't fit in here, and you are in a minority? I suggest you learn to use your fucking back button, because the reverse of what brought you here will take you and your incessant whinging the fuck out.

Get over your fucking huge ego. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a defective, and it would behoove you to stop and think for a moment when so many do. If you believe you're still right in spite of what everyone else thinks, then fine. Act with integrity, and public opinion be damned. But eventually, and I hope it's sooner than later, you will screw up the courage to vote with your feet and leave us alone.

The difference between you and a beagle puppy is that if you give it a ticking clock and a hot water bottle, the beagle puppy will eventually stop whining.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
In addition to Mr. Snakey~~ as members we can report such incidents and bring them to the attention of the moderating team for action.

They are but human,
They are not always online,
We may see the threads, pics, and blogs way before them
We have a duty to report such violations and protect this site.

I agree with M.Lee it must be the Friday the 13th of the 13th month and the moon is full.
If everyone would just back off and take a chill pill, remember to have fun and laugh here.... make this a nice place to visit instead of hearing whiny complaints (from both men AND women) It would be a much happier place.

Which is what I long for~~

edit.. I know cultures and people are different... but dear lord, please quit cussing people out~ pahleeezzze??