Moderators make things worse

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
:love: I know it isn't particularly witty, but it might help. :240:

Time for me to sign off for the evening, my arkfarmbear. good night.

Last edited:

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All due respect, but I believe you should find something else to occupy your time, instead of making posts/threads about how horrible the LPSG community is.

If you're so unhappy here, why stay? Save yourself the headache, and leave.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Threads merged.

*now I'm going back to my desk which is next to the warm fireplace with the single glowing ember of coal that LPSG allows me to burn per 8 hr period*

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i sit here with a problem The amount of incest threads and threads involving sexual activity( or content, pics, etc) of minors is increasing at a alarming rate. Its a violation of the T.o.S. This is not the place for such topics to be discussed. We as members have a reponsibilty to refrain from posting such threads or content that are a violation.

do you have any insight as to why this thread The Sandusky Indictment was closed, but not removed? the subject of the thread is about the alleged sexual abuse of minors, and it still has an active link to a story about sexual abuse of minors.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
clever conversion for the extra point insult on the OP

I can see why u'd make a great mod

as someone who has been concomitantly diagnosed with AS alongside another neurological disorder, i did not mean my comment as an insult so much as an observation about how arkfarmer's OP contains absolutely no trace of an autism spectrum disorder. he is just venting, looking for someone to blame and he has chosen moderators as his target. he does not have AS just because he has an axe to grind with management.

do you have any insight as to why this thread The Sandusky Indictment was closed, but not removed? the subject of the thread is about the alleged sexual abuse of minors, and it still has an active link to a story about sexual abuse of minors.

also, perhaps you should direct this question to a current mod.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thad you reported the thread, we closed it, it's under discussion and I resent your implications of favoritism. I didn't think you were so small minded. Your thread gets closed and you go on a butthurt reporting binge, some of the reports get action taken on them, as is your latest one, and you are still shooting off about mods personal bias and favoritism. When are you getting over it?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am seeing there's some kind of issue. But, have read many of AFB's posts over the years, primarily in political discussions, and can't say I've ever noted any kind of extreme behavior (i.e., he isn't/wasn't a troll), so I'm somewhat curious as to what started it.

He's not, but this is one hell of an indictment thread.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He's not, but this is one hell of an indictment thread.

The only thing this thread is an indictment of, is all the usual subjects who swarm in and flame the OP with their childish rejoinders/rebukes. is that all this site is anymore, flying monkey trolls looking for a carcass, and an opportunity to demonstrate how toxic they can be, all trying to one up each other.

I've been around here long enuff to know it wasn't always like this. I respect the Mods and the TOS, i've never been banned from the site, or received any kind of warning, not even temporarily. It used to be a place where you could voice concern or ask for clarification/explanation without a mod rebuking you in a public thread for doing so.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thad you reported the thread, we closed it, it's under discussion and I resent your implications of favoritism. I didn't think you were so small minded. Your thread gets closed and you go on a butthurt reporting binge, some of the reports get action taken on them, as is your latest one, and you are still shooting off about mods personal bias and favoritism. When are you getting over it?

Two threads on the same subject, one stays the other doesn't,

whats to discuss?

I"m not small minded, but thanks for the disparaging remark.

and also thanks for your unbiased response.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

whats to discuss?

Maybe I can help, I can certainly try at least...

We long ago decided that with VERY few exceptions, no moderator can act alone, regardless of actions voted on previously.

Threads may very well have the same subject, but the content can differ greatly, so each thread has it's own discussion, to avoid any over zealous "acting alone"

I hate to use the example, but a few years ago, the decision was made to merge a whole bunch of threads essentially on the same topic. This was done without issue, and maybe one or two people were a little pissy about it, but they basically understood the reasons. Days later, another moderator, knowing that decision went ahead and merged several more of those threads, ones we had not discussed without any word to us.

Two of the later merged threads had perfectly valid reasons for remaining on their own, not only did this seriously piss off a huge part of the membership, but several mods were not happy bunnies about the situation.

I know it isn't ideal to have to discuss everything, especially when the answer seems perfectly clear, but that in a nutshell is the reason we do it. Just because I think something is clear cut and needs doing, doesn't mean you do, and doesn't mean the rest of the team does either.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

whats to discuss?

One requirement for being a moderator should be having a thick skin and being able to accept criticism, even if it isn't entirely fair, from those you supervise, serve, or whatever you want to call it. Over the years there have been too many moderators who were on power trips. (Remember Hilaire. He/she would pick a fight and then demand that the opponent read the rules, with the implication that wrath from on high would rain down on anyone he/she chose).

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
(Remember Hilaire. He/she would pick a fight and then demand that the opponent read the rules, with the implication that wrath from on high would rain down on anyone he/she chose).
This is bullshit! He has always fought his battles on his own.
Unlike some of his "opponents", he kept his fights within the TOS!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
folks really need to get over a thread deletion. :confused:
nobody killed your puppy, grow up.
had the topic been so damn important to you, ya could have contributed to the not-deleted thread. but no, childish bitches get both threads shut down.

now you're even. great.
dicks.

why Mr. Nick8's thread probably didn't get deleted *until whingy fucks whinged*

1. Mr. Nick8 didn't intend for the sexualization/sexual exploitation/sexual abuse of children to be the main top *not staying BitterMcDeletedPants did, i didn't see the thread* of conversation. he was commenting on sick/sad/tragic/terrible event currently taking up heaps of headline space everywhere.

2. not sure how the other thread was worded, but Mr. Nick8's thread didn't require deleting to be stay in the safety zone of ToS. without a direct link to the indictment he thread still made sense, didn't leave the door open to off topic/ToSable content.

3. Mod decisions can take some time. Mr. Nick8's thread get reported. Mods are discussing what to do. a couple of days pass, the thread stays civil *minus pouting* thread stays open, until.....

is not rocket science, is not a conspiracy... is just Moderation.

Mr. Thadjock - ya really are better than this.
ya smart, funny, and a smexy dude.
i get a smile when i see ya name/avatar pop up.
there are better ways to invest ya words.

Mr. Hilaire didn't need to throw the Mod card, the man threw awesome post. period.
too often folks on the losing side of an argument went bitch belly up with a whimper of "Mods shouldn't act that way"

when Mr. Hilie left, the site took a lost a valuable member.
:sad:

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I miss Hilaire, too. :sad:

I think the mods do a great job. I don't speculate about what kind of things go into making a decision. I'm sure there are factors I'm completely unaware of, so it's impossible for me to fully understand from an outsider's perspective.

What I want the most from my time here is to have fun and not be a pain the ass to anyone. I wish more people made those two things their goals, too.