Modern sex recession

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
According to research in the article, being in a committed relationship or living with your partner doesn't exempt you from the sex recession. Estimates are 15-20% of couples are sexless and being in a sexless relationship is fine as long as both partners are happy with that. "It’s okay to not have sex. While sex is one of the special things about marriage, couples can have a lot of closeness and affection and not be sexual.”
yeah- those are mostly older folks...

young folks being in sexless marriages is like two world class chefs who only eat TV dinners.

D

deleted15807

yeah- those are mostly older folks...

young folks being in sexless marriages is like two world class chefs who only eat TV dinners.

The good news is worldwide less sex + worldwide falling sperm counts = worldwide lower fertility = the planet may have a chance though I doubt it.

Maybe the world will follow Japan's lead:

What once was sold as quite irresistible turns out to be quite resistible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hunghorse30

Coronahead

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I havent had sex in a year. I havent had success meeting anyone this year. Everyone swipes to the right but never email me or they ignore the first email from me, and admittedly I do the same esp for any number of reasons. So in the end, noone wins. A lot of people talk to talk about being/feeling lonely.

We are not meant to be alone. We need human connection to thrive and we have made it harder for ourselves and others. I try to meet people organically but its hard when you dont do bars, team sports or go out much.

I wish I had better solutions to this.

That's a age old problem, I had the same problem in the early 1990s. I was definitely not a big drinker or into the bar scene at all, didn't do team sports, or have a big socialite of friends -to introduce me to friends of friends. Big cities in Canada aren't exactly overly friendly too. I was in the computer field which at that time did not have a lot of female colleagues. I ended up advertising in quality newspapers in my city, for a female interested in dating.......yeah believe it or not, it was pre-web ,so no dating sites. After a few months and a number of blind dates, I did eventually meet my wife, she responded to my ad. We have been married 22 years now, so it is possible to meet. My suggestion is to Try a number of different dating sites and you will find the types of people vary widely. I found in my day the different newspapers brought different types of women. So keep trying, someone out there is right for you.