Moisturizing an uncut head

Antman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This question's been on my mind for a little while now, and what better place to ask than LPSG!

Anytime I've showered the head of my penis (uncut) becomes adhered to the foreskin so when I pull it back everything sticks and can sometimes hurt. This isn't the case if it's lubricated, moisturized or even used, but it can be a little irritating or even hurt slightly when caught in jeans. I've tried both a moisturizing lotion and aloe baby oil which both worked and felt great, but also leave a less than desired flavour and turn white where the foreskin has rolled throughout the day.

So my question to you LPSG: What do you use to moisturize and clean your penis whether during your morning shower or afterwards? It's not going to be anything special likely, but what do you choose? Body wash? Soaps? I don't have an active sex life so "warm mouth" isn't quite applicable. :biggrin1:

Before anyone asks, yes I'm very clean, and people love the way I smell naturally to the point of occasionally burying their nose on me, so this isn't some hobo sweat complex.

K

kundalinikat

Try looking for a natural lotion, and put it on or jerk with it before you sleep, so it has time to sink into your skin during the night. I recommend Burt's Bees stuff, they have an apricot baby oil that's wonderful and right now i'm using their orange body rub. The thing is that the oils are all plant and fruit oils, instead of petroleum-derived detergents and stuff.

Military_guy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
that's weird. it shouldn't be doing that

usually the only time my glans dry's out is when I wake up or haven't washed it in awhile but other than that it should constantly stay moist, that's the point of the foreskin.

what kind of soap are you using?

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Antman, since the problem happens after you shower, the problem may be your soap. You may not be rinsing the area enough. Soap residue could cause the sticking. I also suggest you use as natural as possible soap. Try soap without any fragrance.

Good luck

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree that soap should not be used under the foreskin, especially antibacterial...a water rinse is all that is needed..try topping the glans with baby oil and work to the inner skin..this lasts almost all day for me and a few drops at bedtime lasts all night!

Reactions: Allan S.

Antman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Try looking for a natural lotion, and put it on or jerk with it before you sleep, so it has time to sink into your skin during the night. I recommend Burt's Bees stuff, they have an apricot baby oil that's wonderful and right now i'm using their orange body rub. The thing is that the oils are all plant and fruit oils, instead of petroleum-derived detergents and stuff.

Well damn, I LOVE fruit, oranges in particular. This sounds perfect and remarkably tasty. Thanks kunda!

All the suggestions of natural edible oils will be given a try too, in particular olive oil since it's abundant and just a cupboard away.

And canuck_pa, high five fellow Vancouverite. :biggrin1:

Thanks everyone for being so quick, you all rock!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ya i'm with military guy, it should'nt be doing that.

is the rest of the skin on your body really dry ? maybe u have a body oil deficiency.

i've never had it stick to my head or hurt to skin it back. I wash it with whatever soap i wash the rest of my body in the shower, rinse off, and just roll it back over the head, dont' even bother to dry it off, sometimes i do but most times i dont. i'm greek/italian descent, i never have to use moisturizers on the rest of my body either. so maybe i just have more natural oils in my skin to begin with.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i'm greek/italian descent, i never have to use moisturizers on the rest of my body either. so maybe i just have more natural oils in my skin to begin with.
Maybe you eat more. Our bodies are moisturized from the inside out. Thad's comment made me think of that association.

Antman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
what kind of soap are you using?

Various kinds and sometimes the shampoo I'm using but that's incredibly drying. They usually all have the same result to different degrees. The only thing that has given a consistent lasting effect is baby oil but it had the above "rolling" issue.

Going to try olive oil or burt's bees tonight and see how it goes.

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with thadjock - use regular soap and then - a little aloa cream which I use as an after-shave - BTW - always good to use a gentle cream as after shave instead of some heavy scented lotions - which usally burns the skin. Just a suggestion, hope you don't mind!!!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ur dik has similar sebaceous glands as the rest of your body and if you start slathering on artificial moisturizers ur just gonna screw up normal secretions, and plug up natural oil ducts.

one time i was with a bud who always used hand lotion to jak off with and i tried it and my dik felt all slimey for like a week till all that sticky residue washed off, it was not right. maybe it's cuz i give it a vigorous wank at least a couple times a day that keeps the blood pumping and that feeds the skin natural moisture/oil?

every day i read a new thread on here that makes me grateful my dik has led a remarkably trouble free life.

Antman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
thad, I usually try to avoid anything supplemental for that exact reason and because everything is really healthy and tip top otherwise, but it's fantastic advice for people who may be slathering on something completely unnecessary.

Totally agreeing with you on the remarkably trouble free "dik" too. I'm thankful that this is the only real problem after seeing everything else out there. :)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Try extra virgin olive oil at night

You don't really want to soap up inside. Just rinse. Olive oil, cocoa butter, avocado oil - any type of edible oil is what you are looking for.

Bingo.

Olive oil, especially, is a carrier oil and will be absorbed by the body harmlessly over time. It also doesn't leave much of a taste at all - I use it with my partner because of that fact. Also, soap can do crazy things to some people's penises. Not everyone, but definitely to mine. When I stopped using soap (except after sex or what have you, of course) my life got a lot better, and my partner said he hadn't even noticed that I stopped with the soap. Rinsing is good enough for many. Good luck!

D_Quimby Cumquart

Just Browsing
Media
Got to a local "health food" store and get Almond Oil. Feels great on the penis.
Also If you ask they may add a few drops of peppermint oil to your bottle of almond oil. What a rush. Don't limit it to just your penis. Sensitive on the nipples. Great for J/O too. Do not use with condoms.

maarten w von f

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
this should not be a problem. your penis secretes an oily substance that should keep the glans moist. if you are using harsh soaps, that could affect this condition. try using Aveno body wash. since i started using it years ago, i never suffer from dry skin in winter. then use Aveno body lotion. these come in unscented versions. when not erect, is your glans partially exposed? some uncut men display up to 3/4 of their glans, and that could contribute. the glans was never meant to be exposed, and cut men are at a disadvantage in that thier glans become dry and leathery and as a result less sensitive.