Moisturizing an uncut head

Willy Wacka

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Im kinda woundering if your forskin is a little tight? Have you tried an experiment to pull it back and leave the head exposed over night? Your problem might not be case of it being too dry, more of being too damp/wet therefore, resulting in your 'sticky-ness'.

And does this retraction difficultly occur at the end of the day? Your penis is still spending most of the time 'in the dark' just like when your in bed, isn't it?

A bit of self experimentation is always fun!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
your penis secretes an oily substance that should keep the glans moist.
This is commonly believed, but not quite true. See the last paragraph of section 1 in researcher Ken McGrath's paper The Frenular Delta, A New Preputial Structure at the following link:

The Frenular Delta

uncutguy37

Legendary Member
Media
When I get out of the shower and dry off, I put lotion on, regular lotion, unscented, I slide my skin back and rub some lotion on my head (after its dry) skin usually slides back and fourth pretty easy, if I'm jacking or having sex, it stays wet from precum, so slides easy then too.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First, I'd suggest changing your soap to see if that makes any difference. Maybe try one which contains a moisturiser.

If that doesn't work, I'd try a little baby oil - enough to moisten, but not enough to make it sloppy.

I'd be reluctant to use olive oil etc under the foreskin for any length of time as that could lead to problems with bacterial or fungal infections. Take it from a former microbiologist, it's not a good idea to leave organic (as opposed to mineral) oils or fats in a warm, moist environment.

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Every boy should know that he never uses soap for washing his penis. Soap makes the skin dry. There is no need to use soap if you wash your penis frequently. Rinse with lots of water and make it as dry as possible before you pull your foreskin over the head. There is no need to use oils or liquids. Organic stuff can make it even worse.
The tissue of the penis head is very sensitive if it’s always covered by the foreskin. At the end of the day it can be a little sticky. If you wear your penis tight to you body it becomes sweaty and no doubt that there is a little dried urine and pre-ejaculate under your foreskin.
My advice is: stop using soap on your penis; rinse with lots of water and make it as dry as possible before pulling back the foreskin over the head. Don’t use oils or lotions. This stuff often makes it worse. After some days you will notice that the skin of your penis head and the foreskin covering it reacts as nature planned it.​

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A)Every boy should know that he never uses soap for washing his penis. Soap makes the skin dry.​

My advice is: stop using soap on your penis; rinse with lots of water and make it as dry as possible before pulling back the foreskin over the head.​

B)Don’t use oils or lotions. This stuff often makes it worse. After some days you will notice that the skin of your penis head and the foreskin covering it reacts as nature planned it.​

you're wrong about A) i've been using soap on my uncut dik since i was a wee lad. and sometimes i even jak off using shampoo in the shower, cuz the thick lather feels good, and i've never had any problems. I don't dry after a shower b4 i roll my skin over the head either, never really thought about it.

but you're right about B) i the rare instances i've ever used any lotion or oil on my cock or even some lubes other than spit and precum, it screws up nature and feels all sticky and slimy. let nature do it's thing

Last edited:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anytime I've showered the head of my penis (uncut) becomes adhered to the foreskin so when I pull it back everything sticks and can sometimes hurt. This isn't the case if it's lubricated, moisturized or even used, but it can be a little irritating or even hurt slightly when caught in jeans.

Before you can understand why your foreskin may be sticking to your glans (really a question of mucous membrane to mucous membrane), you need to know a bit about how that area stays moisturized naturally.

There are no secretions per se from the mucous membrane of the glans and inner foreskin. The area stays moisturized and mobile through normal transudation of moisture and contact with other fluids, like urine and semen. Smegma is not a secretion of its own. It's the normal sloughing of cells mixed with transudated moisture and the aforementioned fluids, and most intact guys rarely see more than a "dusting" of it. The normal bacterial flora and moisture of the area is changed with washing, particularly with surfactant detergents like soap. Remember: live, healthy bacteria rarely emit an odor, but decaying bacteria do. So, the goal is to keep clean but to remain moisturized.

It makes no more sense for guys to wash away natural emollients in the mucous membrane area of their sexual organs than it does for women to do it. It makes surfaces sticky and increases the chances of infection. Ditto for your mouth and eyelids... they need to remain minimally lubricated to prevent surfaces from sticking together. Granted, it's hard not to get any soap on your dickhead when showering and skinning back, but there is a difference between washing off all the naturall emollients and just letting the soap run down you. The inner foreskin and glans are ideally rinsed with warm, clear water once or twice a day (more as needed, like after sex) and generally require no added moisturizers.

The suggestions for Aveeno and Dove are good; stay away from antibacterial and other strong soaps in the genital area. Some guys at my gym put a dab of Vaseline on the glans before replacing the foreskin after a shower, but it should be obvious why carbolated petroleum products are not a good idea.

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
my foreskin is allways back, so i moisturiz every time it get's a wash, the full cock and head. have done for many years now, and it makes it so smooth as well, do inbetween my legs as well. smell's sweeter to.