Momma's

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
ohhhh this one is hard for me, as it is the 9th month anniversary of her death today. and it dawned on me this morning that this will be the first time she misses our (sis & i) birthdays this month.

*deep breath* ok i will try to share a happy memory.

my mom had a knack for asking the most inappropriately funny questions in a completely innocent way. once, we had watched this silly comedy movie where there was a running gag of a family matriarch taking some anal beads belonging to some other family member and wearing them as a necklace, all the while calling them love beads because that's what someone told her they were called.

sometime not long after, we took a road trip down south to visit some family and along the way stopped for a meal. while we were waiting for our meal, we were making goofy conversation like usual and at one point mom says, "girls, can i ask you a question?" we were like, "sure, mom." and then she goes, i shit you not, "what are love beads?"

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mum and I have had many, many challenges while I was growing up. Of course, I knew everything better than she did including life. And that old Rumsfeld quote rears its head: there are things that we know, there are things we know we don't know, and there are things we don't know we don't know. Yeah, Mum knew all about the unknown.

I raged against the machine a lot. She forced me to become a young lady against my will. She made me go to church. She taught me manners. But then when I quit bucking the system we started doing things together. She took me all over Europe and taught me French, Spanish and German. I loved our travels.

She warned me about my fiancé. That's when I knew she was crackers. She just didn't want me to have joy without her. So I thought. She was right, oh, so right. But if I didn't go through that I would have never ended up with a beautiful daughter.

She is the best grandmama! My little girl would do anything for her Gram too!

Mum is a devout Christian mother to a pretty obstinate agnostic daughter. But I love her so much that I'll go to church with her when I go home. We've settled into a real mother daughter relationship where I'd do anything for her, and I know she's ready all the time to do the same.

One weird twist: she never had sons, but she treats my husband as if he were one of hers! That is so cute and awkward to watch sometimes!

My mother was a religious zealot and a hypocrite. Severely misguided as she was about pretty much everything, I do appreciate that she tried. That's as nice of anything as I can say about her.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I remember when I got my first job, my mom got me on the crew. It was literally just me and her with about 40 men. It was a disgustingly hostile work environment but we fucked shit up.

She loved seeing some of those dumb-fucks try to offend me, or try to get some pussy from me when I was "barely legal". She never had to say a thing because she raised me to stand up for myself. She'd just watch and enjoy seeing her baby girl put those motherfuckers in check.

We had a lot of fun at some of the after parties too. My momma rocks balls deep.

Last edited:

I get much of my servant heart from her. As a youngin', we were always doing things through different volunteer organizations together. Baking cookies for bloodmobiles, making funnel cakes for fundraisers, etc. We did lots of things together through church, too.

As a grownup, I have noticed and really learned to appreciate my mom's quirkiness/doesn't-fit-the-mold-ness. Her hubs (my stepdad, not bio dad) is pretty judgey and a rule follower. Although my mom is a good Christian woman, (meaning both good and Christian), she's a bit of a loose nut. When they drive down to visit, he does 2 mph under the speed limit... she waits until he falls asleep and drops the hammer, including a 22 over "fast driving award" last trip. She goes out on the lake with me and is totally down to go to "cocktail cove" to scope guys and have jello shots... at 78. She's quick to call bullshit and I mean verbally saying it's bullshit. Usually in a kind way, but still.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mother was a religious zealot and a hypocrite. Severely misguided as she was about pretty much everything, I do appreciate that she tried. That's as nice of anything as I can say about her.

My Mum was the Christian of the family and taught me the word. My Dad taught me how to live as a Christian by doing it. I don't consider myself a Christian in faith, but I try to live as I believe he would have wanted us to. There's so much difference.

My Mum was the Christian of the family and taught me the word. My Dad taught me how to live as a Christian by doing it. I don't consider myself a Christian in faith, but I try to live as I believe he would have wanted us to. There's so much difference.

My mother thought that carnivorous animals would someday stop eating meat, because "the lion shall lay down with the lamb". She refused to take me to a doctor when I was so ill I was coughing up blood. There were many, many other things besides those, but I think they illustrate my point well enough. I have no personal issue with religion as a whole, unless people try to make it my problem. My mother's religion is a separate issue.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
ohhhh this one is hard for me, as it is the 9th month anniversary of her death today. and it dawned on me this morning that this will be the first time she misses our (sis & i) birthdays this month.

*deep breath* ok i will try to share a happy memory.

my mom had a knack for asking the most inappropriately funny questions in a completely innocent way. once, we had watched this silly comedy movie where there was a running gag of a family matriarch taking some anal beads belonging to some other family member and wearing them as a necklace, all the while calling them love beads because that's what someone told her they were called.

sometime not long after, we took a road trip down south to visit some family and along the way stopped for a meal. while we were waiting for our meal, we were making goofy conversation like usual and at one point mom says, "girls, can i ask you a question?" we were like, "sure, mom." and then she goes, i shit you not, "what are love beads?"

On April 30, my mom will have been in the world to come for a year.
I can’t process the stories, good and bad, that we racked up in a half century.
But, she patiently taught me to read by age 2 1/2. With flash cards and headlines from the newspaper. I asked once, and she said she didn’t are what the headline was.
So, 1970 and 71 headlines. I’m sure Vietnam was an early word for me.

sweetlucky12

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My mom is pretty cool. As things pertain to this site she’s really cool. Hell she probably has her own account.

My husband and my most recent ex were both on the college swim team, so she saw them in there barely there uniforms. The first time she saw the man I went on to marry in his speedo, she giggled and said “well you traded up for bigger equipment.” I was pretty shy and reserved about such things in those days. I turned three or four shades of red. She was staying for the weekend at my apartment with me. When she left we hugged at the front door then I went into the bathroom and found a box of Magnum condoms on the counter with a post it note that said “don’t let him tell you these don’t come in his size” and a smiley face drawn on it. I think I turned even redder with embarrassment and yelled “ugh Mom!” But man do I love her!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My mom has been gone for a really long time. She was kind, compassionate, loving, patient and loved me no matter what. Her death left me with a father who loved me, but didn’t know how to be a dad. It was bad. Really bad.

I miss her. Every day of my life. She was a true lady.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On April 30, my mom will have been in the world to come for a year.
I can’t process the stories, good and bad, that we racked up in a half century.
But, she patiently taught me to read by age 2 1/2. With flash cards and headlines from the newspaper. I asked once, and she said she didn’t are what the headline was.
So, 1970 and 71 headlines. I’m sure Vietnam was an early word for me.

My Mom didn't know I could read until I started reading the newspaper headlines to her. She was all "My child is brilliant!!!" Then she hid all of the Enquirer's and Dad's Playboys.

My Mom is one tough bitch. She's been through hell, chewed nails and spit demon-fire the whole way through the valley of death. She's generous. She's intelligent. She shattered the glass ceiling then made stylish ear-rings out of the shards. She randomly adopts people and makes their lives better. She puts on makeup like a Youtube guru. She's artistic, and doesn't think not knowing how to do something is a reason not to try to do it. And she usually does it well.

She hasn't always liked me, I haven't always liked her. She makes me crazier than any other human being is capable of. Still. Both of us would kill for the other. Cuz we're blood.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My Mom didn't know I could read until I started reading the newspaper headlines to her. She was all "My child is brilliant!!!" Then she hid all of the Enquirer's and Dad's Playboys.

My Mom is one tough bitch. She's been through hell, chewed nails and spit demon-fire the whole way through the valley of death. She's generous. She's intelligent. She shattered the glass ceiling then made stylish ear-rings out of the shards. She randomly adopts people and makes their lives better. She puts on makeup like a Youtube guru. She's artistic, and doesn't think not knowing how to do something is a reason not to try to do it. And she usually does it well.

She hasn't always liked me, I haven't always liked her. She makes me crazier than any other human being is capable of. Still. Both of us would kill for the other. Cuz we're blood.

I’m not blood to my parents. Adoptee. They chose this road of hell of raising a redheaded daughter.
Perhaps they had a streak of foolishness?

Reactions: EllieP and 693987

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Blood doesn't have a DNA connection. Blood is you have spilled ya own and would spill others. My boy is blood. My bestie, while no relation, is my brother. He's blood, too.

Yes. I am talking blood oaths and other witchy shit like that :imp::cool:;)

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I always remember the time I got hold of my mum's makeup box, I guess I was probably about 3 years old. Completely trashed it, everything conceivable all over my face, my hands, my clothes, her clothes that I was trying on, the carpet and not to mention the walls I put my little paws on hahaha. She was so angry but of course we laugh about it all now and always fantastic remembering that one xx

D

deleted924715

I'm really lucky. I have the best mum in the world, she's my rock.

She's warm and kind and funny and selfless. Beautiful inside and out. I remember being embarrassed that she was waaaay more glam than the other mums, I can't imagine why now. She puts up with my sister in law without throat punching her (harder than it sounds) and my dad come to that.

She's so much fun and completely silly and unselfconscious... but God only help anyone who hurt me or my brother - she's fiercely protective of family. Partly cultural, partly because she's friggin crazy :joy:

I wouldn't swap her for the world :heart:

She's my hero and my template - I don't know if I'd be the same mother if she hadn't been mine.