Mondors disease/phlebitis

Dan: Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Mondor's disease (phlebitis of the penis)? I'm asking because I believe I may have this, the main vein in my penis has been swollen for several weeks now with a firmer bump near the base of the penis, quite noticable when flaccid, especially in warmer weather, almost looks normal when I'm erect. I'm going to visit my doctor soon, but I'm already fairly sure of what the problem is. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Dan@Dec 9 2004, 12:41 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Mondor's disease (phlebitis of the penis)? I'm asking because I believe I may have this, the main vein in my penis has been swollen for several weeks now with a firmer bump near the base of the penis, quite noticable when flaccid, especially in warmer weather, almost looks normal when I'm erect. I'm going to visit my doctor soon, but I'm already fairly sure of what the problem is. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan
[post=266739]Quoted post[/post]​

Dan:

Is there tenderness and pain in the affected area, along with redness and swelling? I had never heard of Mondor's disease, but phlebitis is not rare and is usually a blood clot in the leg, sometimes caused by prolonged sitting maybe on a car trip or airplane ride. On the penis it could be superficial thrombophlebitis if near the surface of the skin. Treatment is usually limited to application of heat and use of an anti-inflammatory drug. Keeping the penis from hanging as much as possible would also be recommended.

Please let us know what the doctor says/does and good luck, man.