SIR Daddy
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So with the rise of the Monkey Pox I am sorta perplexed ? I know how they are spread, and wonder if anyone is really taking precautions? But something I found interesting was that I saw on TV that the vax had arrived in my state and the vile that was shown said Small Pox vaccine. I had a small pox vaccine as a child and wondered for those who did if we are vaxed for it, or not? It made it look as if the Small pox vaccine was what was being given for the Monkey Pox.

Reactions: 9184461

Hung_in_DC

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’m in DC where all male-identifying people are eligible for the Monkeypox vaccine and strongly encouraged to get one. I got mine last Friday. DC Health will contact me in six months or so for the second dose. If vaccines are available in your area, I suggest getting one, especially if you are often in crowds (particularly at gay specific venues). The vaccine is an off-shoot of the smallpox vaccine, but it’s not exactly the same - men who have had the smallpox vaccine are still getting the Monkeypox dose).

Right now the nation’s supply is being directed at areas with highest density (DC has most cases per capita now so the community here is taking it very seriously). Supply will likely allow are larger rollout elsewhere soon.

And because I’m frustrated with some coverage of the outbreak, I just wanna remind everyone that this is NOT an STI. Monkeypox can be contracted by close contact, clothing, and less likely, air droplets.

Reactions: Gj816 and aldawg

Angelo123

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got my first shot on Wednesday and here in Germany it also goes by smallpox.

German health authorities recommend to get one shot if you already had been vaxxed as a child. And 2 shots for all men who have sex with men who haven't been vaxxed.

If you have the opportunity to get one at your location you should do it.

Seeking Booty

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So with the rise of the Monkey Pox I am sorta perplexed ? I know how they are spread, and wonder if anyone is really taking precautions? But something I found interesting was that I saw on TV that the vax had arrived in my state and the vile that was shown said Small Pox vaccine. I had a small pox vaccine as a child and wondered for those who did if we are vaxed for it, or not? It made it look as if the Small pox vaccine was what was being given for the Monkey Pox.
So, it only cures the pox part and not the monkey? Pox are what they have in common, right?

Reactions: Gj816
D

deleted1074483

I guess if you have had one it looks like you still need another or a differnt one?
no you don't need both - the smallpox vaccine will vaccinate and protect you against monkeypox. The main reason that the smallpox vaccine is most commonly being used is because its there and available with larger stockpiles to go to. There is a specific monkeypox vaccine but is held in very small quantities because historically its not been a major issue.

as i understand it if you had the smallpox vaccine as a child you will have a degree of protection - remember vaccines aren't 'cure alls' you can still catch whatever, the vaccine just limits the effect of the infection.

For men who have sex with men, which is where the main growth in the monkeypox spread is happening right now, it is sensible to have the smallpox vaccine if thats whats available.

For a small % of people monkeypox can be extremely bad or kill but it is a tiny % impact - for most people who catch it, after 5-6 weeks the symptoms will pass.

it is very infectious though.

Reactions: Gj816 and tnman

BussyPhilipps

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All the thots are getting it. Gay men tend to have way more sex partners than straight people, which is why 98% of cases have been among men who have sex with men. Even the WHO said men who have sex with men should limit their number of partners. That’s when you really know that many gay men are sluts lol The number of gays in open relationships who are on dating and hookup apps. Chile…

Hung_in_DC

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All the thots are getting it. Gay men tend to have way more sex partners than straight people, which is why 98% of cases have been among men who have sex with men. Even the WHO said men who have sex with men should limit their number of partners. That’s when you really know that many gay men are sluts lol The number of gays in open relationships who are on dating and hookup apps. Chile…
Whew…let’s tone down the “slut shaming,” please. We all need to remember that Monkeypox is *not* an STI. Sex is only one way that it can spread. In my opinion, the thoughts you’ve expressed contribute to the stigma surrounding this virus. You are correct in that the WHO has recommended limiting sexual partners. But that is only a portion of the full story. Health officials have also recommended limiting large, non-sexual social gatherings and taking care when in crowded, enclosed spaces, such as the metro I ride to and from work on a daily basis. I personally know someone here in DC who contracted Monkeypox and has not had sex at all for more than six months - he got it from a stranger at a casual dinner party with friends. The LGBT+ community faces enough negative attention and stigma as it is without negative comments about what is “too much” sex. I believe condoms and PrEP are vital when it comes to managing risk and are a part of a happy, healthy sex life. But please remember that “slut” can be a harmful word, full of judgement and used to separate “them,” from “us.” It’s unnecessary in a conversation about public health because we’re all in this together.

tnman

SIR Daddy
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Whew…let’s tone down the “slut shaming,” please. We all need to remember that Monkeypox is *not* an STI. Sex is only one way that it can spread. In my opinion, the thoughts you’ve expressed contribute to the stigma surrounding this virus. You are correct in that the WHO has recommended limiting sexual partners. But that is only a portion of the full story. Health officials have also recommended limiting large, non-sexual social gatherings and taking care when in crowded, enclosed spaces, such as the metro I ride to and from work on a daily basis. I personally know someone here in DC who contracted Monkeypox and has not had sex at all for more than six months - he got it from a stranger at a casual dinner party with friends. The LGBT+ community faces enough negative attention and stigma as it is without negative comments about what is “too much” sex. I believe condoms and PrEP are vital when it comes to managing risk and are a part of a happy, healthy sex life. But please remember that “slut” can be a harmful word, full of judgement and used to separate “them,” from “us.” It’s unnecessary in a conversation about public health because we’re all in this together.
Well said and informative, I was going to reply, but I think I would still be typing.

dy85

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
exactly a disease that's been in western and central Africa all this time, now its seen as a gay disease. Love how this lady quashes this nonsense.
20220728_181319.mp4