Monogamy.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Commitment to one partner at a time is my idea of monogomy, rather than one person and one person only. That would exclude finding a mate after you are widowed.
I have been monogomous within commited relationships, but I am trying to remember anyone in my life that I've known who were only with one person in their entire lives.....my grandmother and some of her friends.

Last edited:

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some of us grew up in a time when there were no models of permanent relationshps between men; we grew up as regular fellows and in the back of our minds there was only the possibility that one day we would meet the right girl, fall in love, marry, and live happily ever after. There was in that model the sense that partnerships should be "until death do us part." When as a teen aged boy I bonded with the new guy in town and we moved on to sex we were absolutely faithful partners until we both finished high school and left town for college. The sex is long past but he remains my dearest male friend whom I loved then and love still. I agree with the previous comment that what we then thought of as monogamy was holding to one partner at a time, no threesomes, or any other lover on the side. It was after three long term relationships with men and two long term relationships with women that I met the one person I was ready to change plans for so that she and I could spend the rest of our lives together. I have not needed or wanted to stray from the commitment we made in marriage. It's called love and I highly approve of it as the only solid basis for any relationship that includes sex.

I freely admit that the animal urges are still there for me and I can entertain them when I have my occasional solo sessions and in my fantasy thoughts. Let's face it: it is the way folks have accommodated themselves and their sexuality to the communities and the times in which they live. That's called civilized society. Unfortunately, our society does not always deal kindly to those who march to a different drummer. But we are making some slow progress toward recognizing the right of every person to reach the fulness of his or her sexuality with the support and protection of both law and public opinion, regardless of sexual orientation.

Last edited: