Monogamy

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Irvy, May 4, 2006.

?

Monogamy?

1. I'm in an open relationship, my partner and I can have sex with whoever we want.

23 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. I'm in an open relationship, but with strict agreed upon rules about who we can have sex with.

29 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I'm monogamous, but my partner isn't.

11 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. My partner is monogamous, but I am not

14 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. My partner thinks I'm monogamous, but I am not.

23 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. We used to have an open relationship, but not anymore.

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. I wish my relationship was open, but my partner won't allow it.

16 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. We are a monogamous couple, and happy to be so.

100 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    Just wondering from reading some of the posts here, how do you guys view monogamy and open relationships? I'm very strictly monogamous in my relationship, and won't even consider threesomes as I believe they can be very damaging to a relationship. What say you guys?

2. Gisella

Gold Member

I'm monogomous in my relationships and do not even consider threesomes too...i would be very offended if my man wants to share me with anyone else...and i will not share him too...

If he is not ok with that go away from me....and do not start relationship with me thinking i will change my mind..:rolleyes: I have none acceptance for unfaithfulness and betrayl...be honest and say you need others/ are bored/ whatever...but be brutally honest with moi !!! I will apreciatte and respect you for that!!! :wink:

3. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

Obviously I'm in an extremly serious,monogomous relationship:wink: And we are both totally disinterested in other people or threesomes,my fiance and I are both extremly sexual people but we are also romantics at heart,and our goal is to build a great life together:wink: :smile:

4. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

I voted for both of the first two options because neither is a completely accurate description of how our relationship works, but both are pretty close.

Oh, and I had a threesome on Saturday. It was awsome.

I don't understand why people are such fans of monogamy. Someone do feel free to enlighten me, if you can.

5. shad24

shad24 New Member

:blowjob: Cool! You and 2 other guys! Were you the meat in the middle?

6. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Me and two other girls, silly. :tongue:

7. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

I am strictly monogamous. I am so in love with my girlfriend that on one hand i do not need to look for anything else in another girl, and on the other hand, i'd never do something that could hurt her.

There's a quote from Mikhail Gorbachev, when his wife Raissa died, that describes what i feel for my girlfriend (who is happy and alive!!!:biggrin1: ).

"i do not really know what to do, for the first time in my life i feel lost"

I think that i was blessed with one of the loves that remain in history, because every cell of my body, evry breath of mine, every sight, every thought... all is for her and dedicated to her.

who would break this wonderful dream we are living in?

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I have a lovely monogamy bedroom suite.

9. Paper5tr3et7

Paper5tr3et7 New Member

In a very happy mono relationship.....a very sexual couple...no need for anyone else.

10. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

Irvy?

My hat's off to you. I believe that monogamy, as nifty as it seems in theory, is a myth in practical application (for many anyway). I'm more monogamous than I once was but as Lex refers to me - from time to time I'm still a 'manslut'.

It's like the menu in a restaurant. No matter how much you like the Lobster Thermidor ... every now and then you want to sample the popcorn shrimp.:cool:

11. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

:redface: oh Splade. Sorry the "wrong" kind of threeway. Oh well. Better luck next time.:biggrin1:

12. GoneA

Gold Member

monogamous .... hopefully :redface:

13. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    i view monogamy as a societal construct whose tenets run contrary to the fundamental biological nature of the human species.

i'm not a fan of the term "open relationships", but i guess if you gotta have a label for everything ...

basic personal insecurity. same reason people are such fans of spending their time earning impractical amounts of money, driving cars that look like suppositories, and generally making pretentious asses of themselves in public. they don't like, and hence will refuse to acknowledge, the narrow-minded idea of anyone else getting a "better deal" than they can.

14. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I have a wonderful husband. He's kind, sweet and gentle. He's good looking and a tiger in bed. I don't have to worry about him making a fool of me when I leave town. I won't do it to him either. I'm very happy with what we have. A HUGE relief is no worry about HIV or other social diseases. Yes, I trust him completely. I can look in his eyes and know if anything is amiss. We've been doing this almost 6 years and we're having a ceremony in Stronzo's neighborhood later this year. I can't imagine being with anyone else at this point. I've done plenty of sleeping around and it got tiresome and depressing.

I would never suggest monogamy to someone who doesn't want it. Some aren't built that way. I am. I was in a relationship with someone who wanted 3-ways and I wouldn't do it. For him it was exciting. For me, I felt disrespected and a jab in the heart whenever he asked. Bottom line: whatever makes you happy as long as you're honest with whomever you're doing it.

15. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:

I have a lovely mahogany bedroom suite.

I suppose the question could be re-defined to ask how many people can segregate sex from love. I presume this question had been raised before in this forum; I did not check.

16. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    Thanks Sorcerer, for putting how I view it so well! And Yhtang, I don't so much view it as segregating sex from love, it's more that I have come to see that without love, sex is really over rated. As someone very wise once said to me in msn, sex with a stranger is just masturbating inside someone.

I'm monogamous for spiritual and physical reasons. Maybe it's something to do with my upbringing, but I don't view sex as a purely physical act. To my mind, giving some stranger the same access to me sexually as I do to my boyfriend cheapens what he and I share. Also, physically, as Sorcerer said, it means never having to worry about STI's either.

If it works for other people, then that's none of my business or concern, and certainly not for me to judge. I guess I'm just built differently. However, it's nice to see that at this point in the poll, there's more monogamy out there than I thought.

17. mainer1

mainer1 New Member

I agree with Pecker....monogamy furniture is SO beautiful!

18. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Well, that's two of us. There's a third on the board I suspect may share this view. I've always felt like an oddity for my beliefs.

19. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Ooh, was that me? :rolleyes:
    Credit where it's due ... it was actually (b'lieve it or not) Robbie Williams who first said that, in an interview.

20. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    Ah, good old Robbie was responsible then? Yes Alex, it was you who said it to me though!

Draft saved Draft deleted