Monogamy

Monogamy?

• I'm in an open relationship, my partner and I can have sex with whoever we want.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I'm in an open relationship, but with strict agreed upon rules about who we can have sex with.

Votes: 29 13.5%
  • I'm monogamous, but my partner isn't.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • My partner is monogamous, but I am not

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • My partner thinks I'm monogamous, but I am not.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • We used to have an open relationship, but not anymore.

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I wish my relationship was open, but my partner won't allow it.

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • We are a monogamous couple, and happy to be so.

Votes: 100 46.5%

• Total voters

VixPix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My hubby & I are Swingers. We chose our partners together - usually single (well hung) men. We NEVER 'play' without eachother.
Our wedding night was a party with 6 people here to play with. Was considerably more fun than any-one elses wedding bash we have been to.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I answered as best I can...
...rather, as ACCURATELY as possible.
I am (as you see by my posts) seeing a small select GROUP of women;
Some know of one another, some do not, and 1 "just doesn't want one to run-up an' get done up" (HER statement).
I practice SAFER sex, get periodic checkups, and stay as clean inside and out as I can.
I don't cramp their styles - some of them have other guys-but we make it a point to NOT socialize in the same venue- another form of SAFER Sex in which you don't get your dick in a twist when you run across a sexual rival ( sounds kinda like "Wild Kingdom", doesn't it ?):eek:
At any rate, i don't see myself as cold hearted.
But this is the way one who get's burned once too often reacts- by becoming what they hated.
Besides... my sexual appetite varies wildly sometimes, and , honestly, ONE woman, no matter how caring or willing , would be able to satisfy my needs.
It's REALLY hard to find a sado-masochistic-rubber-bondage-tickle-bukakke-roleplay-dominatrix-oriented chick who loves sex in the open, home movies and several spreadable foodstuffs!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::eek: j/k but you get my point, I HOPE. (cuz' I don't wanna repeat it... :tongue:)
So-i answered the poll as best I could.
It may be a small comfort to add that the two women i see who don't have other boyfriends know of each other so well...
... they've been ruminating over the thought of SHARING me at ONCE...
<<<definitely MORE to come !:cool:

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
15 years monogamas ,not by choice.My wife and I would love to find another woman to play with.The snag comes when we ask for documented proof of a clean STD panel and a willingness to play with us both together or seperate.The one girl we tried with was clean but lied about not having other partners.That hurt because she was a friend we both grew up with and care allot about.

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what's the point of a relationship if it's not monogamous? relationships are work but that's what makes them special--the fact you're willing to work to maintain them. if not, you should be man enough to move on.

"open relationships" make me laugh. you're just fucking around but you just happen to fuck one person more than the others.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BigLittleMan said:
what's the point of a relationship if it's not monogamous? relationships are work but that's what makes them special--the fact you're willing to work to maintain them. if not, you should be man enough to move on.

"open relationships" make me laugh. you're just fucking around but you just happen to fuck one person more than the others.
What a narrow view. Just because you do not understand it, that does not make it less valid. Exclusive relationships are fine, as long as that is what both partners want. Inclusive relationships are fine, as long as that is what is desirable for all parties involved, as long as no lying/hiding/sneaking has to occur. When you say "what's the point of a relationship if it's not monogamous?" that comes across as implying that sex is the primary basis of the relationship. That may not be your intent, but that is what comes across. What's the point of a relationship if you have friends outside the relationship? What's the point of having more than one friend, for that matter?

If two people choose to keep sexual contact solely between themselves, that is fine, it is their decision. I love my partner for countless other things than sex. If we find somone whom we both think is attractive, what is wrong with inviting him to join us?

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
I was taught in college that a person changes every seven years of their lilfe, their tastes changes in every aspect. I believe this is true in relationships. As I'm older I'm more inclined to naturally settle down with one person.
Open realtionships can be a two edge sword, it can cut both ways. I learned this the hard way after a major STD scare with my partner. This was after we both agreed to include a friend one night. Scared the hell out of both of us. So much for safer sex.:eek:

jafar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps I am a bit old fashioned, I cannot understand what an open relationship means. Both my partner and I are 100% monogamous, and it just seems natural to us. I cannot even imagine having sex with another person.

averagepeck

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love and respect my GF and what we have.And I think too much of our relationship to risk fucking it up.Plus I'm very tunnel-minded thinking by nature regarding relationships,I'd rather invest my energy into one woman than sleep around.Life is hard already;why make it more complicated than it needs to be?