Morality

Caelestis

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm considering writing a website or book about public and private morality. I've seen some of the discussions on this site, and feel this is a valuable place to fish for opinions...

See, my problem is: I want an honest opinion of people's true moral views on certain subjects. People have verbal, public views and their own private views, often driven by their subconcious desires.

I feel there is a "net" of morality that separates subconcious desire from what people will openly admit. I believe that advertised desire is based simply on what society allows and the fetishists of the world are those that have the confidence to bring subconcious desires to concious desires.

I know I'm never going to record an accurate picture of subconcious desire. People will never be honest.

I'm looking to study the desires of humanity, concious and subconcious, admitted or not. I'm looking for suggestions on capturing said information honestly. I'm looking to find where people's subconcious desires meet the illegal, how, why and where. Most importantly why.

An old wives tale: You can't make an omlette without breaking eggs. I have no psychological qualifications, but this is something that interests me.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know where the line between fantasy and desire comes.

I have made a rational decision to try to be amoral. This is because I see morality as being a social constraint and habit, received behaviour, whereas I try to be ethical and behave in a manner that I have reasoned to be right. Perhaps this is how morality evolves.

Yes, I did say try. :smile:

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You look to survey people here or what? Probably won't work. the reputation of my online personna is too valuable. needs to be more anonymous

I know I'm never going to record an accurate picture of subconcious desire. People will never be honest.
Even if you found someone who tried their hardest to seek honesty, and found such an abnormal level in themselves... would you honestly accept it?

An old wives tale: You can't make an omlette without breaking eggs. I have no psychological qualifications, but this is something that interests me.
You can, but it beyond most people to understand why. So we continue to crack eggs.., and I will not say it is wrong in this society,.. as those possible chickens rarely have a bright future ahead of them.

but he has a terrible habit of get lost in his own thoughts and making little sense to normal people at times.
I understand him.

And, well... reputation is irrelevant amidst the chaos within me. I will do my best to answer anything, anywhere... as long as the people listening are comfortable with it. My opinions on worldly things often develop as my mind continues to spread through it, but I will answer all things based on feeling at the time.

Feel free to question me knowing I am a lonely voice in this world, but it is a voice struggling to be honest and true to me...

My Moral Standpoint:
Honesty in every and all aspects.

And that is what seperates me from the morals of society...