More Australian Senators behaving funny.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First Senator Fielding (Family First) questions the mantra.

Fielding wants solar flare theory investigated
Fielding wants solar flare theory investigated - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Fielding wants climate change proof from Wong
Fielding wants climate change proof from Wong - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Is offered an inconvenient truth............
Chief scientist fails to sway Fielding on climate
Chief scientist fails to sway Fielding on climate - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And feels the real heat for stepping out of line..........
Fielding feels heat over solar flare theory - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Meanwhile, Senator Xenaphon (Independent) and everyone else in the Senate who aren't in the ruling party won't go along with it either.

Carbon scheme vote put off until August
Carbon scheme vote put off until August - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Citing problems with the economic modelling and costing of the trading scheme. The Govt has been especially evasive with information regarding the real economic impact on the average Australian.

I'm not trying to stir up a global warming debate but the politics and economics behind what is being set up as a uniformed carbon trading scheme across the world stinks to high heaven. At present, it is becoming apparent that all that will be created is another Enronesque world of paper traders and deriv contracts syphoning the world of what wealth it has left. At worst, it appears as if a global tax on living is being implemented for even more nefarious reasons.

The main cheerleaders for it are also looking extremely suspect in their dealings behind the thin veneer of environmental piety.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I smell a rat.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
surprisingly, i agree with you for only the third or fourth time.

I am a passionate environmentalist.

I believe we are causing some warming, but only a small percent of a small percent of the overall.

I believe we absolutely must do more for conservation of the environment (forests, vital habitat, species,)
I believe we absolutely must enact tougher laws for polutiion, sewage, waste treatment, and the protection of our drinking waters and the oceans.
I believe we must make solid, progressive moves toward alternative energies because not only is it good for the planet, but eventually, will prove cheaper and more beneficial to its citizens in both cost and in terms of an improvment of overall quality of life and environment
I believe we should take all available means and innovations to bring our environmental thingking and plans a reality...
I believe we should be growing hemp for products to replace paper from the forests
I believe we should be investing massively in Solar, Nuclear, Hydro and other forms of power to start a steady progression to bringing alternative energy online as a larger percentage of our energy pie, and doing this quickly.

I do not however believe in the hysterics and massive grab of power that runs throughout the global warming fanatics' blood and vision.

This carbon tax, cap and trade nonsense is a smoke and mirror shell game, that is going to wind up hurting the average person, in Australia, the USA and everywhere else it may be enacted in similar fashion, very badly.

SEXXXX

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
there is absolutely nothing wrong in questioning the scientific legitimacy of the cause of global warming

SEXXXX

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
True, dat. What's "wrong" is when people look at the evidence and still end up on the wrong side of the fence.

Aren't you supposed to be floating on the Cape somewhere?

How's global warming affecting the sail?