More Boos for the Red, White & Blue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dreamer20, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dreamer20

Gold Member

It's fun to kill Afghans
    ,says top US commander
    It's fun to kill in Afghanistan, says top US commander - Asia, World - The Independent

The comments which have come back to haunt General James Mattis were made at a leadership seminar in 2005. He said: "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know it's a helluva hoot. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling. You go into Afghanistan, you get guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil ... guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

US Soldiers Killed Afghan Civilians And Kept
    Fingers, Skull As Trophies

US Soldiers Killed Afghan Civilians And Kept Fingers, Skull As Trophies

"American soldiers murdered Afghan civilians for sport and kept finger bones, leg bones, a tooth and a skull as grisly trophies, according to documents released by the Pentagon on Wednesday. The case is the worst such atrocity yet revealed in Afghanistan. It underscores that just as in Iraq, the US military intervention is a brutal colonial war in which the entire population of the country is a target...

This latest atrocity explodes the official pretense of the Obama administration that the war in Afghanistan is aimed at “fighting terrorism” and liberating the Afghan population from Taliban misrule."

It's time to stop fanning the flames of hatred towards America by these atrocious acts and unnecessary U.S. occupation of Afghanistan. Obama must bring the U.S. troops home and leave the Afghans to settle their differences in "peace jirga":

Karzai to pursue talks with Taliban - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Opinions please.

#1 dreamer20, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oy vey. And some would like us to believe that gay & lesbian people in the military is the problem. This is some sad shit.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw the "trophy" headline late last week and chose specifically not to click it, knowing all too well what It was all about <no appropriate emoticon exists>

If pulling out tomorrow would "mend rifts" or heal anything, I'd be the first to suggest it. But at this point, the acreage between American public sentiment and what's referred to as the "Muslim street" seems unbridgeable. All this talk of Koran burnings and a Ground-Zero mosque only enhances this chasm; if there's no better motive than ratings and newspaper sales, then there's blood on all our hands.

Sigh. Double sigh.

Using verbiage like "End Times" and "final struggle" is poorly-disguised code for a Christianist Rapture. Either Newt really believes it (and finally flipped his lid) or he's playing an insanely dangerous hand of nothing but lit dynamite.

Happy 9/11, everybody.

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    End religion now. All of it.

5. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Not surprised at all. Read some history of 'Nam. People go insane when they fight for that long and don't achieve anything tangible. They've been watching their friends get killed for almost a decade.

6. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, not really disagreeing, but the abuses started in 2002. In December 2002 at Abu Ghraib, American military personnel killed two inmates in prison. They were, &#8220;Hung by their arms from the ceiling and beaten so severely that, according to a report by Army investigators later leaked to the Baltimore Sun, their legs would have needed to be amputated had they lived."

Length of time in the field my have something to do with the insanity levels, but I think it is part of the nature of the military in a war.

On this anniversary of 9/11, I find it increasing hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys. If there ever was much difference that is...

7. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    nothing to see here... move along Johnny...

8. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

9. maxcok

Gold Member

Well, that's how it is when you wear blinders.

10. 123scotty

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    couldn't agree more

good people will do good things
    evil people will do evil things
    but only religion will make good people do evil things

11. maxcok

Gold Member

That makes no sense.
    Lots of people do evil things who have no religion.
    Lots of people do good things because of their religion.
    Some people justify doing evil things with their religious beliefs.
    Some people do evil things in spite of their religious beliefs.
    I'm not advocating for religion, but let's be logical.

#11 maxcok, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  12. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

General Mattis has got it right. a lot of people (women) have suffered due those pieces of shit. I've got no sympathy for them. Take em out. just think of how many beatings, rapes etc you'll save them from.

Draft saved Draft deleted