More daughters following dad’s career path

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

More daughters following dad’s career path
    About 20 percent of women follow in father’s footsteps, new study finds

So tell me fellas, how many of your daughters are in the same line of work you are? :confused:

My dad had his own exterminating business for a while when I was young. For most of my life he was the Deputy EEO Officer for a Naval Base. I don't like bugs and I will go light years out of my way to avoid confrontation. So there was pretty much no chance of my following in his footsteps professionally. :redface:

2. Altitude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well my dad was a telecommunications engineer, but my sister's in real estate/mortgage brokerage.... so yeah, not really following in footsteps :p

3. Mandee

Gold Member

Well, my father managed a grocery store right out of high school, then he joined the air force, then he worked for a company that does a lot of different things - welding, hauling oil, water, dirt and gravel, and they have a roustabout (oil well checking) service, and a backhoe service. Then he worked as a police officer for a good 10 years, now he's working at that company again as a supervisor.

I would never want to do what he does now, and I don't think I'd like to be a police officer either. I have thought about being in the AF, but I'm a little too lazy for that, and I don't like being yelled at. lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted