More mysterious ties to Obama

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Star this fetish of yours is getting pretty pathetic. I'm not saying Obama deserves blind praise but nothing is more UNpatriotic than not supporting the leader of our nation, especially before he's even been sworn is. It's going to be a long 8 years for you my friend.

And your treatment of GWB differs how?

Not trying to pick sides but that wasn't a clever statement to make reading through your post history.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Treatment? How did I "treat" GWB? The only thing I ask is that he be held accountable for sending this country to hell in a hand basket.

Not trying to pick sides but that wasn't a clever statement to make reading through your post history.

Nothing is wrong with my post history. I criticize Obama as well so that's a moot point. Comparing the two is apples and oranges. One ran the country for 8 years, the other hasn't been sworn in yet.

I hope anyone who discusses Bush actually knows the damage he's done to wildlife, the economy, our relationship with other countries and the environment before they go throwing stones.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

There is a difference between judging someone based on his actions and judging someone based on thin air and things he hasn't done.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has the FBI charged Obama with any crime or implicated him in any way to the Blago mess? Anything? Is he a person of interest here? Hmmm. So how is it you can find something they can not?

Have I convicted Obama of a crime? No. I've introduced the idea that he has some very questionable ties...and raise the possibility that sooner or later these associations catch up with you.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
I agree... I enjoy a healthy debate, but we need *facts*, not someone's "feelings."

A couple of points:

ACORN did not commit voter fraud. If you spent even a few minutes understanding the issue, it's very clear... and very clear why Republicans hate ACORN. ACORN pays people to get unregistered voters registered. They concentrate in the poor neighborhoods (likely democratic folks). Some of the folks they hired to go out and get new voters, did the easy/lazy approach and made up names and addresses. By *law*, ACORN is required to submit *all* registration cards to the board of elections ... they did separate the registrations into the ones they could verify by phone, and the ones that were "suspect" or could not be verified. Out of millions of new registered voters, less than 1% where deemed ineligible.

In order to commit voter fraud, the person needs to show up at the voting booth, prove their identity, and vote. Did this happen? No. So no voter fraud.

William Ayers: if you read his book or listen to Mr. Ayers following the election, you would understand the utter non-sense that the Republicans tried to put onto him.

And yes, you can succeed in a corrupt environment and not be tainted... you may not be well liked, but you can emerge with your honor and dignity intact. I know this from personal experience.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have I convicted Obama of a crime? No. I've introduced the idea that he has some very questionable ties...and raise the possibility that sooner or later these associations catch up with you.
I think you're trying to do more than "raise thr possibility" and you know it.:cool:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
and per starinvestor.. and the trolling comments. you are kidding me... shall we pull the last 4 years of Bush laden hive-poking in LPSG>>>!!!???

Ah, that most favored and tiresome of childhood reasonings..."others may have done similar things in the past, so I must be absolved of any culpability for doing them now." :rolleyes:

So, by all means...pull whatever you like. Just because he isn't the only troll to have ever existed doesn't make him any less of a troll.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, that most favored and tiresome of childhood reasonings..."others may have done similar things in the past, so I must be absolved of any culpability for doing them now." :rolleyes:

So, by all means...pull whatever you like. Just because he isn't the only troll to have ever existed doesn't make him any less of a troll.

Does this buffoon ever offer anything of substance, or are his contributions limited to silly and terse insults sprinkled with French? Does HG even understand politics, or has his infatuation with the French language monopolized his understanding of any other subject matter?:rolleyes:

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Obama has met people who are jerks. Who hasn't? The FBI is doing the work for you. Anything you've raised, they've investigated. They haven't found anything that Obama has done wrong. Your amateur detective skills are just that, amateur.

But if you're really concerned about people with questionable ties, apply your skills to investigating Bush and Cheney. You'll be in heaven for months going through that exhaustive list of questionable ties to shady people. Obama doesn't even hold a candle to them in that regard.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Does this buffoon ever offer anything of substance, or are his contributions limited to silly and terse insults sprinkled with French? Does HG even understand politics, or has his infatuation with the French language monopolized his understanding of any other subject matter?:rolleyes:

Unless I've missed something in the post you quoted of HG, there wasn't a French word there. Perhaps you might want to step away from the computer, stretch your legs, walk around the block, talk to a friend, arrange for some hot sex and come back when you're a bit more lucid and on point?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does this buffoon ever offer anything of substance...?

Of course I do. Go ask tu madre...she'll tell you all about it, son.

Unless I've missed something in the post you quoted of HG, there wasn't a French word there. Perhaps you might want to step away from the computer, stretch your legs, walk around the block, talk to a friend, arrange for some hot sex and come back when you're a bit more lucid and on point?

He just has a little crush on me, so he's been reading through my previous writings in an attempt to feel like he knows me. I can't say what he's got against the French, though...seems a little unfair to single them out, when I'm given to sprinkles of Latin, Spanish, German, and Italian as well.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Hulk, earlier in the thread somebody asked to point out Obama's past ties, that's where gigantik came up with those names.

My point is this: Do you dispute that the Obama campaign recieved $29 million from SEIU? Yes or No?

If you dispute that, please read today's WSJ. If you don't dispute it then, do you dispute that a top official from SEIU was visited by the FBI this week and that the official has been involved in discussions with Blago about the Senate seat?

Do you deny that Obama said he has had zero contact with Blago whatsoever? Yet there are pictures of the two shaking hands after the election. This isn't a crime or an indictment, but how can you expect people to just shrug off all of these coincidences? Would you question these things if McCain had won, and Arizona was riddled by corruption and McCain was closely involved with all of the players? Or would you just be whistling and singing about supporting your new president?

Very bad way of arguing.
If you said:
1) The Obama campaign received $29 million from the SEIU, and
2) A top SEIU official was visited by the FBI this week, and
3) The official has been involved in talks with Blago about a Senate seat,
and therefore
4) Obama seems obviously ethically at question in light of these three points ...

... anyone with half a brain would say, "Honey, you've no right to connect those dots in that way. That official, and Blago, may have been doing something legally smelly ... but the dots just don't connect in a way that involves Obama."
If the FBI have been looking at all this and don't consider Obama to have behaved in a questionable way (and so far, their statements offer no hint of suspicion of the president), then why are you barking out your arse?

And it's really bad form to offer your castle of assertions in the form of questions.
Make your assertions and support them.
(I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying you haven't.)

As for the pic, why don't you link to it, if you've seen it?
If you haven't seen it, then how can you tell anything about it's significance?
There are good reasons for a President Elect and the governor of the state he comes from to be thrown together in official circumstances and, yes, to shake hands.
What does it mean? Anything?
Do you think Obama gets in illegal collusion with Blagojevich and then calls in the photographers?
So, finally, even if you have seen a pic, it's not clear what point there is to draw.

There's so much insinuation in your words, but no compelling connecting of the dots.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very bad way of arguing.
If you said:
1) The Obama campaign received $29 million from the SEIU, and
2) A top SEIU official was visited by the FBI this week, and
3) The official has been involved in talks with Blago about a Senate seat,
and therefore
4) Obama seems obviously ethically at question in light of these three points ...

... anyone with half a brain would say, "Honey, you've no right to connect those dots in that way. That official, and Blago, may have been doing something legally smelly ... but the dots just don't connect in a way that involves Obama."
If the FBI have been looking at all this and don't consider Obama to have behaved in a questionable way (and so far, their statements offer no hint of suspicion of the president), then why are you barking out your arse?

And it's really bad form to offer your castle of assertions in the form of questions.
Make your assertions and support them.
(I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying you haven't.)

As for the pic, why don't you link to it, if you've seen it?
If you haven't seen it, then how can you tell anything about it's significance?
There are good reasons for a President Elect and the governor of the state he comes from to be thrown together in official circumstances and, yes, to shake hands.
What does it mean? Anything?
Do you think Obama gets in illegal collusion with Blagojevich and then calls in the photographers?
So, finally, even if you have seen a pic, it's not clear what point there is to draw.

There's so much insinuation in your words, but no compelling connecting of the dots.

I don't deny anything you say here. Indeed, I can't prove anything yet. But this complex web of corruption and deal-making constantly leads back to one man - Mr. Barack Obama. Hence the title of the thread -- mysterious ties.

I hope I'm wrong and this guy somehow has the wherewithal and ethical conviction to transcend all those around him. The needle on Obama's morality compass hasn't officially moved yet, but there are a lot of eyes on it.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't deny anything you say here. Indeed, I can't prove anything yet. But this complex web of corruption and deal-making constantly leads back to one man - Mr. Barack Obama. Hence the title of the thread -- mysterious ties.

The web doesn't really lead back to Obama.
It's merely possible to imagine Obama have some insidious connection to all of that.
No proof at all.
Everything makes just as much sense if Obama is left out.
He came up through a political cesspoll. If he was personally sullied, the proof is thin on the ground. (Doesn't mean that there isn't any, of course.)
And personally, I don't get the impression that Obama has dishonest instincts, nor the willingness to risk the long arc of his aspirations for short-term gain.
He's too intelligent and too clear-eyed.
But stranger things have happened.

I hope I'm wrong and this guy somehow has the wherewithal and ethical conviction to transcend all those around him. The needle on Obama's morality compass hasn't officially moved yet, but there are a lot of eyes on it.

If I may allow myself an arbitrary moment -- you don't sound like you hope you are wrong. You sound dismayingly confident that you are right.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

No, it leads to Blago who tried to profit off of Obama's resignation. The FBI are on top of it, they will let you know when you need to worry about Obama. To date, the FBI haven't found that Obama has done anything even remotely improper.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree... I enjoy a healthy debate, but we need *facts*, not someone's "feelings."

A couple of points:

ACORN did not commit voter fraud. If you spent even a few minutes understanding the issue, it's very clear... and very clear why Republicans hate ACORN. ACORN pays people to get unregistered voters registered. They concentrate in the poor neighborhoods (likely democratic folks).

Likely? Give us a break, Mikey.

Forget the bullshit cartoon registrations. ACORN shuttled [democrats] to the polls and gave them a pack of cigarettes and a flyer on what to vote for in each election - local, state and national.

Don't spin this, you know that this is what occurred, yet you and every other liberal spins it into some novel act of philanthropy by ACORN.

Its complete bullshit and you and everyone else knows it. Everyone.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

That sounds good Star. :smile:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's too intelligent and too clear-eyed.

Could be. I'm not sold yet.

If I may allow myself an arbitrary moment -- you don't sound like you hope you are wrong. You sound dismayingly confident that you are right.

Time will tell, Rubi. Truly, I have nothing to gain if he goes down. I have far more at stake than an "I told you so" on a website. I'll gladly eat crow here if the rest of the world maintains order...I promise.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama said he had never spoken to the governor on the subject, adding he was confident that "no representatives of mine would have any part of any deals related to this seat."

Fox Chicago News has learned about possible conversations between a top Obama aide and the governor regarding the open senate seat. Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat.

I think just says they talked. But there's a bit of coverage going on now that the Obama camp more or less 'turned down' offers. So someone may have to take the hit if they knew about deal offers.