More Patriot fun

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by madame_zora, Feb 9, 2007.

1. madame_zora

Gold Member

So everyone knows I think bush is a gigantic flapping cunt, but as more and more of his actions come to light, I no longer have to rely on intution.

TPMmuckraker January 17, 2007 11:48 AM

In case you like the news coming from a more legitimate source:

Senator Feinstein Concerned over Resignations of at Least Seven U.S. Attorneys Across the Country

If it isn't a threat to our freedoms, why did it have to be done on the sly, without allowing Democrats to even be involved? The cover up makes them guilty, just like all the other shit they've been pulling. Wake up America, while it's still the land of the sort of free.

It's just not good enough to keep pulling the blankets over our heads and saying "It's just not real!"

2. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

People who excuse this shit take "towing the party" line to a new level of fucking stupidity.

None of MY "family values" ever included lies and cover-ups.

Bastards.

3. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

america has been hijacked, not by osama bin laden, or by terrorists.
    but by a goverment of the super corrupt, and super greedy.
    I have been thinking of moving to south america..
    anyone want to come and live in my compund?
    DJG

4. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    My love sucks G.W. Bush's dick daily. I'm speaking figuratively, of course. I can't wait to make him read these articles. Thanks as always, Mme. Z.

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hey, I ain't mad atcha girl, I've fucked a few repubs in my time too. Not the most creative lovers, on the whole, but good for a pounding when you're in the mood for that.

Haha, amazingly on the news tonight, I just heard (abc news) that some of the brainiacs have determined that the intelligence bush used to make us think we needed to invade Iraq was fraudulent. Geez, ya think? They could have asked the bloggers three years ago and saved us billions of dollars and thousands of lives. Oh yeah, that would have left Halliburton taking a huge dump, and we can't have that, now can we?

Follow the fucking money- it's the only thing that never lies.

6. ital8

ital8 New Member

I just read a similar article on-line. I wish I could find it. But it basically stated what you said, madame zora. The current administration is fucked up, but this country has been through tough times before. America has gotten through The Great Depression, two World Wars, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, etc. As grim as the future may look, I have to look at it positively, and tell myself that Americans are resilient people. We will get through the consequences this administration has brought upon us.

7. meatpackingbubba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well put, Ital8.

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well put indeed, I think we all hope for that. Still it would be nice if just once in a while we could actually learn from our past mistakes. We teach kids this in kindergarten, but seem to forget it by adulthood.

9. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Resilience does not excuse recklessness.

10. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    While Dems sit back and do little... they know whatever you are bithcing about (not even going to bother click whatever lame link is posted)..... is biznezz as usual.

Greenhouse gases is issue du jour (just as voting for Iraq was... proof positive Dems go with whatever the polls say... denial of that is ...well, denial)... I'm seeing it every instance every day life. Iraq is old... the economy rolling along, unemployment is at a decades low, inflation is ok (threatened, but ok), what next....

Tell me Mr Pollster... what do I care about as a politician....?

11. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:

Curious how "the administration" effects your daily life??? Since you seem to reference the Great Depression as well...and cite the same "American resiliency".

12. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you trying to give Mr. Pres-o-dent credit for these things? Well, you go on ahead. I won't even try to stop you. War has always been fabulous for the American economy. Fake wars too. And the Bush's are EXCELLENT at starting psuedo wars, aren't they?

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

Haha, not to mention that like the "No Child Left Behind" campaign, it's easy to make the economy appear to be better when you're so selective on what you report. Has average income gone up? No. Anyone know how long you have to be unemployed before you're no longer a statistic? No, I thought you didn't.

This administration is accountable to no one, has no oversight on any of these reported statistics, they're no more impressive than our polls here.

14. ital8

ital8 New Member

That's funny that you mentioned "The No Child Left Behind Act" because I am in the field of education. I feel that this administration is pumping too much money into the war effort and not enough money into education. I'm not one to say that money fixes all problems, but I believe if the government alloted more money towards school districts then maybe some of the more urban schools would be able to afford more resources that would enhace a child's education. The standardized tests are ridiculous. Sure, we need to hold both teachers and students accountable, but why cut funding for districts who do not pass these tests. Isn't it logical that maybe these schools need more funding to help students pass these exams? Also, so much time and effort is taken away from actual learning just to prepare for these tests. I don't mean to go off on a tanget regarding this thread, but I guess in a way it is related.

15. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    We have lost five helicopters in the past month or so... each one of those is a fucking school that will never be built... those dismissals are reprehensible to say the least! The Dems DO have to follow the polls, they are a measure of where the people are at any given time and they ABSOLUTELY cannot lose the balance of power because we have now seen what can happen when they do and the Republicans are in power. So, give the Dem's a break, they are not perfect, but they are good Americans, and the batch we have now are an excellent group by and large. Great links Madame Zora!!!!

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

I'm not saying that dems are without flaw or perfect in any way. What I'm saying is that statistics without accountability are useless.

I don't trust any political power that goes unchecked, and it just so happens that the one to which I'm objecting is the repubs, because they have been running unchecked for the last six years, and the effects of this have been gruesome at best.

While everyone likes to read that as me thinking dems are somehow superior, that's just a straw man argument, because the facts (which speak for themselves) are impossible to refute.

Our country works best when there is a balance of power, that's the way the most people's views and rights are considered. We'll never get anywhere only courting the views of the few, as we have been.

And we need accountability. No business survives without taking inventory, and even a simple business fires an executive who is determined not to be beneficial to the well-being of the company as a whole. Clerks in the mailroom get fired for stealing paperclips, leaving a monarch unchecked to rewrite laws that conflict with the constitution is incomprehensible to me. Had Clinton done that, I would have been just as perturbed.

17. meatpackingbubba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wasn't aware that the federal government had the primary responsibility for funding education. Isn't that done at the state and local level, primarily through collection of property taxes?

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

This is true to a point. Education is a local issue, and the federal government usually assists with programs like Free and Reduced Lunch, etc. The problem arises when they mandate legislation with compliance and not funding. NCLB is a good example. Those tests cost millions of dollars to have developed and aligned with state standards. The Feds off no funding; only the threat of withholding funding if states do not comply. MD has spent millions of dollars to get assessments created; off the shelf tests don't work without a national curriculum (again, not in effect as education is locally overseen).

A clearer example is the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This is the law that governs special education and promises each child with a disability a free, appropriate, public education (called FAPE). The Federal government has promised to fund the law at 40% of its cost since it was enacted as the Education of Handicapped Children Act in 1974. As of last year, they were still only funding it at ~16%, even though the law still states that they will fund at 40%.

Typically, it costs a school district 300% of it's per pupil costs to educate a student with a disability, with the state making up the difference, if any.
    For example, Baltimore City's per pupil expenditure is about $9000. The special ed facility where I worked for 12 years had an average student tuition of aroung $50,000 (for 11 months). SO, the City pays $27,000 and the state is left to make up a huge portion of that difference as the feds have not given the funding. In this example, we're talking $20000 for one student. This would reduce the strain on both the state and local government.

I hope this helps. This funding issue, I might add, is a bi-partisan failure. Period.

Lex, former special education teacher and administrator

19. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

As a fan of giant flapping cunts, I would ask you to kindly cease and desist comparing them to something so unpleasant as our president.

20. Full_Phil

Full_Phil New Member

Both Bush & Clinton were state governors who I believe spent money on education, and yet they do nothing when in the White House. On a more general level, it is a very small part of my job to monitor what media pundits AND their influential guests say publicly with regard to overall political and economic trends ("public influencers"), and I believe (not, I hope, because I want to), the the tide has FINALLY turned. I think we're going to see an ever-increasing momentum of movement away from Bush and his puppeteers by those who have been trying to stay in step. It's my "feel" at this point, but the signals are there.

Draft saved Draft deleted