More PC Bullshit

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The only people i know who get pissed off being called "Mexicans" are Nicaraguans, El Salvadorians, Chilean, Argentine or Iberian Spaniards LOL :biggrin1:

Thats not so much a reflection of PC Bullshit as it is of the geocentrc ignorance of some of some people.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it kinda sad when Americans give themselves bull shit classifications like Italian American, Dutch American or African American.

That doesn't bother me. What pisses me off is people (here in the US) saying things like "I'm Italian" or "I'm Irish" when they were born and raised here, usually of parents who were also born and raised here. They are not Irish, or Italian, or whatever, but American! If you were not born in X-land, not raised in X-land, and are not a citizen of X-land, then you are not in any sense X-ish (fill in the X with an appropriate country name). Your immigrant forebears [I don't mean you, Pup, but the Americans who talk this way] probably had to suffer a lot of grief from native-born citizens who would treat them as foreigners, and probably had a long struggle to become Americans, or at least to see their children accepted as Americans.

Spaz and spastic were terms of abuse in the playground and elsewhere long before the 80s. First attested use of 'spaz' is in 1965 - which means it was probably knocking around for a good while before that.

I can confirm that. The word was part of the vocabulary of playground taunting in my childhood, and I was born in 1961.

Well... the ancient Greeks were kinda big on anal you know.

Actually, that is not correct, at least if the researches of K. J. Dover are to be relied on. According to Dover (as I recall not from actually reading his work but from reading about it), the ancient Greeks looked with scorn on men who, as we would say today, bottomed. "Manly" sexual relations between males (usually a man and a boy) were done "intercrurally," meaning by rubbing the penis between the legs of the partner.