More Proof Obama & His Bots Have No Clue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1BiGG1, Nov 12, 2008.

1. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

WTF? Yeah Obama, you are gonna pull this off like Bill Clinton but I will not tell the Bots cus I don't wanna see um cry about how they got taken. :wink:

Obama health plan to cost $75 billion: analysis - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President-elect Barack Obama's plans to overhaul the U.S. health care system would cost the federal government $75 billion but would provide health insurance for 95 percent of Americans, consulting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers said on Wednesday.

This works out to about $2,500 per newly insured person, the firm said in a report.

"The plan would increase to $1 trillion cumulatively by 2018 or approximately $130 billion per year," the report said.

While the plan would extend health insurance to two-thirds of the 47 million people who currently lack it, the overhaul may worsen some problems, such as a shortage of primary care doctors, the analysis found.

"Unless costs are cut, growing health care costs will increase the costs of Obama's plan dramatically over time and reduce the effectiveness of mandates. This could make the federal costs unsustainably high," the report read.

"Because of the deficit and financial crisis, there's unlikely to be any new federal money available, so health reform may require reallocation of dollars already in the health system."

But some of the money could be recovered from payouts made to hospitals that care for the uninsured, the analysis found. It found that $25 billion, or about a third of the cost of Obama's plan, could come from existing payments to hospitals for uncompensated care.

"Obama's proposal is likely to increase revenues but lower margins for providers, pharmaceutical companies and health plans that increasingly depend on government payment," the report read.

Some people have suggested that dealing with the global financial crisis outweighed the need for immediate health care reform, but PriceWaterhouseCoopers said they were not mutually exclusive. For instance, health reforms could spark new mergers and acquisitions, it said.

"The financial crisis and culminating market forces could accelerate health reform, not be a roadblock," the report read.

2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Rob........please close the politics thread! You said that after the elections were over you'd close it. I am (and I know I'm not alone here) tired of crap posts like this. Maybe if you closed down Politics down, people such as the OP would go away, and allow us to go back to talking about penises, tits, pussy, ass, sex, etc. The election is over with, its time to let the healing begin......

3. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pardon the obvious question, but since you're so obviously bothered by the tone and content of the discussions occurring in this forum, why do you even read it?

4. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

We completely agree on something!

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

I like to see how pathetic 1BiGG1 can get. He never ceases to amaze me how low he will stoop to to get the point that he hates democrats and liberal.

6. Gl3nn

Gold Member

So true unabear

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Little confused today or something? You start off bitching about what you come back saying you enjoy. :rolleyes:

8. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

nope not at all....notice I said I liked to see how pathetic you could get....thats the part I enjoy...I despise your bullshit posts.

btw....with every post you put up like this, your credibility gets lower and lower

#8 unabear09, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  9. Biggin'

Biggin' New Member

I though political dissent was seen by the lefties as patriotic a few months ago...?

Oh, did i just call the left unpatriotic?

The only way the lefts philosophies and arguments can really succeed is by shutting down the voice of the opposition. The press really helped the left this time.

More "get out the young vote" = taking advantage of gullable minds.

10. pym

pym New Member

Hey "1'little'one", your nihilistic vision of the future singles YOU out as a non-entity in my book. I love this country and still have great hope for the future. You are a TOTAL downer and from what i've read of
    your constantly NEGATIVE posts most likely a Chronic Loser of the first order. I want you to know that I, as a very patriotic American share NOTHING in common with your Vision or values. I KNOW you.....Last to give, and first in line come Feeding time. You are an Infection. :thumbsdown2:

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This may be the case, but do you honestly feel that the appropriate response is to silence all political discussion for everyone on the site?

12. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    if you enjoy seeing it, then don't complain :confused:

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! and many more LOL'S! Sorry, unabear, but it has me rolling on the floor that you think 1BIGGI1 has or ever had any credibility! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! etc. (seriously, I'm rolling on the floor! Good one!) :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

14. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Voices of dissent shall always be heard. Even when they are semi-ignorant*, borne of hate, and riddled with sarcasm.

Spending half of every day looking for sensational "articles"** that support one's sense of political aggrievement, and then spending the other half trolling talkradio or websites regurgitating the "articles",** equates more to a pathological failure of self-esteem, or a misaligned sense of priority, or both, than to what anyone would really consider thoughtful dissent.

* More annoying than the wholly ignorant, the semi-ignorant maintain at least a partial understanding of certain issues and a monstrous, yet misguided faith in their own cleverness and virtue.

** "articles" = veerrrrrrrrrry loosely defined as anything published anywhere in any medium by anyone or anything.

15. midlifebear

Gold Member

An opportunistic infection? Viral or bacterial? I know the end result is just a big pile of pus, but with the right medication "these types" as you so well describe them might be stopped.

I remember an old quote that I never quite understood until I was much older. My grandmother would say of someone, "They'd complain if they were hung by a silk rope." I miss my grandma. Good cookies. And I never had to clean them out of my memory cache.:biggrin1:

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

"We like Silvertrain. He is smart. We will keep him." Quick! And what episode from Star Trek is that modified quote?

17. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

When you get done laughing maybe you can go back to this page ….

http://www.lpsg.org/109227-pelosi-obama-disaster-americans-auto-9.html

… and backpedal on all the misinformation you were spreading (that I quickly & eloquently debunked). Especially let us know more about that “special chemical” that’s put in your diesel engine so it only emits ammonia and water lol! :rolleyes:

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Actually, I'm all for the fall of the BIG THREE. They've had ample time to avoid the fiasco that will soon occur. Where were you in 1973 when you couldn't find a gas station that had any 100 Octane for your 1969 Lincoln? I was Reno, Nevada and we NEVER thought there would be a gas shortage. I wouldn't drive a US manufactured auto if you gave it to me for free. And I have evidence: I recently pawned off a Dodge RAM 4x4 and my old Jeep to ranchers who think they'll be able to buy/afford fuel to run them. Fools!

Whatever Pelosi and Obama do won't make much difference. Considering the whoop loads Bush has already thrown at his banking and investment chronies, the US Auto Industry is small potatoes.

#18 midlifebear, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  19. lucky8

Gold Member

I'd vote for getting rid of the politics forum. It's caused some trouble since its creation. People could still post about politics in etc. etc., but I think the politics forum is now just adding fuel to the fire of repetitve posts that have no point.

20. mikeyh9in

mikeyh9in Active Member

Albums:
    1Bigg1,
    I'm not seeing a point here. I don't think anyone, including President-elect Obama, is saying that fixing the healthcare system would be FREE.
    $75 Billion a year seems pretty cheap to me... considering...

- Just came up with $800 Billion for banks to pay their employee's bonuses.
    - We are spending $10 Billion a month in Iraq.
    - Our defense budget is somewhere in the ball park of $750 Billion a year.

How to come up with $75Billion for healthcare?:
    - End the war in Iraq (savings $120Billion a year)
    - $25Billion a year in healthcare savings that the government is currently spending on the un/under-insured. (pointed out in your article)
    - cut the Defense Department budget by 25% (saving about $180Billion per year).

Let's start spending money on things that matter to people and stop giving money to corporations.

Draft saved Draft deleted